This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation - Why the Ori want more power

so why do the ori want absolute devotion from their followers?
    Are they trying to reach a higher plane (higher then ascention) Trying to get to the plane of the 1 true creator and god? (if their is one is the sg universe) or is it merly wanting more power to wipe out their enemys. Maybe the ori are on the right path but going about it the wrong way

Well, the obvious reason is so they can control the galaxy, but you might have a point there. Maybe they need like a certain amount of followers to become more powerful.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Im trying to look from an ascended ori view, why do i need more power if im infinte with unlimited power. They must have their goals and motives (even before they new about the milky way galaxy) they were still wanting power. So what is the next evolutionary step from ascention if their is one?

Comment

I don't know, maybe a god among ascended beings?

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

For one, they don't have unlimited power, and are not infinite, otherwise they could've destroyed the universe a few times by now.

As for your question...hmm...to fight the Ancients?

Comment

I think they want to destroy the Ancients, well this is obvious, but I also believe it to be more than this, bigger than their ascended conflict with the Ancients, the Ori ascended because of their waring nature, perhaps like it was said, they do feel the only way to reach further ascension is to do what they're doing, I don't really know if the Ori are on the right are wrong, from an ascension point of view, is there really any such thing as good, or evil, Oma killed those Jaffa, and the other Ancients wiped out one planet that we know of, so on that I'm not certain.

Comment

The ori want more power to destroy the ancients and probably any other ascended being who may try to thwart any other goals or plans they may have? The ori and the Ancients appear to be in a sort of cold war. Neirther side want a war at this point because they don't know if they would win. you notice the Ori don't actually act, they send their human priors to do their dirty work for them. i am beginning to suspect that like the other ascended the ori are subject to certain rules concerning their level of interaction with the lower planes of existence. some rules they bend, others they break the same way Oma Desala did.
              Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                The ori want more power to destroy the ancients and probably any other ascended being who may try to thwart any other goals or plans they may have? The ori and the Ancients appear to be in a sort of cold war. Neirther side want a war at this point because they don't know if they would win. you notice the Ori don't actually act, they send their human priors to do their dirty work for them. i am beginning to suspect that like the other ascended the ori are subject to certain rules concerning their level of interaction with the lower planes of existence. some rules they bend, others they break the same way Oma Desala did.
                No. It's quite hard relying on regulating rules on ascended beings. The Alterans don't like interfering because they don't want to become corrupted with absolute power. But like Chaya and Oma and the Ancients that intervened on Orlin's world, they're more than capable of using their power on mortals. It's pretty hard to justify that there are rules all ascended follow when we don't really know what the rules are. The Ori don't seem to follow any rules and would probably use their own ascended powers on invading ships if they wanted to. And they definately seem to be interfering in the mortal plane by giving Ori technology to their followers. In my opinion, the rules for dealing with mortal planes are the rules the ascended make for themselves. Since the Ori don't have any rules that we know of, there are no absolute rules that regulate ascended behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by DestroyAscendedBeings
                  Are they trying to reach a higher plane (higher then ascention) Trying to get to the plane of the 1 true creator and god? (if their is one is the sg universe) or is it merly wanting more power to wipe out their enemys. Maybe the ori are on the right path but going about it the wrong way
                  Absolute devotion and blind faith to a religion that keeps its followers at a medieval state prevents its followers from progressing, from evolving sociality and biologically.

This way, no one will find science and ffigure out that the Priors are wrong and no one will ascend naturally.

Also, they need their worship to sap power from them in order to become stronger.

Comment

what i meant was that the Ori have not directly acted. They act through the Priors and their other human followers. they give knowledge and tech to the priors and they do the dirty work. they need more power to destroy the other ascended beings.
                    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                      what i meant was that the Ori have not directly acted. They act through the Priors and their other human followers. they give knowledge and tech to the priors and they do the dirty work. they need more power to destroy the other ascended beings.
                      My guess is that if they pissed off the Alterans enough, the Alterans could possibly cycle through turns going into a locked combat against the Ori. The Ancients do ascend some groups of people with the notable case being Oma, but perhaps others cases such as the group in Epiphany. But even if the Ancients are fewer in number, I doubt any of the Ori would like to be perpetually engaged in combat with the Ancients. I don't think any of the Ori are willing to make that sacrifice. It's also possible that since the Ancients are more scientific (I'm going to try not to reference Arthur's Mantle since the Ori don't know about it), the Ancients may have spent their time studying the ascended plane rather than being drunk with power and from the Ori's perspective, may have technology to counter their status as ascended beings. They're ultimately wary of engaging the Ancients directly because I don't think they can assess the threat situation.

Comment

Well, we already know they feed off the lifeforce/energy of those that worship them. They do this in order to gain power. The more power THEY have...the less power the Ancients have. I think it's sort of like a balance. When one side gains in power/followers...the otherside weakens. They want to completely destroy the Ancients (as for why...no idea YET) and then rule.
                        They probably are just on a power-trip...thinking themselves to really BE gods. (where as the old snakeheads didn't believe it themselves for the most part)
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I think that is a very smart idea!!! Makes absolute sense, I haven't really thought about it, but it was sitting in the back of my mind. It really doesn't make sense why they want total power, though it could just be like anything where people want absolute asurance that they will live, they love to control people, and the final reason they get something out of it, by what you have pointed out!
                          My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DestroyAscendedBeings
                            Well IMO they just want to finish what they started all those hundreds of thousands of years ago with the Ancients. We already know that they tried to wipe the Ancients out at least once. Althought it not explained exactly why, It is said that the Ori became very furvent in their beliefs and if they have this deep hatred of the Ancients this could be enough to get them to try and defeat them even after all these years. Now to do this they need to to sap energy from their followers (FourthHorseman part 2), and to make sure that they get their followers to give up this power I would have to assume that they would want absolute devotion just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                              Well IMO they just want to finish what they started all those hundreds of thousands of years ago with the Ancients. We already know that they tried to wipe the Ancients out at least once. Althought it not explained exactly why, It is said that the Ori became very furvent in their beliefs and if they have this deep hatred of the Ancients this could be enough to get them to try and defeat them even after all these years. Now to do this they need to to sap energy from their followers (FourthHorseman part 2), and to make sure that they get their followers to give up this power I would have to assume that they would want absolute devotion just to be on the safe side.
                              The biggest problem I see is that the writers aren't telling us what powers the Ori get when being worshipped. For all we know, they could be on a telepathic high and ascended Ori may not be thinking clearly when on this high. I just don't understand what edge the Ori get from having worshippers, unless they are just omnipotent druggies and just want more.

Comment

Working...
                              X