PDA

View Full Version : Valencia vs. Adria

Amanda Eros
March 11th, 2006, 06:56 AM
In Camalot I believe we saw a bit of foreshadowing. Valencia portraying King Arthur fighting her brother who was portraying Mordrid. My theory is that Valencia is the new representation of King Arthur and Adria, Vala's wonder baby, is the new portrayal of Mordrid. Will we see these two teens fight it out in Season ten? Maybe, maybe not. What do you think?

NotAscended
March 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM
In Camalot I believe we saw a bit of foreshadowing. Valencia portraying King Arthur fighting her brother who was portraying Mordrid. My theory is that Valencia is the new representation of King Arthur and Adria, Vala's wonder baby, is the new portrayal of Mordrid. Will we see these two teens fight it out in Season ten? Maybe, maybe not. What do you think?

Interesting idea. I definitely think they were foreshadowing a role for Valencia in the fight against the Ori, but didn't see the possible Arthur/Mordrid parallel.

However, I think they were also foreshadowing that there actually *is* an Arthur out there somewhere who will be returning, so I'm not sure they'll go that route. Either way, I really enjoyed the Valencia character and hope she'll be back for more stories in S10.

Amanda Eros
March 11th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Interesting idea. I definitely think they were foreshadowing a role for Valencia in the fight against the Ori, but didn't see the possible Arthur/Mordrid parallel.

However, I think they were also foreshadowing that there actually *is* an Arthur out there somewhere who will be returning, so I'm not sure they'll go that route. Either way, I really enjoyed the Valencia character and hope she'll be back for more stories in S10.

I think that if there is an Arthur out there, he's asendend. Perhaps he's waiting to deascend if this scenerio ever took place.

I'm wondering about something else as well. In "It's good to be king" there was a pillar that had the future events of the people of that planet. Perhaps they would be able to get some idea of what will happen if they read ahead. Plus, if Merlin did use a time traviling device, wouldn't he have been able to tell when the Orii would show up? Perhaps the sword was on a timer? Or it was waiting for Valencia to pull it out. It may have had her genetic code written into the scenors. Or being that she did pull it out to save another, instead of boosting her own social standings, it allowed her to pull it from the stone.

the fifth man
March 11th, 2006, 10:14 PM

I enjoyed her character too. Hopefully she will come into play at some point in season 10.:)

Amanda Eros
March 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I enjoyed her character too. Hopefully she will come into play at some point in season 10.:)

I think that would be nice. I would also like to see more of Merlin's library being explored.

knowles2
March 14th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Now I hope the fight takes place near mud.

Peoples_General
March 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM

No swords or any weapons. Just a plain old good, girl -vs- girl cat fight. :lol:

Hopefully, full grown Adria will not any powers like that of Khalek or the Priors. I don't think Valencia will last long if that ever happened.

deadman
March 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I like this idea!!!

Amanda Eros
March 14th, 2006, 04:03 PM

Just remember those two are like twelve...

2ndgenerationalteran
March 14th, 2006, 11:05 PM
great idea

knowles2
March 14th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Know ardia I believe like fifteen and adria, well she probably age up to somthin like sixteen.

FallenAngelII
March 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
I think that if there is an Arthur out there, he's asendend. Perhaps he's waiting to deascend if this scenerio ever took place.

I'm wondering about something else as well. In "It's good to be king" there was a pillar that had the future events of the people of that planet. Perhaps they would be able to get some idea of what will happen if they read ahead. Plus, if Merlin did use a time traviling device, wouldn't he have been able to tell when the Orii would show up? Perhaps the sword was on a timer? Or it was waiting for Valencia to pull it out. It may have had her genetic code written into the scenors. Or being that she did pull it out to save another, instead of boosting her own social standings, it allowed her to pull it from the stone.

Yeah, I think so too. Ascended Arthur waiting to Ascend.

Peoples_General
March 15th, 2006, 08:39 AM
No... Valencia is around 22 to 23 years of age being born in 1982. At least the gorgeous actress that plays her is that age. Im 24 thats why Im kinda digging Katharine Isabelle.

As for Adria, considering her rapid growth into adult hood, she'll probably be young woman in her 20s the next time we see her and she'll remain that way for a long time.

Amanda Eros
March 15th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Know ardia I believe like fifteen and adria, well she probably age up to somthin like sixteen.

In the spoiler for Flesh and Bone it only mentions that she will age up to twelve. There is no indication that she will age rapidly beyond that.

Formerhost
March 15th, 2006, 09:14 AM
In the spoiler for Flesh and Bone it only mentions that she will age up to twelve. There is no indication that she will age rapidly beyond that.

"Flesh and Blood" is the first episode, so it's quite possible that in the next episodes we can see older Adria.

Peoples_General
March 15th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Hopefully, a fully grown Adria will be a babe (but with an evil attitude) instead of having her otherwise pretty face get messed up as that of the Priors and Doci.

It's bad enough that they do this with the Wraith Queen[s]... No sense in hiring yet another beautiful actress for the purpose of messing up her face just to make her character look all creepy and evil.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 15th, 2006, 10:41 PM
dont matter to me im close enought to consider myself as 16, i can pass for 18 though, so mud fight is cool with me

Chutzpah
March 16th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Perhaps she was only able to pull out the sword because The Black Night was out and about, i mean thats how you defeat him so it would make sense. Or on the flip side she could be some sort of Joan of Arc character (i know they are totally different time periods but you catch my drift).

FallenAngelII
March 16th, 2006, 02:58 AM
No... Valencia is around 22 to 23 years of age being born in 1982. At least the gorgeous actress that plays her is that age. Im 24 thats why Im kinda digging Katharine Isabelle.

As for Adria, considering her rapid growth into adult hood, she'll probably be young woman in her 20s the next time we see her and she'll remain that way for a long time.

I doubt it. They portrayed her as a teen.

travis
March 16th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Hopefully, a fully grown Adria will be a babe (but with an evil attitude) instead of having her otherwise pretty face get messed up as that of the Priors and Doci.

It's bad enough that they do this with the Wraith Queen[s]... No sense in hiring yet another beautiful actress for the purpose of messing up her face just to make her character look all creepy and evil.
I'm actually hoping for the opposite, where by she is more like the Doci or Prior other wise it be like watching ' Barbie gone evil'

I think how they portray the character with their acting ability is more important than just having them look pretty for the camera.
Look at Charlie Therizon(spelling?) in monster.

Formerhost
March 16th, 2006, 03:42 AM
I'm actually hoping for the opposite, where by she is more like the Doci or Prior other wise it be like watching ' Barbie gone evil'

I think how they portray the character with their acting ability is more important than just having them look pretty for the camera.
Look at Charlie Therizon(spelling?) in monster.

Charlize Theron

esoap524
March 16th, 2006, 03:59 PM

Still underage, my friend. your mind out of the mud...er, gutter!

Mud wrestling aside, the idea of the good vs evil shoot out is a good one.

KillerMercury
March 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Interesting...doubt it's gonna happen (unless somehow you can work reincarnation in Gate mythology), but it'll make great fiction.

Peoples_General
March 18th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Adria will be a teen when we first see her. But who is to say that she'll grow up to be in her 20s ..... OR.... how about this possibility?

TPTB rips another one off of Xena:Warrior Princess... and Adria grows up to look just like Vala. Much like how Hope looked exactly like Gabrielle. So you'll have Claudia Black playing dual roles of Vala and Adria. LOL!

However, it'd be interesting for CB to play a darker character. One thats serious and quite... evil. A complete opposite to the Vala character.

Dang, TPTB, you better not rip another plot device from the Hercules and Xena universe!

esoap524
March 18th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Adria will be a teen when we first see her. But who is to say that she'll grow up to be in her 20s ..... OR.... how about this possibility?

TPTB rips another one off of Xena:Warrior Princess... and Adria grows up to look just like Vala. Much like how Hope looked exactly like Gabrielle. So you'll have Claudia Black playing dual roles of Vala and Adria. LOL!

However, it'd be interesting for CB to play a darker character. One thats serious and quite... evil. A complete opposite to the Vala character.

Dang, TPTB, you better not rip another plot device from the Hercules and Xena universe!

well, if anyone can carry off a dual role, it'd be Claudia Black ;)

but I really doubt the Adria/Valencia thing is gonna get much play. I think Valencia is Mitchell's loyal vassal Patsy.

the fifth man
March 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
well, if anyone can carry off a dual role, it'd be Claudia Black ;)

I totally agree. She could definitely tackle that challenge. And personally, it would be kind of interesting to see.:)

esoap524
March 19th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I totally agree. She could definitely tackle that challenge. And personally, it would be kind of interesting to see.:)

Hmm, I wonder when we'll get the "all Claudia all the time" channel ;) LOL!

Formerhost
March 19th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Hmm, I wonder when we'll get the "all Claudia all the time" channel ;) LOL!

I'd definitely subscribe to it :D

Platschu
March 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I hope Shifu will return or at least they will speak about the Harsiesis. Are they a type of Ancients?

Amanda Eros
March 20th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I hope Shifu will return or at least they will speak about the Harsiesis. Are they a type of Ancients?

I don't think that a Harsiesis in general are a type of Ancient. They are more or less humans that have parents that have gao'uld's in them. They have all the memories of their parents without having a parasite in their brains.

Though Shifu was aged rapidly by Oma, and has assended. If he lives with the Ancients or not, that's another story. I'm surpised that when Daniel was ascended that he didn't interact with him at all. No one really knows what happened to him after his last appearance, espeically now that Oma is forever fighting Anubis.

On another note, I sincerely doubt that they will ever bring his character back. Mainly because he was created during the good old Showtime days.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 21st, 2006, 07:05 PM
what about skara or shaur'e's father, i mean, come on they got the ancient knolwge they know we're screwed, the others dont wanna have us worship the ori so if they interfere it wont be that bad, and they love us. i think it would be hilarious to see skara and kasuf correcting sam and dr lee

JanusAncient
March 22nd, 2006, 01:34 AM
It would be a massacre, Adria vs. Valencia, we know that she will heal Vala, not completely, when Vala jumps in front of a blast meant for Daniel, so if she has one, it's more than likely she has more abilities.. What I would like to see, has to be the return of Merlin, out of nowhere Merlin comes to deliver the San Gral.

prion
March 22nd, 2006, 03:44 AM

Well, hate to say it, but I bet you'll be right. All casting material says "beautiful" when it comes to women so all they want are gorgeous (although I think they went terribly wrong with Tok'ra Barbie). Yeah, probably a blonde too....

Formerhost
March 22nd, 2006, 04:17 AM
Well, hate to say it, but I bet you'll be right. All casting material says "beautiful" when it comes to women so all they want are gorgeous (although I think they went terribly wrong with Tok'ra Barbie). Yeah, probably a blonde too....

Vala has dark hair, so I suppose Adria is going to be darkhaired too... :)

phimuajedi69
March 22nd, 2006, 11:16 AM
If you check out this article it looks like we'll be seing a few different ages for adria.

The character, who has not yet been cast, will show up in the 10th season's premiere episode, "Flesh and Blood," which airs in July. Wright said that she first appears "as a young girl, or various stages of a young girl, if that's not telling too much. And then, of course, we'll see her as a full-grown ... woman later on."

Article (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=35064) Brad Wright on Season 10.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 22nd, 2006, 03:27 PM
Vala has dark hair, so I suppose Adria is going to be darkhaired too... :)

has to the gene for hair color has dark hair as dominant. the lightest hair i would say would be a brunett

Adria
July 23rd, 2006, 05:12 AM
i believe who ever this Valencia is would die rather quickly ;)

2ndgenerationalteran
July 24th, 2006, 12:33 AM
valencia is the chick from camelot, the one who pulled the sword from the stone, she is rather hot so i perfer not having her die ;)

hokusman
July 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM
She was pretty cute, actually. And I have too much free time...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/2078.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/1709.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/1445.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/1435.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/1404.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/1135.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/0961.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/0839.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/0833.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/hokusman/0509.jpg