X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~The 'Where is the Fleet?' Game~

Season 2 Finale Spoiler Alert
    DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR A MAJOR SPOILER AND DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU
    Spoiler:

At the end of Season 2, the majority of the surviving humans have moved to a planet. The ships have been left in orbit on patrol and mostly empty. At the end of the episode, the Cylon fleet suddenly appears which causes the Adamas to execute an emergency FTL jump.

Now, my question is Where is the fleet during this crisis? I ask the question because when I think of the fleet executing an emergency FTL, given the situation descriped above, the image that comes to mind is that Adama has taken the fleet on a little joy ride.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Adama and Son got into a pissing match as to which is faster at sublight - Pegasus or Galactica. The fleet jumped away to watch the Adamas drag race the two Battlestars around a solar system.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
      Adama and Son got into a pissing match as to which is faster at sublight - Pegasus or Galactica. The fleet jumped away to watch the Adamas drag race the two Battlestars around a solar system.

And the winner get to pimp their battlestar?

Comment

LOL...

But seriously...

They probably jumped somewhere close to their original course before they came to New Caprica. It would be the last place they'd have in their computers.

Right now, the fleet's going to be occupied in trying to get back to full combat readiness. That means finding more people. That means, going back home.

Caprica's not the only colony, after all. There might still be survivors, if the Cylons really moved on.

Comment

The first jump of course would be a random coordinated location. As far as their destination, I'll have to go with many others and say its either one of the shipyards/armories, or the original colonies themselves.

How many Basestars jumped in? Was it five I saw? Because even if both Adamas "pimped out their Battlestars", I doubt that two Battlestars could drive away five Basestars without being destroyed themselves. Yes, I know Pegasus took on three Basestars, but she was NOT going to win that battle. And Galactica can barely take on a single Basestar.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMesa8
            The first jump of course would be a random coordinated location. As far as their destination, I'll have to go with many others and say its either one of the shipyards/armories, or the original colonies themselves.

How many Basestars jumped in? Was it five I saw? Because even if both Adamas "pimped out their Battlestars", I doubt that two Battlestars could drive away five Basestars without being destroyed themselves. Yes, I know Pegasus took on three Basestars, but she was NOT going to win that battle. And Galactica can barely take on a single Basestar.
            For some reason, I keep hoping that this will lead to an SG1/BSG crossover. Okay, yes, very fanboyish... But Adama and Son could teach the Tau'ri how to fight in space, and the Tau'ri could give Galactica and Pegasus enough firepower to take back New Caprica.

Highly unlikely, I know, but a guy can dream...

Comment

PEOPLE! I'm not asking Where SERIOUSLY is the fleet. I thought it'd be fun if we contributed humorous explainations as to where the fleet got off to and what they're doing in the middle of the crisis facing the human race. Such as... the fleet is tailgating at a Pyramid game.

Comment

Well why didn't you say so?

(At a bar on some obscure planet)

BILL ADAMA: I've gotta tell you, Jack, I've got no frakking idea what to do. (downs a shot) Without Starbuck, we're frakked. Lee can't pilot-Hell, nobody can pilot! All the pilots got picked up by pilot fans and settled on that frakking planet! Damn traitors!

JACK O'NEILL: (nods sympathetically) Yeah... Damn government put me in a desk... With our homeworld under invasion, I'm finally gonna get some action... And then they say "You're too valuable", blah blah freaking blah! These newbies have NO clue what's goin' on, ya know? Fer crying out loud. EVASIVE MANUEVERS! And DON'T PRESS THE SHINY BUTTON! (gulps down a LOT of his beer).

ELIZABETH WEIR: (head on her arms) The man I love and secretly pine after's been taken by the Wraith... And I just sent those life-sucking Goth punks on a course for Earth because once again, I let my hope cloud my instinct. I've gotta stop thinking everyone else in the universe thinks like humans... (bangs her head against the bar) BARTENDER! Scotch, hard. Beckett's gonna want some when I get home...

(Lee Adama and Dee are later treated to the unusual and disturbing sight of Weir doing a striptease to a cheering crowd, while Adama and Jack calmly watch, sipping beers)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                  For some reason, I keep hoping that this will lead to an SG1/BSG crossover.
                  Well since
                  Spoiler:
                  Edward James Olmos is not returning to Battlestar Galactica for Season 3
                  then a crossover is as plausible as any other scenario.

Comment

Now, my question is Where is the fleet during this crisis? I ask the question because when I think of the fleet executing an emergency FTL, given the situation described above, the image that comes to mind is that Adama has taken the fleet on a little joy ride.
                    Going by the past, the RTF probably were already issued jump coordinates, even if they are over a year old. The question becomes, how are the Colonials going to find enough personnel, train pilots, repair their ships for a fight, and mount a rescue mission or is it even possible?

A logical solution would be to, at least send a recon mission, go back to the Colonies and see if the Cylons really left. Out of 12 planets and who knows how many outposts, there is a strong possibility that there are human survivors. Even a small number of 900 survivors per colony will add up to 10-11,000 people, might be enough manpower to repair the ships for combat and for crew and pilot training. I remember an article about a 1988 hypothetical thermonuclear world war that predicted at least 50% of the Earth's population would survive and that's using 57,000 of all the world's nuclear arsenal of 67,000...and that includes not only a U.S. and U.S.S.R. exchange but also Arab vs Israel, India vs Pakistan, North vs South Korea, and U.S.S.R. vs China nuclear exchange. So 900 survivors per colony might be a low number unless the Cylons were highly efficient in finding and eliminating any humans. Plus only a year or 2 has passed.

Clean out any supply depots and salvage whatever parts and ships. Could even hide at Ragnar Anchorage or some other hidden Colonial supply base for repairs and refitting. The Cylons now know it's not a place they want to stay at for long. If Chief Peter Laird is still onboard, you have an engine designer that could design upgrades. Building a small fleet of stealth blackbirds would be effective against the Cylons. The Cylons couldn't detect the blackbird in clear space, what are their chances in a nubula? Might be the only chance for the Colonials to improve the odds and rescue the people on New Caprica. Might end up being a suicide mission, fly the blackbirds into the baseships and drop off a nuke. Even reskinning existing Vipers with carbon fiber might be just as effective.

Oh well, just have to wait and see what happens in Season 3. The Colonials might just hide the rest of the RTF somewhere and just staff a single battlestar with whoever is left on the ships and resort to hit and run tactics. That sounds like what Admiral Cain would do, doesn't it?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooteristi
                      Well since
                      Spoiler:
                      Edward James Olmos is not returning to Battlestar Galactica for Season 3
                      then a crossover is as plausible as any other scenario.
                      Er...yer, we'll just over look the fact that
                      Spoiler:
                      he is.

Thanks Ellymelly for dis awesome sig!

Comment

*sighs* Ah, a BattleStarGateica cross over...*Dreams* When I finish my firefly fanfiction, this is soooo next on my list to do...

Still, I somehow doubt that a BSG/SG-1 cross over would work, however, with the ending of season 2, I suppose it's, remotely possible...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

It could work... Just takes some imagination.

Comment

It just came to me...I've been saying for days that Adama bailed to pimp out his Battlestar...well imagine this...STEALTH BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!!!!!

BOOYAH!!
                            Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Gentlemen, start your sub light engines!

5...4...3...2...1 GO!
                              I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Working...
                              X