PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thought the Hive Queen in "Allies" was hot?

j619pinoy
March 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Dude, they totally tried to make the wraith Hive Queen look hot...and...they did a pretty good job! I'd tap it...but she will probably eat me afterwards...(Black Widow anyone?)

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/graphics/220.jpg

The 'Hive Queen' was played by Andee Frizzell.

http://www.mrskin.com/data/star/00/60/23/biopic2_18411.jpg

She's the blonde on the left.

gatelover12
March 10th, 2006, 11:58 PM
I donno, I like the classic, green skin red hair myself, and of course wraith Teyla.

Oulak
March 11th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Damn some guys really have issues.

vaberella
March 11th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I donno, I like the classic, green skin red hair myself, and of course wraith Teyla.

Oh no he didn't...hahahah!!!

I made these Wraith Teyla cards for you GL12:
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7449/wraithteyla3ij.gif http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/9981/wteyla3de.gif

But on anothe note..I was checking her out..I thought she looked a lot like Darryl Hannah with a lot of make up. And I loved her hair....she was pretty cool character..was it the same woman who played the Queen in Rising? They sure looked very similar.

Was she the best? No one beats Wraith Teyla that was just plain crazy. But she's definitely right after WT and before Red head..personally for me. And I digged her gear.

VB

mentalmichael
March 11th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Dude. What. The. ****.

Hyperspace
March 11th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Did you guys like the Borg Queen better?

Scyld
March 11th, 2006, 02:35 AM
To paraphrase Roger Ebert, that hive queen looks like no notion of sexy that I've ever seen (but inspires me to keep an open mind).

walterIsTheMan
March 11th, 2006, 02:59 AM
I thought she was ok, but personally I think Aayla Secura from Star Wars is the hottest alien chick:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aaylasecura/img/movie2_bg.jpg

EDIT - Since several other aliens have been brought up I've made a separate thread in the General SciFi forum if anyone's interested. There you can post which alien you think is the hottest.;)

Peoples_General
March 11th, 2006, 03:16 AM
When you say Alien, as in non-human right? Cuz Jaffa women, Ancient/Alterran/Ori women are aliens too. Not to mention the non-Earth humans we encounter... like Teyla.

travis
March 11th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Did you guys like the Borg Queen better?
I do like the Borg Queen, but I would'nt say better as she's unique in her way. As for the Wraith Queen I really dig her style. (She'll be front cover material if the Wraith had a Wraith version of Vouge magazine and dressed either by J.P.Gultier or Alexander McQueen) I really do love how each Queen and Keeper are portrayed differently, as it gives them a sense of individuality.

She has style
She has class
She'll suck your life force out real fasst
(yes it's lame, I could'nt help myself)

edain
March 11th, 2006, 04:12 AM
The best lookin' girl they've had on their was that ascended girl that protected the planet from the wraith. Hands down no contest.

Ouroboros
March 11th, 2006, 04:25 AM
It's been the same actress since the begining apparrently and once you see how hot she is you'll start to see hotness in the Wraith queens to.

That's how I got infected.:(

{Mod Snip}
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/ColdBlueLight/andeefrizzell2.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/ColdBlueLight/andeefrizzel.jpg

So who's down with helping me mug Beckett in the parking lot for some of that retrovirus?

vaberella
March 11th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Oh my gosh...so when people said they saw Shep flirting with the Hive Queen..I guess they had reason. She's gorgeous...ugh...why can't I be that pretty...Wow--without the makeup! With the make up I win hands down.

Pharaoh Atem
March 11th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Damn some guys really have issues.
LOL i'm male and i agree with you i don't see what is so great about a wraith

HirogenGater
March 11th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Her skin seemed more human toned than Wraith. That was weird.

Mainer82
March 11th, 2006, 10:45 AM
She was an attractive wraith, I'm not sure about her dominating attitude though.

Lida
March 11th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Personally, I was very disappointed in the Hive Queen's appearance. Her skin color was too "human" in tone and her hair? Sorry, but I prefer the red over streaked silver, but I guess that's just a personal preference. As for being hot......I'm not male, but my hubby wasn't impressed. He did like the red head thought.;)

gatelover12
March 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Personally, I was very disappointed in the Hive Queen's appearance. Her skin color was too "human" in tone and her hair? Sorry, but I prefer the red over streaked silver, but I guess that's just a personal preference. As for being hot......I'm not male, but my hubby wasn't impressed. He did like the red head thought.;)
*hugs Lida* THANK YOU!

Vegeta
March 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Oh my gosh...so when people said they saw Shep flirting with the Hive Queen..I guess they had reason. She's gorgeous...ugh...why can't I be that pretty...Wow--without the makeup! With the make up I win hands down.

I saw the Allies episode but I don't remember sheppard flirting with the Hive Queen, unless I missed something. I also think that she was hot as well, though I do like the first female wraith we see in the 2 parter episode Rising 1 & 2.

McSwift
March 11th, 2006, 03:57 PM

Well, Since McKay is into, hot Wraith chicks, i'm sure he wouldn't mind getting some of her. Hahahah. I'd bone this wraith chick before she sucks the life outta me :D

Wraith_Hunter
March 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM
When in Rome! :cameron:

Andrew Joshua Talon
March 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM
... You're kidding, right?

A Wraith, hot? HELLO?! Entirely different species! How the hell can you find that thing attractive?

THe actress: Hell yeah! THe character: No way!

Bragi
March 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I thought she was ok, but personally I think Aayla Secura from Star Wars is the hottest alien chick:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aaylasecura/img/movie2_bg.jpg

EDIT - Since several other aliens have been brought up I've made a separate thread in the General SciFi forum if anyone's interested. There you can post which alien you think is the hottest.;)

Too bad she got wtfpwnzer'd by those Clones.

As for Queeny...... bit of a butterface. Without the makeup too.

aliensrmad
March 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM
I was watching the episode and i thought the same thing.........she is kinda hot ;)

Ascended Times.2
March 13th, 2006, 03:37 AM
*shrugs* I thought she was the most attractive of the female Wraith, however. I wouldn't go as so far as to say she was "hot"

Edit: Apologise on such a short post.

Jonzey
March 13th, 2006, 06:43 AM
She looked human in the first shot of them walking in. I was all WTF?!

But then we see she's a wraith and I was all 'oh man!'

And there are a lot many more hot human-style women in Atlantis:
Teyla
Chaya
Kate Heitmeier
That one from Inferno
Cadman
Dr Weir
and many more.

But, of course, Hermiod blows them all out of the water ;)

Nintendos-neutrinos
March 13th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I dunno if you would call a white-haired, hissing, voice-flanged, soul-sucking Hive keeper hot :P

silverdamascus
March 14th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Heheheh hot? Not quite how I'd put it lol.

Though I will admitt, it is clear that with the female wraith, right from the beginning they've tried to give a very chilling sexual presence to. Which isn't surprising really, they are in a sense hyped-up space vampires and vampires have always had an intensely sexual presence.

So hot? No. Cool, creepy and sensual? They're clearly trying for it.

P.S. I think the more human skin tone kinda detracted from that but being female and straight, you guys may be a better judge.

prion
March 14th, 2006, 08:35 AM
So hot? No. Cool, creepy and sensual? They're clearly trying for it.

P.S. I think the more human skin tone kinda detracted from that but being female and straight, you guys may be a better judge.

Yeah, I agree on both counts. I don't see the Wraith ladies as hot (nor do I see the wraith guys as hot - sorry, but the animated corpse look is just so unappealing...). I'm curious as to why they went with *gasp* human fleshtone on the lady wraith in "Allies." Every wraith we've seen looks anemic to the nth degree, but she looked human.

And I think she's the first wraith to wear high heels. When they first showed her walking in, just a view of the legs, all I could think of "is this wraith gonna be a David Bowie clone or what?" I'd honestly thought it was a guy at first as well, it was a very rock star outfit...

Ses
March 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I don't see the Wraith ladies as hot (nor do I see the wraith guys as hot - sorry, but the animated corpse look is just so unappealing...)

yet the All Wraith Thunk Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11906) has over 6000 posts :p

donniepw
March 14th, 2006, 11:26 AM
yeah the wraith queen was hot. So was the one from the Rising.

Ouroboros
March 14th, 2006, 06:57 PM

I'd agree with that and I'm a guy.

The blue one from rising and the really pale white one from hive had that sort of weird alien sensuality to them, the rising one more so. The one in Allies just looked like a human woman with a messed up face to me and never really came across as overly sensual either. The cloths also looked too humanish and familiar for an alien as well.

I hope this "domestication" of the Wraith doesn't continue. I've noticed that as time has went on they've dropped some of the more alien features fromt he queens like the really pronounced fangs, the viciously clawed hands and the odd skin/hair tones. I'd hate to think they're doing it in an effort to actually make the Wraith women "hotter" to the average male viewer. If they end up hot when the day is done it shouldn't be something that comes at the cost of proper alieness.

The Rising Keeper struck the perfect balence for me. In some scenes she seemed almost alluring and beautiful but then the lighting or angle would change and you'd notice things like the fangs when she smiled or the talons that gave subtle and sinister hints to a more vicious nature, even before she got angry.

That's the way a Wraith queen should be. It shows off the duality of their human/insect origens. They shouldn't be full stop beautiful and they shouldn't be full stop hideous either, they should hover right in that narrow squirmy discomfort zone in between.

KRiZ
March 15th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I dunno if you would call a white-haired, hissing, voice-flanged, soul-sucking Hive keeper hot :P

So you've met my ex then...?

But the wraith females do have that "something" to them, they're alluring in some way, maybe its just because i like powerful women... :D

silverdamascus
March 15th, 2006, 04:50 AM
The Rising Keeper struck the perfect balence for me. In some scenes she seemed almost alluring and beautiful but then the lighting or angle would change and you'd notice things like the fangs when she smiled or the talons that gave subtle and sinister hints to a more vicious nature, even before she got angry.

That's the way a Wraith queen should be. It shows off the duality of their human/insect origens. They shouldn't be full stop beautiful and they shouldn't be full stop hideous either, they should hover right in that narrow squirmy discomfort zone in between.

I completley agree with you on that one.

The sensuality to the Wraith Queens are very sinister, part of their appeal lies, and should firmly stay in that "narrow squirmy discomfort zone" in what we feel for and towards them. As soon as you start detracting the alien essence by fleshing up the skin tone you loose some of the ambiguity.

The lighting, the atmosphere and the context should be what should be allowed to humanise or alien-up the wraith, not messing about with skin colours.

In a sense the Wraith Queen from Rising is the perfect balance because they used those tricks to keep the viewer so off-balance.

And to put it plainly, it looks less cool. :cool:

prion
March 15th, 2006, 08:16 AM
yeah the wraith queen was hot. So was the one from the Rising.

Same actress ;)

lexa
March 15th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I thought she was hot, purposely hot (what are TPTB thinking?). Then I saw her teeth and they looked decayed. Was that just my TV because I thought Wraith had silvery teeth, but intact ones? Although it makes sense that they'd have little decayed stumps of teeth since they don't eat and why brush if there's no food caught in there, right? ;)

AcuraTL
March 15th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Should of just gone for the micheal jackson look

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 15th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I must also admit that she looked quite different from what i expected though did not feel any dissappointment over the issue. I did find her having a nice different character from the other queen so thats kind of ok. This one seemed a bit....classy? posh like? aristocratic? I mean she tended to speak in a low calm tone most of the time and i think the white clothes just gave off that impression.

rarocks24
March 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM
she played ALL THE QUEENS!

Lord Shiva
March 15th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Hey, I stated a long time back I'd do a Cardassian woman and I think they're hot. So I think I'd definetely give a Wraith chick a whirl :P

Stuey1221
March 16th, 2006, 03:43 AM
I reckon she looks more like Pete Burns!

Lokii
March 16th, 2006, 05:05 AM
I guess if you are into the goth thing you could say she's hot.

DENIZEN_OF_NE'TU
March 16th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Do a Wraith Queen? ... hmm yeah probably, esspecially if I'd been down the pub. Although I'd be uncomfortable with where she might be putting those life sucking hands of hers. :eek:

dude22
March 16th, 2006, 11:14 AM
its threads like this that scare me. A LOT

silverdamascus
March 17th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Hehe dude, I think the whole wraith sexy idea is meant to be.