This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargating an active stargate

Anyone have any ideas about what would happen if you chucked an active stargate through another active stargate?
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Well just given the size constraints, one would have to be a supergate. But idk. I don't think it's possible because wherever the gates were located would be essentially the same spatial coordinates, so they wouldn't both be able to be active.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
      I don't think it's possible because wherever the gates were located would be essentially the same spatial coordinates, so they wouldn't both be able to be active.
      I think he meant thowing an active stargate through another active stargate thats connected to someother stargate....lol that just confused me

I have no idea what would happen

How bout, someone stepping into the stargate thats connected to the stargate thats been thrown into the stargate thats connected to another stargate
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Hows this for a head smasher..........what if you threw a stargate through an active stargate that is dialed to the other stargate...would it come back through or the other way round

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
          I think he meant thowing an active stargate through another active stargate thats connected to someother stargate....lol that just confused me
          Lol I understood, but what I was saying is that for you to be able to throw the gate through another, they would both have to be active at the same place which isn't possible, at least not that we've seen. Who knows, this question is confusing

Comment

Originally posted by RoMUS
            Hows this for a head smasher..........what if you threw a stargate through an active stargate that is dialed to the other stargate...would it come back through or the other way round
            It's how you unlock teh furlings!!!!!!!
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

well it all depends, was the stargate throw through the other stargate activated? if so was it outgoing? or was it incoming? maybe the 2 worm holes just merge, and you would come out with the other stargate, no body knows!

Comment

what if u dialed a stargate to a black hole then through it in to an active supergate?!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

It'll clog the drain!

Comment

I have an idea, you dial a gate on P3X-200 or something, have the Daedy beam it on board, jump to the nearest Super gate, activate it and toss it threw.
                    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Ok, if it was possible, this would likely happen:

Assuming Gate A is somehow small enough to fit inside Gate B...and both are active (Again, somehow...that wouldn't normally actually work)

Gate A dematerializes and is stored in Gate B's buffer. For all intents and purposes, Gate A is destroyed. The wormhole formerly connected to Gate A shuts down.

Gate B then sends the pattern for Gate A to wherever its connected to, and it rematerialzes.

As it rematerializes, the event horizon (Not the wormhole...that's gone...It'd probably look more like it did in '48 Hours', since your Gate A still has an active event horizon without a wormhole) suddenly shuts down.

That, or you'd simply rip the very fabric of space and time and destroy the entire universe.
                      sigpic

Comment

AHHH! STOP IT!! lol

Comment

I wonder if you can even get to gates active in the same place to throw one through the other.
                          What we know is you can't dial to the same planet you are on. Like when we found the Antarctic Gate. Sam could dial home because she was home.

Now: can you dial the same planet twice or dial from the planet to another world and then have a nother world dial us.

You know what, forget it. I am going to call Baal, he has some extra Gates laying around that I can borrow. Off to expariment.
                          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

won't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                              won't fit.
                              Dont forget, you can use a supergate or a "mini" gate, like what Orlin built.

Comment

Working...
                              X