This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete Earth! (Possible Spoilers)

Why can't they delete earth from the database?
    It would solve a lot of problems.

The Ancient database is incredibly redundant. It would restore it as soon as you delete it.
    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

another thing they didn't think the wraith would gain access to the database

Comment

Well they created a virus which would completly destroy the database, so designing virus which permantly delets information on earth would not be to hard, although I do not think they that knowlege from the ancient database I thought they got it from our own database.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
          Well they created a virus which would completly destroy the database, so designing virus which permantly delets information on earth would not be to hard, although I do not think they that knowlege from the ancient database I thought they got it from our own database.
          That virus is to delete the entire database. If you use the virus to delete only a few files in the database, the database would restore them.

Comment

Because then how are we going to dial Earth and escape if we have to. If the Sh_t goes down we aren't going to be able to fly the big D out of their without being blown the F up. So we escape through the Gate like the Ancients did and then set the self destrut and send the virus through the Database and bam in a bar by night fall talking bout how close it just got and wondering what the faces on the Wraith looked like when theya re standing in the Gate room and you hear Two...One... BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
              The Ancient database is incredibly redundant.
              Incredibly redundant.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Heh, that never gets old.

Comment

But the virus could simple be design so each time the database recreate the information it just deleted again. They do not need the database to contain the knowlege to dial the gate, they already have coordinates in their head, and simply have to dial themselves.

Comment

But the virus could simple be design so each time the database recreate the information it just deleted again. They do not need the database to contain the knowlege to dial the gate, they already have coordinates in their head, and simply have to dial themselves.
                    That would be a waste of time. Why do that when there are better things to do? Like exploring the city or searching through the database. The database has also got the gate addresses to other planets besides Earth too.

Comment

Well as it only took few days to write the first version of the virus and I am pretty sure it would only take few hours to modifie it. And come on we all they never actually explore the city that just make far to much sense.

Comment

Well as it only took few days to write the first version of the virus and I am pretty sure it would only take few hours to modifie it. And come on we all they never actually explore the city that just make far to much sense.
                        I meant it would be a waste of time to continually delete it when there are better things to do.

Comment

Why would you want to delete your escape plan?
                          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Haven't you heard of Norton Undelete?
                            "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

It would not block their only escape plan they do not need the database to contain the details of earth just the dialing computers.

Comment

Working...
                              X