X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILERS: 'Sateda'

First story info on Atlantis's 'Sateda'

GateWorld has uncovered the first details on the plot of "Sateda," an upcoming episode of Stargate Atlantis focusing on Ronon Dex's (Jason Momoa) past. The episode is being written by executive producer Robert C. Cooper, and will be direct by Martin Wood.

Beware of spoilers in the full report!
    Last edited by Darren; 06 March 2006, 08:36 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Cool Darren, thanks! Except you accidentally linked to the "Progeny" spoilers instead of "Sateda".

Sweet, an ep with some Ronon backstory and hopefully some development for his character. But wasn't this one supposed to also have some Shep backstory as well? Either it wasn't mentioned in the spoilers or his backstory pops up in another ep. I just hope it wasn't dropped altogether.

Comment

wow

sounds very good for character development... and an old flame?

btw the link is wrong?? it should be

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...tlantisi.shtml

Comment

Full details below....(reposted from SG1_Spoilme)

“Sateda”
        Written by RC Cooper
        Directed by Martin Wood

As usual, information is incomplete, subject to radical change, so don’t count all your wraith before they’re hatched…

Ronon’s past comes back to haunt him, and Sheppard’s team suffers for it.

As everyone knows, Ronon’s homeworld of Sateda was devastated by the Wraith. However, when Ronon was on the run, some villagers on a primitive world gave him shelter, with bad consequences: The Wraith culled their village. The survivors - mainly the older KETURAH - blame Ronon and wants revenge.

Sheppard’s team makes the mistake of visiting that world and the team are drugged and captured. KETURAH foolishly believes he can turn over Ronon (and the team) to the Wraith in exchange for peace because before the Wraith left the last time, they told the villagers that if Ronon returned and he was turned over, they would be forever free from culling.

Fortunately, LORNE isn’t part of the captured team, for he’s back on Atlantis with Weir putting together the rescue party.

Guest characters include KETURAH, LORNE (yeah!), LINOR, and Wraith, no doubt lots of wraith…

END

Comment

Originally posted by eri-chan
          wow

sounds very good for character development... and an old flame?

btw the link is wrong?? it should be

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...tlantisi.shtml

Old flame??? That's nowhere in the spoilers...

Comment

well.. hmm someone that 'used to care for ronon' can mean a lot of things. i can already see some leeway for kirking

i hope im just being pessimistic

Comment

Sweet! Lorne makes it to season three! *happy dance*

Comment

Originally posted by eri-chan
                well.. hmm someone that 'used to care for ronon' can mean a lot of things. i can already see some leeway for kirking

i hope im just being pessimistic
                No kirking. The word 'care' is taken out of context in 'used to care'. It's actually care as in fixing up the wounded type care, although since when Ronon visits a village, people tend to die within 24 hours, I can't see any romance brewing in that short a time....

Me thinks this is how rumors get started (must remember, all spoilers are derived from *incomplete* information with a bit of speculation tossed in)....

Comment

My take on the spoilers is that Ronon is "thinking back" to his time before becoming a runner and he probably did have a girlfriend of some sort.

A flashback to a female companion would not be "kirking" in my book.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Unless it's Shep, in which case kirking would definitely be involved.

Woohoo on Lorne! I'll reserve judgement on how good the Ronon stuff is until I actually see the ep, though. After all, Epiphany was supposed to have background on Sheppard.

Comment

My take on the spoilers is that Ronon is "thinking back" to his time before becoming a runner and he probably did have a girlfriend of some sort.

Yes, there are flashbacks to when he was first on the planet.

Well, BIG SPOILER STARTconsidering that he arrives in the village barely 'near death' and she [Lorina] dies by wraith uh, no, I don't see any kirking happening of any sort.. ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                        Yes, there are flashbacks to when he was first on the planet.

Well, BIG SPOILER STARTconsidering that he arrives in the village barely 'near death' and she [Lorina] dies by wraith uh, no, I don't see any kirking happening of any sort.. ahem.
                        Yeah, I figured she was dead. Ronon just isn't the kirking type.

Glad to hear Major Lorne is back in season 3. Wondering if he'll get a first name this year.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Glad to hear Major Lorne is back in season 3. Wondering if he'll get a first name this year.
                          If he does, it'd better be Marcus.

I like Ronon. I hope they actually UTILIZE him in season 3 and that Sateda doesn't wind up being the sum total of Ronon's storyline for the rest of the year.

Comment

oh thank God for that reassurance i still think anything can happen since the spoiler was very vague on the mention of linor. i originally thought he runs into her again or something like that. bring on the ronon flash backs! now we can probably see how advanced sateda really was

Comment

Now that I think about it, it looks like the whole "Atlantis team gets taken hostage/prisoner" theme is alive and kicking in season 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X