Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis needs to Stop making "Deals" with other races.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis needs to Stop making "Deals" with other races.

*Spoilers*
    I don't understand why, "the Best and the brightest" of the Atlantis expedition, keep getting out maneuvered on ever Deal they make? Deals with the Wraith, deals with the Genii, and in Season 3 Deals with Asuras, all resulting in trouble for Atlantis. When are they going to get "street" smart and get ahead of these people. Aren't we dealing a set of Chess players thinking 4 moves ahead?

I'd actually love to know how many times in season 2 the word "Deal" was used.
    Last edited by The_Tsid.; 14 March 2006, 04:01 PM.

The reason why we get screwed over by the Genii and the Asurans is because they are bad, bad people. The Genii are selfish and sees that anything that goes wrong is in no way their fault.

They also think that everything in the world is rightfully theirs, which is why we got screwed over. We couldn't possibly have predicted it either.

The "deal" with the Wraith wasn't something we had a choice about. Either help them or get screwed.

The Asurans just lied to us. The Atlantis Expedition doesn't consist of mind readers.

Street smarts cannot predict the future or read minds.

Comment

12 times!!! LOL! but then again bro, alliance may be the only way to surive in pegusas.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
      pps = power per second
      The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
      xfire = zpm
      [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
      http://m2kclan.com
      vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
      port: 3785
      P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
      halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
      Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

we got the orion out of a "deal" , so thats kind of positive

Comment

The reason we can't make deals is due to the fact that the Lantiens royally screwed the Pegasis Galaxy up, then left it to be cleaned up by the next race to enter it, which turned out to be us. Hurray. . The Lantiens created the Wraith which made everyone suffer; created the Asurans, who hate everything due to their programming & they left every civilisation they created to live in peril & fear.

It's like the PG galaxy is a bad, dark alley, with the Wraith & Asurans being the street thugs & the Lantiens being the policemen who ran away when things got to hot. The thugs terrorize everybody making the dark alleyway a dog-eat-dog world. Either you find a way to get what you want (weapons in the case of the Genii) or you don't and are killed by the thugs. The only reason we are falling for the con-artist tricks of everybody is because we are trusting folk form the countryside (Milkyway). Anyway I hope you get my metaphor, if not, the reason for our faulty deals is due to magnets, big honking space magnets- Jack O'Neill, Season 1-8

Comment

It rough...
            I know they have to make deals, but at some point they have to start out thinking these guys.

In COUP D'ETAT, the Atlantis expedition was used like pawns, and they followed every bread crumb into Ladon Radium's plot.

Has the Atlantis expedition become so predictable that people like the Genii can know their moves?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
              ...The only reason we are falling for the con-artist tricks of everybody is because we are trusting folk form the countryside (Milkyway). Anyway I hope you get my metaphor, if not, the reason for our faulty deals is due to magnets, big honking space magnets- Jack O'Neill, Season 1-8
              LOL! So we need some Mafioso up there with them to help with the negitiations, some people with some edge to them and not too willing to enter a deal without a way out.

Comment

i agree with you m8... tbh they should go through every single bit of the Ancient data base and translate it into english and look for the "!GOOD!" ppl / races and go make deal's atm there lookin at the data base thinkin Oh here some advance cultchure let's go there and make a deal for some tech..

Get Dr.Jackson togo to atlantis and make a translator so we can read everything on the screen's in atlantis in english

Comment

dammit, its pointless to remain here get hermiod to do somthing so we can fit the whole data base... somewhere and get the hell out of there and help earth with the ori!!!!!!! we have the ori to deal with on earth so the atlantis expedition had to screw us up some more and send the wraith over to us!!!!!!!!!! i am so pissed right now

Comment

Originally posted by enemy of your enemy
                    dammit, its pointless to remain here get hermiod to do somthing so we can fit the whole data base... somewhere and get the hell out of there and help earth with the ori!!!!!!! we have the ori to deal with on earth so the atlantis expedition had to screw us up some more and send the wraith over to us!!!!!!!!!! i am so pissed right now
                    Even though I would like more crossovers between shows, I'm also mad about that screw up of the Atlantis Expedition, but maybe the Wraith will help with the Ori out who knows!!??

And also what makes you think the Ori wont come to the Pegasus Galaxy next??

Also....If someone can please tell me if the Wraith got the Gate address of Earth or the Galaxy and pin point location of Earth?... Some one had to talk to me, at the exact last sentence of the episode, and only got the word Earth from the Wraith!!! > I don't want to wait until 2am to see that only scene!
                    "I am Kal-El of Krypton, it is time to fulfill my destiny"

Comment

What the Atlantis team, whom I agree are making the moniker "best and brightest" look like it could apply to dairy cows, needs is to be more ruthless with people we KNOW are bad! It's the height of naivety to work with the wraith on any level. If our team was actually intelligent, they would have used the beam jamming "tests" as an excuse to beam a nuke strait into their ship. Use a coordinated attack to kill the wraith on Atlantis and voila - NO MORE THREAT. (the flip side of that is if the wraith are at all smart they'd have a ship monitoring from a distance to notify the others if Atlantis betrays them, but TPTB did create the wraith sufficiently stupid enough so we can defeat them every week...)

I'm just disgusted that our best and brightest can't come up with ONE clever plan! Not one! The bad guys get all the clever plans AND they get to enact them fully because our team is so incredibly moronic. We only win because of luck, or the magical beaming out, or some other contrived plot device. Atlantis expedition never wins because they out-thought the bad guys. (and I don't count McKay's way overused fix-it-in-the-very-last-minute as outthinking anyone, it's more akin to a deus ex machina)

Yeah... I didn't really realize how frustrated I've gotten with Atlantis's "We'll be as stupid as stupid can be!" Here's praying next season is better....

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                        The reason why we get screwed over by the Genii and the Asurans is because they are bad, bad people. The Genii are selfish and sees that anything that goes wrong is in no way their fault.

They also think that everything in the world is rightfully theirs, which is why we got screwed over. We couldn't possibly have predicted it either.

The "deal" with the Wraith wasn't something we had a choice about. Either help them or get screwed.

The Asurans just lied to us. The Atlantis Expedition doesn't consist of mind readers.

Street smarts cannot predict the future or read minds.
                        Ahh, where's Deanna Troi when you need her?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tsid.
                          I don't understand why, "the Best and the brightest" of the Atlantis expedition, keep getting out maneuvered on ever Deal they make? Deals with the Wraith, deals with the Genii, and in Season 3 Deals with Asuras, all resulting in trouble for Atlantis. When are they going to get "street" smart and get ahead of these people. Aren't we dealing a set of Chess players thinking 4 moves ahead?

I'd actually love to know how many times in season 2 the word "Deal" was used.
                          I couldn't agree more. This becomes even more of a problem when you consider that they KNOW these people are underhanded and have desires that run counter to theirs. How can they NOT expect to be doublecrossed? It boggles the mind and it makes it quite clear that as a civilian expedition it's a failure since clearly they are lacking in any kind of strategic thinking.

I am really sick to death of seeing it over and over again. Only a fool makes the same mistake twice. I'm usually generous and give them that second time but time no.3 is just begging for slap at the very least.

I've said it before but if the Wraith learn anything from their dealings with Atlantis it should be patience. They'll destroy themselves with no help from anyone else due to sheer stupidity.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

They can be niave, but they are still green, How many time did SG-1 goof
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

It might not be good that we have all of our smart invested in just one person, who sadly is one them canadians .

Though i guess the writers had these ideas of how stuff should be so they let people constantly make mistakes in both seasons, mistakes that you would make but the best in the world shouldn't.

Season Finales' pwn'd us this year.
                              IamdumbbutIwanttobespecial

Sorry for the sarcasm, I am prepared to be called immature, juvinile and retarted for what must seem like some idiots ramblings.

"Carter tried to seduce me."
                              "You poor man"

"No no no no, he just doesn't like going through the Stargate."
                              "He's worse than Dr. McCoy."
                              "Who?"
                              "The character that Dr. Beckett plays in real life."

Comment

Working...
                              X