Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there no Asgard doing Research in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are there no Asgard doing Research in Atlantis?

I mean if the Goa'uld went to atlantis, why not some Asgard?
    Isn't the Atlantis a treasure trove of knowledge for the Asgard as well?

Just makes sense to me.
    Any thoughts?

I have thought of that myself , the Asgards would learn more on the Atlantis base then we would . Maybe they should have at the least 2 Asgards there to help us out finding out about the technology and learn more out the city over all , they could be in charge of the COMPUTERS .

Comment

Maybe that's something we might see in Season 3. I think at the moment they are trying to rebuild the Asgard civilization.

Comment

Thats what i was saying. Makes sense.

Comment

Yeah but the ATLANTIS base could hold the key to there problems with the COLONING thing , there could be something on that base that would help them out and save all the Asgards from being whipped out . I would have thought they would have at least send one to the base , like they have one on DAEDALUS .

Comment

The Daedalus scenes are sucking the Asgard puppet budget dry?

Hermiod has a non-competition clause in his contract?

Atlantis dress code requires pants for all permanently stationed researchers?

The Asgard have been there before but owe money to the original race living in Pegasus?
            "We have seen that a lot of legends and folklore have a strong basis in fact. Avalon, Atlantis..."
            "The Easter Bunny."
            "... I guess there's a few exceptions."

Comment

Erm...because they all ready have a ton of Ancient information to decipher and work out, so why bother with a ton of technology they may or may not be able to work out?
              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Alareth
                The Daedalus scenes are sucking the Asgard puppet budget dry?

Hermiod has a non-competition clause in his contract?

Atlantis dress code requires pants for all permanently stationed researchers?

The Asgard have been there before but owe money to the original race living in Pegasus?
                LOL! Clearly you're on the inside track.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tsid.
                  LOL! Clearly you're on the inside track.
                  I think it's number 2 myself. Hermiod seems like a prima donna
                  "We have seen that a lot of legends and folklore have a strong basis in fact. Avalon, Atlantis..."
                  "The Easter Bunny."
                  "... I guess there's a few exceptions."

Comment

It's logical that they would have been there within a few days of the Atlantis team arriving. An ancient city, could have been the key to them defeating the Reps long before Dakara etc, so while they are rebuilding, I'm sure 2/3 wouldn't be too much to send to check it out, espeically since it probably holds they keys to saving your entire race from extinction.

The simple reason why it's just been ignored, is that it costs too much money for an Asgard to appear. Not only the CGI part, but fopr Hermy it takes around 4/6 puppeteers at any one time to operate him. Imagine that quardrupled & that's a big budget increase. They probably feel it's better spent on creating CGI worlds, or to shoe more Wraith stuff etc. With the Asurans coming in S3, then I'd imagine a lot of CGI for thema s well. So it doesn't look good for much Asgard stuff for S3. Although they will make an appearance at some point during this season in Pegasus. That's better than nothing!

Comment

What are these Asurans you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                        What are these Asurans you speak of?
                        you will find out in SEASON 3 PROGENY , they have a SPOILER if you want to read about it . but thats all ill give you .

Comment

Bring THOR to Atlantis!!! or just move there whole race to altantis well thats if they had money would be cool

Comment

Well the Asgard did have some kind of code (of conduct and/or interaction) - they could not provide the deadalus (sp) with asgard weaponry.

It should work both ways, imo. And given their level of awareness, it is prolly reason why they have not really done anything on atlantis - in terms of learning anything from the Ancient database..

They cannot give out their stuff freely, and they cannot take anything at their will - they simply Learn and work (from what they got).

Heck, maybe they do hold some level of arrogance and pride that inhibits their motivation to look up anything in the Atlantis Database
                            McKay: Oh, come on - I understand that you are an Asgard and everything! But even you've got to feel a bit of an Adrenaline buzz

Hermiod: My Body does not possess the adrenal gland that produces Epinephrine. And even if I did, I would not be as easily Impressed

McKay: I get, I get it. You think you're smarter than I am. You ready to go or not?

Hermiod: I have been for some time

(Meanwhile, Back in the Milky way - )

Comment

ok now ever thought of the fact that all ancient tech is mentioned in the Ancient database? Something the Asgard already have a full copy of. What else is there of value on Atlantis but that? I'm sure the Asgard can duplicate a flying intergalactic city.

Take for instance another country stealing the designs and technical INFORMATION for the latest US warship. They don't need the hardware, just a way how to BUILD it. And as we know once the Asgard understand a technology, building it is NO PROBLEM at all to them.
                              Check out Stargate Quantum Wars!
                              http://quantumgate.stargatewars.com/...d=hb1111394599

Comment

Working...
                              X