This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide and Seek random nits

Ewwwww, children. Me and Captain Picard have the same attitude. Hopefully they will organize a school shortly.

The story was quite obviously set up - football, the 'Hail Mary' play. Not good scripting. Or maybe I see too many story outlines.
    There was a lot of exposition dialogue, filling in the backstory, from Weir in the begining, and with the kid in the infirmary. I'm ambivient about this. The first regular episode, the third hour of the show, maybe they still want to bring any newcomers up to speed. But, it comes in two big chunks, which again I feel is not the best writing.

Weir tells the Lt. to go to the east side of the hall.
    In an enclosed space that they've been in a couple of days, which way is east? He must have a Crackerjack compass.

In some shots Sheppard's hair is quite spikey looking, in others he's combed down. Spikey is nice, if they're experimenting and want an opinion

Sheppard's chosen his bedroom, very small, with the bed two feet from the door, and the door is half windows! He must not be shy.

Star Trek and my local supermaket have doors that open automatically when you approach, and the Ancients don't ?
    In Rising, when Weir and Sheppard wanted to talk alone near the end, they walked over to the side, and a door opened automatically to an outside balcony. In Hide and Seek they're hitting buttons on the wall.

I definitely get the feeling of individuals, of characters, instead of types or token black/Asian/alien/Redshirt. McKay is great. Dr. Beckett. Major Sheppard. Three white guys you can tell apart!

Originally posted by HIj'Qa
    Star Trek and my local supermaket have doors that open automatically when you approach, and the Ancients don't ?
    In Rising, when Weir and Sheppard wanted to talk alone near the end, they walked over to the side, and a door opened automatically to an outside balcony. In Hide and Seek they're hitting buttons on the wall.
    Wasn't it only the door to the elevator? I noticed that only three people could activate it in the entire episode, indicating it probably required the gene to use it. Dr. Weir stepped into it and nothing happened, but Sheppard, Mckay (with the gene therapy), and the boy could all use it. Maybe all of the villagers have the gene, they *do* keep referring to the Ancients as their descendents, after all.

Comment

I thought you had to touch the panel for it to move you? Did Weir touch the panel?
      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Rusk
        Wasn't it only the door to the elevator? I noticed that only three people could activate it in the entire episode, indicating it probably required the gene to use it. Dr. Weir stepped into it and nothing happened, but Sheppard, Mckay (with the gene therapy), and the boy could all use it. Maybe all of the villagers have the gene, they *do* keep referring to the Ancients as their descendents, after all.
        ancestors
        sigpic

Comment

Mio's right, ansestors!
          __

__

Comment

Working...
          X