The Ori the solution to ZPM shortage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori the solution to ZPM shortage??

I hadn't thought of this until I heard them talk about the Ori being energy and being cancelled out by a different kind of energy, but what if we used it differently..

If we used an Ori, capture it somehow (like they did with the shadow creature, or in a dep. ZPM) and use the Ori Energy to power our ships (aka Atlantis).

Kind of like in that movie, Titan AE it was called I think....

Uh............. you can't really capture an ascended being, dude. Them existing in a parallel dimension and all.

Comment

Yea no offence mate but that is pretty rediculous.

Comment

Looking back on 9 Seasons of stargate, is it really?

I mean, they managed to capture an energy being in Atlantis. Technically, the Ascended are not that different, meaning that with the proper adjustments they should be capturable as well, and then possibly usable.
        Last edited by Sauron18; 11 March 2006, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Right ascended beings are a helluva lot smarter than that stupid shadow creature and would not fall for anything that dumb.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

i wonder what a 'mentally challenged' acended being would do???
            Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
            (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I dunno, they don't have to really fall into it as much as be driven (using merlin's contraption).

Yes they are ascended, but they aren't too many planes above, I mean, they still use stargates from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
                i wonder what a 'mentally challenged' acended being would do???
                We would take the body of a little boy, try to save people, and go nuts. Like Orlin

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                  Looking back on 9 Seasons of stargate, is it really?

I mean, they managed to capture an energy being in Atlantis. Technically, the Ascended are not that different, meaning that with the proper adjustments they should be capturable as well, and then possibly usable.
                  That energy being they captured on Atlantis existed on our plane of existence. He was from our dimension.

The Ancients, Ori, Oma..... Daniel.... they live in a seperate, parallel dimension. That's what all this "higher plane" business is. They can visit our plane anytime they want... and they can leave it anytime they want.

And don't forget that it was the Ancients that captured that energy being... the Ancients, okay? They were like..... really smart. Smarter than us. Just because the Ancients were able to do something, doesn't mean we can too.

Comment

We really have no idea what the Ascended being really are. If they are pure energy they should move at the speed of light, which they aren't Whether this means they slow down the speed of light around them, or that their "pure energy" isn't so pure or if they aren't pure "pure energy" we have no idea

Hence any speculation can never be proven until we actually see it on the show. Debating this is also difficult due to the billion uses 'subspace' has.

Comment

Well, my thing is, when they do "visit" or at least make themeselves visible, they interact quite completely, like Oma and Athar going through the stargate (as well as the monk I think), and the Ori as fire. They aren't just omnipotent energy flying in some far away dimension.

They are "here", but we don't see them, they are energy, in essence, which means it is, possible, to capture them. I'm not saying probable or easy, maybe not even achievable, but it is possible.

Comment

^^^^^^

That's why Orlin had to give up ascension to eat, and giggity with Carter then, right?

They aren't completely here. Even when they make themselves visible to us, or make it rain, or send out a big-ass lightning cloud to kill a buttload of Darts.

Comment

Well, another plane of existance isn't exactly another place, its still here, just a higher view. They are here in some way or another, just not the way we are here. But they are always here.

Comment

ford was like he struck by lightning when that thing ran him over, if they could capture it the same way the ancients did they could use it. in humane but its energy. plus it shows that ascending things arent as easy as anubis thought, the ancients couldnt get it right
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Anubis was able to use "force shields" to hold his "ascended" form together.

Not to mention if Merlins device was able to kill the Ori then it leads me to believe that you could create something from this dimension that affects those from another.
                              " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
                              - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

Working...
                              X