This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Ancient WarShip's

there must be more Ancient WarShip's what were out there fighting the Wraith but had to Escape when they got a transmishion from the High Council to return to Atlantis so they can Evacuate. there must be more Ancient WarShip's In the hiding or in Hanger's like the Orion in Inferno

There probably are but TPTB arent going to give us another one for some time, if not; ever.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Hmmn, possibly.

You have to remember that the ancients and the wraith were at war, and it stands to reason that most of the ancients ships would have been destroyed by the wraith in battles.

We have already seen two (Aroura and Orion). If the Ancients had more warships then they would have kept fighting the wraith rather than leaving Pegasus, IMO.

Both the Aurora and the Orion had been badly damaged in battle. The Aurora was left floating around in space with no life support or weapons, and the Orion had been parked in a hanger probably awaiting repairs when they left for Earth.

So im not expecting to see a fleet of ancient warships anytime soon, but i guess its up to tptb to decide.
      If at first you don't succeed.... try a bigger thermo-nuclear reaction

Comment

when the story calls of more there will be more

Comment

I think it would be pretty nice if we found a working Warship. It's possible that after a while they just hid their ships and left to Atlantis (by stargate or ride)

Comment

I dont think we'll find anymore Aurora class ships, but I think we'll find out about some huge bad ass destroyer the Atlantians were working on and had to leave...and we'll go find it, get it, use it for abit...then see it go boom.
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I do not think other Ancient ships are needed. They already have the best Ancient ship : Atlantis.
              Spoiler:
              And I hope Atlantis will fly in "The Real World", when the Asurans come to destroy the city-mothership.
              (Spoiler for "Progeny" / "The Real World")

Comment

Originally posted by Aither
                I do not think other Ancient ships are needed. They already have the best Ancient ship : Atlantis.
                Spoiler:
                And I hope Atlantis will fly in "The Real World", when the Asurans come to destroy the city-mothership.
                (Spoiler for "Progeny" / "The Real World")
                would be cool but i thought the City cannot fly because of the power needed / the Hyperdrive / Engine's are flooded while the city has been sitting on the ocean floor for over 10 Thounsand year's

Comment

what gives you the idea that the engines are flooded, hyperdrive is broken?

Atlantis was protected by a shield for that full 10.000 years it was on the ocean floor
                  error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                    what gives you the idea that the engines are flooded, hyperdrive is broken?

Atlantis was protected by a shield for that full 10.000 years it was on the ocean floor
                    what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..

Comment

There's a possibility that more Alteran waships could be found. Although, we've had quite a lot in the what? 40 episodes already.
                      -Atlantis
                      -Aurara
                      -The Tower (the rest was burried)
                      -The Hypopheralcus (the Orion )
                      -And there's going to be the Asuran, Atlantis like ship (or possibly ships, plural!)

So thats 4 ships in 40 episodes meaning 1 per 10 episodes on average!
                      Plus with the Asuran ship/s it'd be more! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                        There's a possibility that more Alteran waships could be found. Although, we've had quite a lot in the what? 40 episodes already.
                        -Atlantis
                        -Aurara
                        -The Tower (the rest was burried)
                        -The Hypopheralcus (the Orion )
                        -And there's going to be the Asuran, Atlantis like ship (or possibly ships, plural!)

So thats 4 ships in 40 episodes meaning 1 per 10 episodes on average!
                        Plus with the Asuran ship/s it'd be more! Yay!
                        yes true m8 but would be awsome to find a Battle WarShip or a Destroyer WarShip

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
                          ... a Battle WarShip or a Destroyer WarShip
                          Is there a difference? My Warship knowledge is a little limited (in the relms of non-fiction). Is one stronger than the other or what?... I'm sorta confused when it comes to this...

Edit- thanks for clearing it up rarocks24, I'l give you some green.
                          Last edited by The Prophet; 11 March 2006, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                            Is there a difference? My Warship knowledge is a little limited (in the relms of non-fiction). Is one stronger than the other or what?... I'm sorta confused when it comes to this...
                            A Battleship is quite large, a destroyer is small. A destroyer is also the gruntforce of any navy. Quick, efficient, it's why they've basically done away with Battleships in favor carriers.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
                              what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..
                              Let me put it this way, unless it was said in the show that the engines are flooded, they are not flooded.
                              error: signature not found

Comment

Working...
                              X