This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate:Atlantis Ending Credits

I wasn't paying that much attention when "Rising" aired and I totally missed it with "Hide and Seek", but can anyone tell me about the ending production company credit?

I know it said it was a Cooper/Wright production (whereas SG-1 is Glassner/Wright) and I saw a shark riding a bicycle and then something falls on it.

Can anyone enlighten me further on the details?

I have a feeling this is a jab at "Jumping the Shark".
    Last edited by keshou; 24 July 2004, 05:09 PM.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

ACME
    SHARK

COOPER / WRIGHT

...is what it looked like.
    Last edited by Ugly Pig; 24 July 2004, 05:01 PM. Reason: Minor touch-up
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
      ACME
      SHARK

COOPER / WRIGHT

...is what it looked like.

Okay, but was the shark about to jump over something? Was it indeed riding a bicycle? What fell on it?

I only saw it once, very briefly, and don't have it taped.

Comment

A shark on a bicycle rides from the left of the screen, towards an old style typewriter in the middle. The typewriter is on a small rock surrounded by water. As it's about to jump over the typewriter, an anvil drops on the whole thing and squashes everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RunOrDie
          A shark on a bicycle rides from the left of the screen, towards an old style typewriter in the middle. The typewriter is on a small rock surrounded by water. As it's about to jump over the typewriter, an anvil drops on the whole thing and squashes everything.

Ha! Thank you.

A typewriter, huh? Yeah, I'd say they're making a preemptive strike against any shark that's circling.

Sometimes I get the feeling TPTB read these boards *way* more than they'll admit to...

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
            A typewriter, huh? Yeah, I'd say they're making a preemptive strike against any shark that's circling.
            I wonder if this logo of theirs is more intended as a constant reminder for them as writers (represented by the typewriter) to never "jump the shark" with the new series. Hence, having the reverse of the shark jumping over the typewriter.

SG-1 jumped the shark when...
            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I noticed the end credits last week and thought that was pretty cute. I hope it is a jab at "jumping the shark"...very clever. The anvil reminded me of Road Runner.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                The anvil reminded me of Road Runner.
                Complete with 'Acme' written on it!
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Meep-meep!

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Meep-meep indeed !
                    At least they seem to have a good sense of humour ........Jumping the Shark was/is a GW Thread,but there's an actual Site you can visit too on the net.
                    That's where they may have taken the reference from !
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      Meep-meep indeed !
                      At least they seem to have a good sense of humour ........Jumping the Shark was/is a GW Thread,but there's an actual Site you can visit too on the net.
                      That's where they may have taken the reference from !
                      Oh I know there's an actual site and I would guess *all* TV producers know about the reference at this point. It's just that the whole "jumping the shark" thread was pretty active on the GW boards during season 7 (about the time they were probably getting their production company for Atlantis up and running) so maybe there was a little inspiration there.

I think it's pretty clever and I love the Acme/Roadrunner nod. And if the logo is a constant reminder to avoid jumping sharks....all the better.

Comment

So what does "Jumping the Shark" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                          So what does "Jumping the Shark" mean?

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

"It's a moment. A defining moment when you know that your favorite television program has reached its peak. That instant that you know from now on....it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it jumping the shark. "

This website has a whole list of shows and various opinions on when a show "jumped the shark" or whether it ever "jumped the shark".

The original "jumping the shark" moment was from a scene in "Happy Days" when Fonzie jumped over a shark on his motorcycle. That was deemed the moment when Happy Days peaked from the Fonzie craze and it was all downhill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                            The original "jumping the shark" moment was from a scene in "Happy Days" when Fonzie jumped over a shark on his motorcycle. That was deemed the moment when Happy Days peaked from the Fonzie craze and it was all downhill from there.
                            FYI. Fonz did not jump over a shark with his motorcycle. He did it on waterskis. I never saw it, but just from the description it sounds baaaaaaaaaad.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                              FYI. Fonz did not jump over a shark with his motorcycle. He did it on waterskis. I never saw it, but just from the description it sounds baaaaaaaaaad.
                              Oh you're right, thanks, I think it *was* waterskis!! I'd quit watching "Happy Days" at that point so I missed the big event. I do recall him jumping over stuff with his motorcycle as well... *Sigh* That was a really cute show before "the Fonz" became such a cliche.

Comment

Working...
                              X