This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ancients need people to get power?

I am well confused now... i read in a post that it is in fact the ancients who need people to worship them... when in sg1 it has been told that its the ori? what is going on?

can someone explain to me who is the bad guy then?

the best team ever

So far, what we've been told is that the Ori need people to worship them to
    Spoiler:
    gain power to kill the Ascended Alterans off because the are "evil" for not sharing the wisdom of ascension. But, in an upcoming ep. Vala's miracle child, who turns out to be an Ori Oracle (like an Ori Harcesis child with the knowhow of the Ori) says to Vala & D.Jackson that it is infact the Ascended Alterans that are evil & corrupt & the Ori are trying to "save us." This maybe a lie to confuse us long enough to let the Ori get a foothold in our Galaxy & destroy the Ascended Alterans,
    but that's all we know so far, we'll have to find out what happens in Seasn 10 for more details...
    Last edited by The Prophet; 16 March 2006, 10:32 AM.

Comment

i think its lame and a weakness that the ori need followers, because they will lose their power as soon as people stop praying to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Thor of The Asgard
        i think its lame and a weakness that the ori need followers, because they will lose their power as soon as people stop praying to them...
        Heck, every enemy needs a weakness, or we'd get some sort of unstopable army that would destroy everything; Hey... Wasn't that the replicators? And, it's going to be SUPER hard to get all the Ori crazed Zealots in an entire galaxy, that is possibly further away than we've ever been with extremly destructive & powerful Ori-toilet ships flying around like who knows what, to stop believing in the Ori! We might aswell walk into a Borg Subspace hub & tell them to stop assimilating! (if you get Star Trek).

Comment

They don't technically need followers, they are Ascended just like the Ancents, the fact that they cannot come into this galaxy must mean that the Ancients are currently more powerful. Thus, by getting more followers, it allows them to become more powerful. When they have enough, they simply can then challenge the Ancients in a fight.

So it's not a weakness, it's simply a way for them to get stronger themselves. Which I don't think they'd bother, except that they need them to take on the Alterrans.

Comment

I think the ori never fully acended. Remember the black cloud in atlantis? Its a semi acended creature living of energy which the anceint's studied.
            What if the ori did't fully acend either like that creature and insteed of feeding of raw energy feeds of human energy? Like when they pray or something maby when they die.

And the anceints can't be the bad guys because they don't have anyone that pray for them or anything like that and Oma DID help daniel acend meaning that they arn't bad they even gave him a second chanse.

Maby thats why the ori hates the anceint's? The anceints went the way of technology and still came out on top in spirituality when they Fully acended and the ori failed and are pissed off when the anceint's won't tell them how to fully ancend.
            Maby the fire of enlightment isen't actual fire but the ori's? (Like the shadow actualy being a being)

Gifts
            -X-
            --------------
            Click Me And Win A Pie!

Comment

Bear in mind almost everyone weve seen in the pegasus galaxy worships the Ancients. No faith is more fanatical and devoted than when youre in an unworkable situation. Something like.... i dunno... being fed on for 10,000 years. The ancients are prolly getting quite a buzz of Pegasus

Comment

I haven't seen any worshiping from the people in the pegasus galaxy so far in on my veiwing . Ive seen praising, But thats hardly close to what the people who worship the ori do I mean 6 hours of praying is not close to "Praise the ancestors. Yes they rock. Agreed!"

And besides the pegasus galaxy is small and with few people because of the wraith

Gifts
                -X-
                --------------
                Click Me And Win A Pie!

Comment

The Athosians have prayed to the ancients several times on screen.

Examples are: Hide and Seek where big forehead guy prays to the ancients for his kids saftey over the intercom. The kids in Childhoods End worshiped the ancients as well. As did The Brotherhood monks, and obviously Athars people. The people of ephipany worshiped the ancients... but in a buddist kind of way. The people in The Tower also mentioned worshiping the ancestors.

The Pegasus galaxy is rife with Ancient worshipers!

And theyre sucking in all that worship whether they asked for it or not. And god knows how many other galaxies they seeded along the way. They could all be worshiping them too!

Comment

So your saying that a REALLY few anceints who acended rival the power of the ori, When the ori have an entire "Big" galaxy with 6 hour worshipers and priors when the anceints only have a semi dead galaxy with wraiths running around everywhere?

How does that work really? WHat are the anceints just alot better than the ori in transforming prays into "food"?

Gifts
                    -X-
                    --------------
                    Click Me And Win A Pie!

Comment

I believe the Ancients the Ori and Anubis are on different planes of existance. Theyve said before that there are many planes and anubis was forced down into one lower. He appears different than Alterrans in his energy form, as do the Ori. And we know the Alterran acendants are the most powerful then the ori.
                      S
                      P
                      O
                      I
                      L
                      E
                      R
                      Why would merlin make a weapon that would kill all of his people along with the Ori? They must inhabit their own particular Subspace or SupraSpace if you want to call it that.

Comment

I don't view it as a weakness, as they seem to have millions of "believers"......and as religion has been the opium of the masses, in one form or another, since the dawn of mankind, I don't see the Ori losing their power base anytime soon. If the Ori are to be defeated, it will have to come from another direction and not from the loss of their followers.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Why do you all think the Orii are on a different plain than the ancients? Plus the Ancients dont take the energy from the people whom pray to them in the Pegasis galaxcy. It is one of their highest rules not to sap that energy even if it is available as they dont see it as the next step to further enlightenment and they see it as been completly wrong.

Due to the Oriis belief system they are unable to reach a higher plain of existance than the one they and the ancients are currently living without sapping peoples energy. I believe at this point they are currently slightly more powerful that the ancients, but not enough to make a difference in a battle with them. This is why they dont help people accend because they need ever once of energy to become more powerful and reach they goal of destroying the ancients. From what Orlin said he believed that if our galaxcy fell to the Orii they may have enough power to come out on top in a battle with the ancients.

The way I see the series ending is the Ancients acend to an even higher level and the relm that the Orii and the ancients used to share would be flooded with the cancelling energy created by merlins device. thus the end of the Orii and we live happly ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            I don't view it as a weakness, as they seem to have millions of "believers"......and as religion has been the opium of the masses, in one form or another, since the dawn of mankind, I don't see the Ori losing their power base anytime soon. If the Ori are to be defeated, it will have to come from another direction and not from the loss of their followers.
                            I totally agree. They would simply continue converting more followers to Origin. IMO, the Ancients are going to have to ultimately take a stand against the Ori. Unless, of course, we
                            Spoiler:
                            actually find the Holy Grail. And it works like it is supposed to.
                            Personally, I feel the first scenario is more likely.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maby it has to do with their color?(Kinda stupid I know but It might symbolise streaght)

The Being In atlantis = Black (Low on the enlightment scale) 20%
                              Ori's = Red/White (Higher up on the enlightment scale) 65%
                              Anceints = White (Almost at the top) 80%
                              Pie = (At the Top) 100%

Gifts
                              -X-
                              --------------
                              Click Me And Win A Pie!

Comment

Working...
                              X