X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest ZPM Conspiracy Theory

According to the Omnipedia:

ZPM DEFINED
    "A Z.P.M. derives its enormous power from vacuum energy, derived from a self-contained region of subspace time, and has a potential life of many millions of years."

ASCENSION DEFINED
    "A term used to describe the process of transcending to a higher plane of existence."

My Big Questions
    Could the artificially created "vacuum energy" be the same as the "pure energy" of which ascended beings are made?

If so, could the ZPMs be siphoning energy from the "higher plane," maybe the region of the higher plane that the "Ori" inhabit?

And if so, is this why the ancients abandoned ZPM technology in favor of "vacuum energy from our own spacetime" (i.e. PROJECT ARCTURUS)?

This would explain the following:

1. Why the Alterans and Ori had a falling out.
    2. The difficulty in locating ZPMs, and why the ancients weren't explicit about their whereabouts.

What do you think?
    Last edited by ZPM_Plant; 07 March 2006, 07:12 PM.
    Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

from the spoiler of progeny their is an advanced civilzation the Asurans in the pegasus galaxy still making zpm's now. If that was the case wouldnt the ancients and the ori have the power to wipe them out as it was interfering in their plane of existence

Comment

Short answer: no

Comment

You obviously read the spoiler on Progeny as you already posted there so i'm left questioning why you made such a topic.
        You already knew there were ZPM factories.
        error: signature not found

Comment

The progeny spoiler does make reference to SPOILERS (Highlight below to read): the Asurans having zpms and being able to produce them, but if that spoiler is correct, the Asurans might have had something to do with the downfall of the Ancients.
          If that is so, I wouldn't rule out their ability to disguise their use of ZPMs. In this sense, the "Ori" would be aware of the transgression, but would not be able to locate its use.
          Last edited by ZPM_Plant; 08 March 2006, 07:32 AM.
          Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
            Short answer: no
            Then this is your answer.
            error: signature not found

Comment

Of my understanding of it , isnt a ZPM power the same kind of power out of a BLACK HOLE . I think Carter explained it to Jack once that a ZPMs power is jsut are great as a blackhole just contained in a cystle case . Also McKay has also explainned it too , but cant remember how it works . Im going to re-watch the show again to see .

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                Of my understanding of it , isnt a ZPM power the same kind of power out of a BLACK HOLE . I think Carter explained it to Jack once that a ZPMs power is jsut are great as a blackhole just contained in a cystle case . Also McKay has also explainned it too , but cant remember how it works . Im going to re-watch the show again to see .
                magnets.......

Comment

i bet the ancient's were still makin ZPM's and i dont think tht they were running off Asended Been's i bet they had a couple ZPM Factory's but they could of been destroyed by the Wraith or was been taken by the LANTIAN'S what didnt leave in peace..

Comment

My Big Questions
                    Could the artificially created "vacuum energy" be the same as the "pure energy" of which ascended beings are made?
                    If so, this ZPM factory could be using similar technology to the weapon that SG1 is looking for to kill the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Random667
                      If so, this ZPM factory could be using similar technology to the weapon that SG1 is looking for to kill the Ori.
                      interesting point. it would make alot more sense to use pure energy, or the matter from the ascended plane to disable the ascended beings.

Comment

Working...
                      X