wraith face markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wraith face markings

i did a search for this but i still am not sure if there is already a post for this but does anyone know what those markings on wraith's faces are? does anyone know if they all have different ones and it depends on what queen they have like the jaffa do according to each gould they belong to?

Originally posted by enemy of your enemy
    i did a search for this but i still am not sure if there is already a post for this but does anyone know what those markings on wraith's faces are? does anyone know if they all have different ones and it depends on what queen they have like the jaffa do according to each gould they belong to?
    well not all wraith have the markings...but...I will certainly admit Michael's Queen looks funky...and a little hot. The markings sort of remind me of Jadzia and Ezri...
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
      well not all wraith have the markings...but...I will certainly admit Michael's Queen looks funky...and a little hot. The markings sort of remind me of Jadzia and Ezri...

so the queen is kina hot, cool
      Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
      (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
        She certainly is for a Wraith

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
          She's like the buffy vampire/milf kind of woman! I'm sure she looks much hotter as a real human than she does...

http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by enemy of your enemy
            It can't be assocated with a wraith's queen as within one hive ship wraith can have diff markings. Maybe it's up to each wraith which patterns he/she wants.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
              It can't be assocated with a wraith's queen as within one hive ship wraith can have diff markings. Maybe it's up to each wraith which patterns he/she wants.
              I was thinking the same thing since considering the Queens reaction in The Hive we can see that sometimes the Queens don't get along so perhaps they have markings to distinguish their warriors...though you would assume with telepathy they could determine this easily but it was the only thing i could think of.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                I was thinking the same thing since considering the Queens reaction in The Hive we can see that sometimes the Queens don't get along so perhaps they have markings to distinguish their warriors...
                I was thinking something similar. I think wraith are born/created already with the markings, kind of like the wraith equivalent of birthmarks.

Comment

Maybe it's just a fashion thing. The faced males have a range of different hair styles and their facial hair isn't identical either.
                  sigpic

Comment

^^That's what I thought, like tattoos or something like that.
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I think the tattoos are the Rank from a Wraith now. In season 1 only Bob wear a tattoo. But the face Wraiths are different....

Comment

I mentioned it in another thread as I didn't know there's already a thread on face markings...

Did you notice that the Wraith in Reunion (Archimedes) has very similar if not identical face tatoos as the one in Midway (Karl). They are both scientists and they are even played by the same actor so their facial features are quite similar. Both tatoos are on their right cheek but one of them has it more to the front.
                        Maybe the the markings really indicate what the Wraith are trained in? Or maybe these two are something like siblings/twins ?
                        Any other ideas?

Icarium

Comment

I have heard several different theories about the Wraith markings, rank, fashion statment, hive loyalty, etc.

I do like where Icarium is going with the thought about siblings. What if the markings are clans, 'families'?

We know very little about Wraith as far as 'family' is concerned. They might be born into a clan (not like those cloned warrior class but the others) with such and such a marking, but serve on different hives.

^_^
                          sigpic
                          Thanks for the sig idea Das!

Comment

Originally posted by Zanlee View Post
                            What if the markings are clans, 'families'?

We know very little about Wraith as far as 'family' is concerned. They might be born into a clan (not like those cloned warrior class but the others) with such and such a marking, but serve on different hives. ^_^
                            Not all faced males have a marking, though - eg. Steve and the ones in 'Rising', 'Condemned' and 'The Defiant One'. Then there's the females. The 'Allies' Queen has very elaborate markings (neck and upper chest) and the Queen in 'The Hive' has a small one on her right temple but the caretaker in 'Rising' and the 'Submersion' Queen have no markings. I don't think the 'Spoils Of War' Queen has a marking either.

All we really know about markings is that some faced males and females have them while others don't. If the markings identified which clan a Wraith belonged to wouldn't all Wraith have one?

PS: Why do a few Wraith wear brown instead of black? (Michael and the humanised Wraith in 'Allies', 'The Defiant One' Wraith and Bob.)
                            Last edited by ciannwn; 19 February 2008, 01:56 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              PS: Why do a few Wraith wear brown instead of black? (Michael and the humanised Wraith in 'Allies', 'The Defiant One' Wraith and Bob.)
                              probably on the surface level, just to tell them apart/give them variety. beyond that, it may have to do with status or age, etc. in the defiant one's case, I think it was because how long he was on that planet. he was alive during the war with the ancients (he thought it was still happening), and you have to guess that wraith "fashion" changes eventually... or, maybe he just found clothes along the way and improvised.
                              Last edited by naamiaiset; 19 February 2008, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X