PDA

View Full Version : Other Ancient WarShip's

AtlantisForever
March 9th, 2006, 02:11 PM
there must be more Ancient WarShip's what were out there fighting the Wraith but had to Escape when they got a transmishion from the High Council to return to Atlantis so they can Evacuate. there must be more Ancient WarShip's In the hiding or in Hanger's like the Orion in Inferno

freyr's mother
March 9th, 2006, 02:28 PM
There probably are but TPTB arent going to give us another one for some time, if not; ever.

norbe
March 9th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Hmmn, possibly.

You have to remember that the ancients and the wraith were at war, and it stands to reason that most of the ancients ships would have been destroyed by the wraith in battles.

We have already seen two (Aroura and Orion). If the Ancients had more warships then they would have kept fighting the wraith rather than leaving Pegasus, IMO.

Both the Aurora and the Orion had been badly damaged in battle. The Aurora was left floating around in space with no life support or weapons, and the Orion had been parked in a hanger probably awaiting repairs when they left for Earth.

So im not expecting to see a fleet of ancient warships anytime soon, but i guess its up to tptb to decide.

NakedJehutyV2
March 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
when the story calls of more there will be more

Sauron18
March 9th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I think it would be pretty nice if we found a working Warship. It's possible that after a while they just hid their ships and left to Atlantis (by stargate or ride)

Blitz
March 10th, 2006, 06:59 AM
I dont think we'll find anymore Aurora class ships, but I think we'll find out about some huge bad ass destroyer the Atlantians were working on and had to leave...and we'll go find it, get it, use it for abit...then see it go boom.

Aither
March 10th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I do not think other Ancient ships are needed. They already have the best Ancient ship : Atlantis.
And I hope Atlantis will fly in "The Real World", when the Asurans come to destroy the city-mothership. (Spoiler for "Progeny" / "The Real World")

AtlantisForever
March 10th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I do not think other Ancient ships are needed. They already have the best Ancient ship : Atlantis.
And I hope Atlantis will fly in "The Real World", when the Asurans come to destroy the city-mothership. (Spoiler for "Progeny" / "The Real World")

would be cool but i thought the City cannot fly because of the power needed / the Hyperdrive / Engine's are flooded while the city has been sitting on the ocean floor for over 10 Thounsand year's

metroid
March 10th, 2006, 02:04 PM
what gives you the idea that the engines are flooded, hyperdrive is broken?

Atlantis was protected by a shield for that full 10.000 years it was on the ocean floor

AtlantisForever
March 10th, 2006, 02:08 PM
what gives you the idea that the engines are flooded, hyperdrive is broken?

Atlantis was protected by a shield for that full 10.000 years it was on the ocean floor

what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..

The Prophet
March 10th, 2006, 05:05 PM
There's a possibility that more Alteran waships could be found. Although, we've had quite a lot in the what? 40 episodes already.
-Atlantis
-Aurara
-The Tower (the rest was burried)
-The Hypopheralcus (the Orion:mckay: )
-And there's going to be the Asuran, Atlantis like ship (or possibly ships, plural!)

So thats 4 ships in 40 episodes meaning 1 per 10 episodes on average!
Plus with the Asuran ship/s it'd be more! Yay!

AtlantisForever
March 11th, 2006, 09:42 AM
There's a possibility that more Alteran waships could be found. Although, we've had quite a lot in the what? 40 episodes already.
-Atlantis
-Aurara
-The Tower (the rest was burried)
-The Hypopheralcus (the Orion:mckay: )
-And there's going to be the Asuran, Atlantis like ship (or possibly ships, plural!)

So thats 4 ships in 40 episodes meaning 1 per 10 episodes on average!
Plus with the Asuran ship/s it'd be more! Yay!

yes true m8 but would be awsome to find a Battle WarShip or a Destroyer WarShip

The Prophet
March 11th, 2006, 12:08 PM
... a Battle WarShip or a Destroyer WarShip
Is there a difference? My Warship knowledge is a little limited (in the relms of non-fiction). Is one stronger than the other or what?... I'm sorta confused when it comes to this...

Edit- thanks for clearing it up rarocks24, I'l give you some green.

rarocks24
March 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Is there a difference? My Warship knowledge is a little limited (in the relms of non-fiction). Is one stronger than the other or what?... I'm sorta confused when it comes to this...
A Battleship is quite large, a destroyer is small. A destroyer is also the gruntforce of any navy. Quick, efficient, it's why they've basically done away with Battleships in favor carriers.

metroid
March 12th, 2006, 03:02 AM
what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..

Let me put it this way, unless it was said in the show that the engines are flooded, they are not flooded.

Stuey1221
March 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM

In Grace Under Pressure, the cloak on the PJ wrapped around the 2 jumpers and went level with the sea floor so there was no water so maybe the shielf around atlantis did the same when it was down below.

Another slightly off topic, what is the spire that points down into the sea on the city? have a look next time you watch atlantis. its almost like a mirror reflection

Platschu
March 12th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I would like to see new ship, but I don't want the SG universe to be changed into an ST show. It seems so that the stargates are only a forgotten part of the set and they don't use it enough. :( I want more exploring without ships. :)

ideadman
March 12th, 2006, 07:39 PM

Quite simply because all of the ships are SPACEships they have to be completely air tight to avoid decompression in the vacuum of space. So to me that makes it quite unnecessary for them to shield the bottom of atlantis. When you have a ship here floating on top of water there is no reason to shield the bottom of it, the ships buoyancy (sp?) holds it above the water, just as I would imagine, Atlantis.

As for when it was on the bottom we don't even know how it was being held to the ocean floor so who knows, the shield itself could have had something to do with it.

x_sid
March 13th, 2006, 07:39 PM
My first thought on the matter is that we'll eventualy find an Ancient ship that is capable of hyperspace flight on a scale of the Asgard's ships in our good ol milky way galaxy. Since Atlantis was under siege it would have been nearly impossible to land a ship of any size on the Atlantis planet, so they may have just took the old fashioned route, and flew to Earth.

-PITBULL-
March 13th, 2006, 11:49 PM
I would like to see them find a hanger full of ships, and all kinds of ships . Find a planet where they where building the ships , couse we all know tthat they couldnt do it on ATLATIS ( it was a base not a ships post or building for constucting them) have them find like f5 or 6 fully built ships and a fleet of jumpers that they could use . maybe find it to the end of the season 3 .

deadman
March 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Maybe we can steal a Wraith Hive Ship!!!!

mckaychick
March 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Stealing a hive ship would be intersting.

Stuey1221
March 15th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Getting into it would be interesting! How would you go about that? they're f****** huge lol

deadman
March 15th, 2006, 02:38 AM
mabey they get a Wraith killing virus inside and have the asgard help in taking down the shields

Welsh_Guy
March 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
That would def be interesting but I thought the Wraith ships suffer from a Weak hyper drive plus they are about 10,000 years old in the series most of them hav'nt been properly repaired since the Ancients left.

RyantheGreat
March 15th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Getting a Wraith ship would be fascinating... maybe find one that's still in hybernation, or one where the Wraith abandoned ship for whatever reason...

Whatever the case, they wouldn't be able to keep it.

McSwift
March 15th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Well!

I hope that we find some sort of factory that was building an Aurora class battlecruiser but the ship is uncompleted. As in it doesn't have engines yet, but has shields and weapons.

Would be good enough since we already have a nice understanding on engines already.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 15th, 2006, 11:17 PM
the ancient couldnt have possibly taken all their ships back with them. they probably left some on planets without gates for safety reasons. but i dont understand how they would get the ppl on the carriers in space into atlantis in the water. so there should be a hangar of ancient ships in the MW. maybe will help with the ori

Merlin1701
March 16th, 2006, 12:22 AM
the ancients did leave some the fact of the Orion. If a ship had the weaker hyperdrive like the aurora it is logical thta the crew would have returned to Atlantis through a gate when the recall was given or landed the vessel, cloaked it and gated back to the milky way galaxy like stepping stones.

Hiding a ship under water, within a gas giant, nebula etc...

metroid
March 16th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Getting a Wraith ship would be fascinating... maybe find one that's still in hybernation, or one where the Wraith abandoned ship for whatever reason...

Whatever the case, they wouldn't be able to keep it.

All wraith were awaken when the queen was killed in rising so that is impossible.

And a hiveship that was abandoned was probably abandonded for a reason...

I think we shouldn't get more ancient ships because we are supposed to be a small force who in the end will beat the wraith with cool weapons we find :P
If we have a ship it establishes a more permanent power instead of a weapon we use once to kill all wraith (or something like that)

Merlin1701
March 16th, 2006, 12:26 AM
The idea about a writh hive ship that is still in slumber mode would be great. Maybe something went wrong when the call was given to awaken or the ships life support was knocked out killing the vessels crew.

Maybe something that should be developed?

Merlin1701
March 16th, 2006, 12:33 AM
We will need more vessel not only for the foe in the PG but also the Ori which "kicked our combined ass".
maybe the idea of a few ancient ships would tip the balance in our favour maybe the team could find a ship yard and use it to build really large new warships 2 or 3. blending the ideas of the asgard hyperdrive wings instead of vertical slide them in horizontal; looking more "air forcie" long nose to it.

crewing it would be humans and an asgard science team (3).

your thoughts....

pyrodude
March 16th, 2006, 03:56 AM
The idea of finding an Ancient ship yard sounds good but then earth ships would become redundant. Although finding a hangar with 4 or 5 warships and 20 puddle jumpers would be good. But we could never defeat the wraith with that but it would help. The ancients had a full fleet and got pushed out of the galaxy.

Lokii
March 16th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Remeber the Wraith beat the Atlantians by sheer numbers. They probably destroyed much of the Atlantians fleet. That being said I would not be surprised if the Atlantians hid some ships and resources that we have yet to find. That is the beauty of Sci-fi, need something cool, write it in to the show.

I don't think that the writers should go overboard with finding new ships, but rather focus on finding stashed resources and getting atlantis up to full capacity. They have been doing that slowly to date.

Mckays Cat
March 16th, 2006, 12:56 PM
I would like to see the ancient fighters or troop transports In before i sleep it shows an ancient transport returning through the wraith blockade. The wraith detect it and destroy it. Janus that ship contained over 300 people. This is clearly a large transport ship. I think in season 3 we should find one of them. Also pj don't seem like fighters in shape because how many air force fighters can fit 12ish people in the back. None. I think the orion should have a bay with fighters inside it.

pkrazor
March 17th, 2006, 01:03 AM
To find a factory or an a orion class warship would be great ,but if they find a factory , a can produce warships then I would prefer to combine that ancient's technology with earth's and asgard's technology, so then we could produce a Hybrid ship,

Ludofjn
March 18th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I would like to see them find a hanger full of ships, and all kinds of ships . Find a planet where they where building the ships , couse we all know tthat they couldnt do it on ATLATIS ( it was a base not a ships post or building for constucting them) have them find like f5 or 6 fully built ships and a fleet of jumpers that they could use . maybe find it to the end of the season 3 .
Dat would be gigity

Ludofjn
March 18th, 2006, 04:25 PM
The idea about a writh hive ship that is still in slumber mode would be great. Maybe something went wrong when the call was given to awaken or the ships life support was knocked out killing the vessels crew.

Maybe something that should be developed?
aswem epp plz let the powers that bee make this (WITH RDA)

jhkplaya888
March 21st, 2006, 10:31 AM
yah i laugh if we find a plantet with like 100 ancient war ships and like 50 laser thingys that would be so cool then we can pwn the ori
________________________________________________________________________________ ______
http://www.stargate-tech.net/pagepics/oneillsmall.jpg
http://www.stargate-tech.net/pagepics/aphosship.jpg
THE 2 BEST SHIPS IN STARGATE!!! GO ASGARD!!!:vortex04:

2ndgenerationalteran
March 21st, 2006, 06:47 PM
you know screw this hangar issue, i say they should find a yard where there is nothing but when they look deeper they find the first of what would have been a new line of ancient war ship, that is like 40% complete when they had the order to return to atlantis via stargate.

40% would give enough reason to evac and room for earth and asgard designs to affect it.

jenks
March 21st, 2006, 09:09 PM

Probably the same way it would be protected while it was in space.

AtlantisForever
March 22nd, 2006, 02:55 AM
you know screw this hangar issue, i say they should find a yard where there is nothing but when they look deeper they find the first of what would have been a new line of ancient war ship, that is like 40% complete when they had the order to return to atlantis via stargate.

40% would give enough reason to evac and room for earth and asgard designs to affect it.

yer that sounds awsome they should be bigger then the ORI WarShip's and more powerful and more powerfuller Sheild

Major_Griff
March 22nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
We deffinatly need to find some kind of ancient fighters. The Orion should have them since its a warship but it seems like they should have mentioned them by now if they were there. Atlantis could still have some thought!!