X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Penegal the Asgard?

First episode of Eighth season.

Two more Asgards with names were revealed other than Thor, Freyr, Heimdalr, and Loki.

Aegir and Penegal were introduced. I checked the Norse myth on internet and Aegir and other four Asgards exists, but I would not find any information about Penegal?

Is Penegal a new character that was never involved in Norse myth, or he was a minor character?

Maybe you're not spelling it right?

Comment

Well, there are only so many mythological figures . . . I mean, not *every single* Asgard would've visited Earth and gotten a reputation . . . I'd say there's probably a bunch of the little guys who don't have any ties to norse mythology.

Comment

Maybe Penegal never came to earth... he may have been assigned to protect another planet.

Comment

Penegal is the leader of the high council, he did appeared in fifth season, I used to think he could be Odin because he had a eye-alike necklace but his name was not revealed until first episode of season eight, I was wrong, it was not Odin after all. Would we ever get to see Odin?

Comment

I am searching for Penagal, too. Spelling does not make a difference, I was not able to find: Penagal, Penegal, Panagal, Penagail, Penagall, etc.
            www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

I searched too, the P section is oddly empty:

http://www.wildwoodforeststudios.com/rob/dict.htm

On pages like that, I was scratching my head. Maybe these new Asgard were named after NEW mythologies created on other worlds they also protect? Likewise, the planet name of Orilla (Auryla? How's that even spelled?) doesn't seem to be based on Norse mythology.

I look at it this way: they're just young'uns
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

The Asgard posed as Norse gods when visiting 'primitive' planets. Maybe Penegal never did :unsure:
                Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

Originally posted by mysternut
                  Aegir and Penegal were introduced. I checked the Norse myth on internet and Aegir and other four Asgards exists, but I would not find any information about Penegal?

Is Penegal a new character that was never involved in Norse myth, or he was a minor character?
                  Uhh. Hm. No, Penegal is definetely not in norse mythology. I have a site with all the norse gods if anyone wants.

Aegir or Aesir? Aesir is a classification of norse god. The other being Vanir.

Comment

I looked at numerous Norse databases... look at the P section, blanks!

So there is more to the Asgard than just Norse, that's my line of belief.

Maybe he had to stay home and take care of the new clones and was just a "young trainee" then.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Aegir. A Norse sea-god.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                        I searched too, the P section is oddly empty:

http://www.wildwoodforeststudios.com/rob/dict.htm

On pages like that, I was scratching my head. Maybe these new Asgard were named after NEW mythologies created on other worlds they also protect? Likewise, the planet name of Orilla (Auryla? How's that even spelled?) doesn't seem to be based on Norse mythology.

I look at it this way: they're just young'uns
                        Well, the Goa'uld named themselves after gods they encountered. But the Asgard weren't really in the "god" business in the same way. I mean, they didn't tell people they weren't, but they didn't do much to set themselves up that way, either, and fully intend to tell their "worshippers" the truth once they get out of the early iron age. So I always assumed that they just used their real names.

Besides, snake vocal chords are _extremely_ different than human ones; the chances of a human vocal apparatus being able to pronounce a symbiote's name are extremely small, and vice versa. They _had_ to take on new names to deal with humans. The Asgard and human vocal chords aren't really that different, at least in effect, when you get right down to it. So they would have no problems using their own names.

BTW, one of my pet peeves with the Asgard is that Thor should be pronounced "Tor." Norse languages don't _have_ the "th" sound. Aargh.
                        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Haha... yeah, it's like even on places on Earth like you pointed out, pronunciations can't always be spelled out phonetically. Accents can be confusing, and one of the funniest gaffes I always see is how people try to pronounce the place in Thailand called "PHUKET". I wonder why they even spell it that way? Now would be a good time for those infamous "alien apostrophes".

Comment

Penegal is the leader of the high council, he did appeared in fifth season, I used to think he could be Odin because he had a eye-alike necklace but his name was not revealed until first episode of season eight, I was wrong, it was not Odin after all. Would we ever get to see Odin?
                            Well, two if not three of those guys had necklaces (Freyr was the fourth), maybe one was Penegal and one was Odin...

Comment

First episode of Eighth season.

Two more Asgards with names were revealed other than Thor, Freyr, Heimdalr, and Loki.

I refereced my Deities and Demigods handbook for D&D to look for a clue. Found nothing...sorry.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X