PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Database Question

deadman
March 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
If they have the database of the Ancients and all the info they need to build starships w/out Asgard for shields,hyperdrives, and weapons, medical info, ZPM designs, acension designs, and much more, why don't they even study it???

JUNIOR
March 6th, 2006, 05:34 PM
If they have the database of the Ancients and all the info they need to build starships w/out Asgard for shields,hyperdrives, and weapons, medical info, ZPM designs, acension designs, and much more, why don't they even study it???

They are studying it but the data base in Atlantis is so massive that they've barley scratched the surface in deciphering it. The Asgard did the same thing with an Ancient repository, which I doubt has as much data as the Atlantis data base, and although the Asgard have learned much from the data base the have barley scratched the surface.

-PITBULL-
March 9th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah i think the Asgards have said they have only learned about 4% of the info they have , As far as Atlantis goes . We have only learnned about 4% of what Atlantis is and can do , on top of that we still havnt explored the WHOLE city itself , there would be weapons and other usefull stuff in the city that we still dont know about .

The only way we could learn more about Atlantis itself is to have more power to the city , right now the best way to find more power or build more power is to have the Asgards help us out .

I have a feeling that the NOX them selfs know mroe to the Ancients then we think and know more of there KNOWLEDGE than the Asgards do , just they wont help for some reason .

norbe
March 9th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I have a feeling that the NOX themselves know more of the Ancients then we think and know more of there KNOWLEDGE than the Asgards do , just they wont help for some reason .

You might be right there they helped the Tollans build a stargate.

Chutzpah
March 9th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Don't worry. The lads at Google are working on a search engine as we speak.

mckaychick
March 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM
You can't trust google alot of the times!

Sauron18
March 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
You might be right there they helped the Tollans build a stargate.
The Nox also had flying cities, like the ancients

PG15
March 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
You can't trust google alot of the times!

Blasphemy! Do not speak ill of the Google!

Hallows is the Google!!

Da Puertorican
March 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Why can't they just look for specifics?, they sometime says that there's an index or something... just look for key word recharging.

SGFANATIC
March 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM
i was thinking they alreay have the technology to cloak the jumpers why havent they tried to explore the cloaking and cloak there own ships as the deadalis and in the future the orion

mckaychick
March 11th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Blasphemy! Do not speak ill of the Google!

Hallows is the Google!!

Sorry but me a google dont get along at all.

AtlantisForever
March 11th, 2006, 09:01 AM
proberly the NOX only had Flying City's because of the Ancient's
and where it comes to the Ancient DATABASE you could read all of it in there Science lab's but you need to understand it... so it would take forever...
+ to translate the language from scratch would year's apon year's to decifer all of it

genius21
March 11th, 2006, 02:48 PM
not if the asguard give there translation software or hook there computer on the ancient database we know the asguards computer can translate ancient with ease seen in episode 802 when o'neill was in stasis.

DaDigi
March 11th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Im all with you and all, but if that were to happen, whats the point of a new season, when they can get it all done in one pop?

genius21
March 12th, 2006, 02:09 AM
getting the stuff is one thing understanding it is another if i give you a blueprint to a ship will you understand none some or all of it.

Karec
March 12th, 2006, 02:37 AM
The Nox are anceint theifs!

1. They got just as good cloaks as the anceints did if not better.
2. They can heal dead, just like the ancients.
3. They have flying city's, Just like the anceints.
4. They have the understanding of the stargate to create one that looks better than the normal one AND to activate it by waving their hands.

Meaning! The Nox has an anceint library on their planet! Or something!

Unorthodox
March 12th, 2006, 06:46 AM
The Nox are anceint theifs!

1. They got just as good cloaks as the anceints did if not better.
2. They can heal dead, just like the ancients.
3. They have flying city's, Just like the anceints.
4. They have the understanding of the stargate to create one that looks better than the normal one AND to activate it by waving their hands.

Meaning! The Nox has an anceint library on their planet! Or something!
Well, an Ancient Library on the Nox homeworld may be a possibility, but...they're not Ancients. They are just very friggan close to ascension. As for the Furlings...I figure that they have all ascended and are now with the Anceints.

Plus, the Nox were allies with the Ancients, which means the Four Great Races (Ancients, Asguard, Furlings, and Nox) probably shared information, technology, and such. No Theifing there.

Karec
March 12th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I dont really think they shared their technology actually:confused:
It seems that the asgard never got their hands on ANY aceint technology until the anceints aceneded and left it.
And I think the nox did the same.
Im guessing that the anceints made the alliance and then when it died the other 3 races took a mighty chunk of their technology just like that, But for good intentions of course:rolleyes:

Thor did say they got some anceint knowleage from a library "Some time ago" and I dont think thor ment 10 million years ago....more like a 1000 years MAX.

If im not way out there im guessing that the 2 new ship types actually are made out of that knowleage because they look VERY diffrent from the first class we saw And thor said himself its a new armoring on the ship. Maby they got that from the library.

And I hardly think the furlings acended.

actdree
March 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
As for the Furlings...I figure that they have all ascended and are now with the Anceints.

I have read, I believe on this very site, that the writers are toying with the idea of introducing the furlings in SG-1's 200th episode. So they may not ascended. :)

Unorthodox
March 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I dont really think they shared their technology actually:confused:
It seems that the asgard never got their hands on ANY aceint technology until the anceints aceneded and left it.
And I think the nox did the same.
Im guessing that the anceints made the alliance and then when it died the other 3 races took a mighty chunk of their technology just like that, But for good intentions of course:rolleyes:

Thor did say they got some anceint knowleage from a library "Some time ago" and I dont think thor ment 10 million years ago....more like a 1000 years MAX.

If im not way out there im guessing that the 2 new ship types actually are made out of that knowleage because they look VERY diffrent from the first class we saw And thor said himself its a new armoring on the ship. Maby they got that from the library.

And I hardly think the furlings acended.
Quite a possibility. I just figured that they would at least share some knowlege, sciences and arts, you know. Technology was a long-shot, I admit. But you'd think they'd at least work together on some sort of technological problem.

I have read, I believe on this very site, that the writers are toying with the idea of introducing the furlings in SG-1's 200th episode. So they may not ascended.
Darn. Eh, I guess the Ancients were the eldest of the 4 races, seeing as how the Asguard possibly don't give-a-hoot about Ascension, the Nox are pretty close (if they're trying), and the {SPOILER} Furlings haven't (apparently) ascended either.