This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with Fan fiction

Hello all, i am a great fan of Stargate and Atlantis, however i need assistance with different races technolgy for a fan fiction project i am currently making.

I have chosen to post here because you are by far the most knowledgable stargate fans on the net and you are all gathered in one place. Basically i have the following races that we have seen in SG:1 and atlantis
    • Wraith
    • Tauri
    • Goa'uld
    • Sodan
    • Asgard
    • Replicator
    • Alteran
    • Ori
    • Tok'Ra
    • Tollan
    • Nox
    • Genii
    • Achen

I basically need to thinking of attack and defence weapons for each races aswell as making a few ships? i am really hoping that you can assist me with this as the final project will be a free fan run MMORPG more advanced than current projects... we have really put the time in coding we could do with the technogly help to get the game as accurate as the coding.

Thanks

Joel

Please if you could post here or email me here.

I don't know if this helps but http://gateworld.net has some great information on technology, races etc. At the top of the page click on Omnipedia. Good luck!
    Just because my reproductive organs are on the outside instead of the inside... God! That's horrible! Who would say that?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha Carter
      I don't know if this helps but http://gateworld.net has some great information on technology, races etc. At the top of the page click on Omnipedia. Good luck!
      Hey sam thanks for the assistance, we have used alot of the technogly out of here but i dont really want to copy to the word what we have seen in SG:1 and SG:A i would like to come up with some fan designed weapons based from the technolgy.

Tauri weapons are proving a big issue, maybe one of you can post a few attack and a few defencive weapons for the tauri.

Comment

Originally posted by The_oracle
        Tauri weapons are proving a big issue, maybe one of you can post a few attack and a few defencive weapons for the tauri.
        Have a search for the 'what's your favourite gun' threads, only if you're looking for military veracity, don't call anything a gun unless it's big enough to worry the average tank driver (my first Beta was an ex-soldier, she always pestered me about that).

More than that, though, if you want people to think of ideas for you, you'll have to give a little more detail of what you're after.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i am going to develop what i am after as you have suggested. I am after developed weapons that possibly we have not seen in the series but are based on technolgy that we have seen. For example for the Alterans i have the following:

Hand-held Stunner
          Stunner Rifle
          Power Modulator
          Transportation Device
          Spacial Mine
          Chain Gun Turret
          Cutting Drone
          Exploding Drone
          Viper Puddle Jumper

These are just the offensive weapons... i need this for every race, some of them havent been seen in the series but are based off the technogly that has been seen.

Comment

Well, kinetic energy weapons and missiles are Earth's primary weapons systems, and I think it should stay that way-It sets Earth apart from the other races, and our weapons are plenty effective with a little help from alien technology every now and then.

The Jaffa, Tok'ra, and Goa'uld essentially all use the same weapons and technology. The Free Jaffa Nation would make use of the motherships and Gliders, mainly, just as the surviving Goa'uld would. The Tok'ra, however, would probably only go as far as Al'kesh for capital ship power. THey prefer stealth and speed to greater firepower and size.

The Tollan are mostly dead, but a few may have survived the Goa'uld assault. They do have ships (according to "Tangent" and other episodes), some of which may have also survived, but with the help of the Tau'ri, they could rebuild their civilization (again), and build a small fleet that could be of great help. They would most likely employ smaller versions of their ion cannons on their ships, and their ships would be able to "phase" through enemy vessels, as well as any missile weapons they'd use. Most likely small ships, striking like daggers against critical targets.

The Nox employ no weapons, of any kind. They are pacifists.

The Aschen would have ships similar to their Harvesters (as seen in "2001"), and would mount larger versions of their hand-held weapons and the ability to deploy large-scale biological and nanotech weapons, against ships and planets.

The Sodan are essentially Jaffa, but do not make use of ships. Their cloaking devices, as well as teleportation technlogy, would be their biggest advantages.

Comment

Wraith
              Uses primarily organic technology, weak hyperdrives. Defeated Ancient Lantian Alterans in Pegasus Galaxy with sheer numbers. Parasitical, require human life to feed upon. Unexpected creation.

Stunner Pistol - pistol sized version of the stunner
              Stunner Staff - staff like version of the stunner
              Stunner - rifle like device that has a spear in the end to stab enemies. Weapon is used to stun targets, may take one or more blasts to be effective.
              Grenade - spherical grenade, top rotates and closes to activate then thrown
              Tracking Device - organic like device placed inside a body allowing wraith to track the person
              Probe - small floating spherical device that is sent into the stargate to worlds to determine if their is anything worthy to feed upon
              Culling Beam - short range wave transporter that traps a person in stasis for later feeding
              Solid Hologram - generates a hologram that is real and allows only specific DNA to cross
              Data Storage Device - small device that holds and records information

Dart - dart shaped fighters, emit a buzz like noise, use culling tranporters to grab targets and keep them stored in a transformer, fires energy blasts
              Scout Ship - small device that can use hyperdrive, not seen on show
              Transport - old design that stored humans to feed on later
              Hive Cruiser - smaller capital ship
              Hive Ship - massive ship, serves as mothership/carrier. Massive amounts of firepower and contains one Hive Queen at least.

Tauri

MALP
              UAV

Vulcan Gatling Gun
              Rail Gun
              Asgard Beam Transporter
              Transport Beacon
              Gatebuster Bomb

Goa'uld
              Possess moderate technology, scavenged from many races including Ancient Altera. Some is more advanced then normal.

Staff weapon - staff like weapon that fires a bolt of plasma (?)
              Zat'niki'tel - hand gun like device that fires an electric bolt (?) that can stun a target. First shot stuns, second shot kills and third shot disintegrates
              Hand Device - gauntlet like device that works as a weapon and remote to activate other devices. Can activate a shield and fire 'waves' against a target, can catch zat blasts
              Sarcophagus - coffin like device that can heal a person from injuries and bring back recently deceased, addictive. Created from Alteran technology.
              Radiation Shield Device - large device that requires a second companion to project a weak shield over a set area to prevent deadly radiation hitting an area
              Communication device - spherical glass like device that can allow communication with another such device. Comes in both small and large variety.
              Shock Grenade - spherical device that is thrown into an area and emits a loud noisy blast that stuns targets
              Naquada Bomb - device that comes in a variety of forms, far stronger then normal explosives
              TER - transphase eradication rods, can kill re'tu and detect cloaked enemies
              Anti-Gravity Drive - allows craft to float
              Stasis Chamber - freezes an individual indefinately
              Canopic Stasis Jar - small device that can hold a symbiote in stasis
              Ashrak Ring, Hara Kesh - small ring device that can be used to torture
              Cloak of Invisibility - makes a person invisible to the naked eye
              Za'tarc - procedure that turns a person into a sleeper agent
              Za'tarc Beam Weapon - small device that fits on the finger, fires a beam weapon that can kill a person, has self destruct button that kills the sleeper if mission fails
              Nanocytes - small nanites that were used to accelerate the aging process of humans, powered by an external generator

Anubis Creations
              Kull Warrior - genetically created super soldier, encased in reflective armour, has a plasma repeater, can only be killed properlly by Kull Disruptors
              Ancient Shields - more advanced shields that could resist Tollan Ion cannons and Asgard weapons
              Recon Probe - MALP like device, hovers, has a plasma gun
              Gate Lock Device - specific device placed at DHD which reroutes organic travellers to another location if correct code is not given

Deathglider - a near wing shaped fighter craft with two staff cannons, has inertial drive.
              Tel'tac Cargoship
              Troop Transport
              Ha'tak Mothership - large capital ship, siege engine, transport and carrier. Has strong shields.
              Supership

Sodan
              Similar to Jaffa though more focused on raiding and using their ground forces then ships.

Obselisk Transporter - Alteran transporter device that transports person from obe Obselisk to another one by keying in a code sequence
              Alteran Cloak - armband that cloaks user, can see beings who are in phase, created by the Ancient Alterans

Asgard
              Advanced race, member of Ancient Alliance in the galaxy, extra galactic capable.

Advanced Sensors - highly advanced sensors stronger then normal and linked to other systems
              Beam Transporters - uses sensors to beam targets without the need of a platform, they can transport enemy troops and even buildings off a location
              Personal Cloaking Device - small device that can cloak a person
              Weapon Pod - Asgard energy pulse weapon, small
              Time Dilation Device - a temporal field used to accelerate or slow time in a set radius
              Cloning - able to clone replacement clones for the asgard crew, memories are transfered to new body when old is dead

Daniel Jackson
              Biliskner
              O'Niell

Replicator

Alteran
              Old race, came from another galaxy. Extra galactic capable. Faction of Atlanteans went to Pegasus galaxy and later returned. Most are ascended and do not interfere with corporeal affairs.

Weapon Drone - squid like weapon controlled by a Control Chair by thought alone of the controllers, they can pierce shields
              Personal Cloaking Device - same one mentioned in Sodan entry
              Personal Shield Device - small device worn that projects a powerful shield, controlled by Ancient gene operators, activated by thought of user
              Energy Containment Device - somewhat large device that can trap an ascended being indefinately
              Solid Holograms - holograms that can hurt people rather then an illusion
              Long Range Communication Device - uses communication stones that links people to each other, can communicate to another unit which can even be in another galaxy
              Obselisk Transporter - same one mentioned in Sodan entry
              Ring Transporter - ring device that transports a matter stream allowing people to be transported from one ring platform to another ring platform
              Disruptor Device - weapon that affects matter on a molecular level
              DNA Sequencer - platform that allows the user to manipulate anothers DNA to create advanced lifeforms
              Repository of Knowledge - storage device, selective to only humans not other life forms, transfers Ancient knowledge to the person exposed. Once used they wipe their memory out.
              ZPM - cylindrical power source that uses subspace energy of a small created universe
              DHD - dial home device, allows dialing if an address and activates stargate
              Stargate - circular ring device that creates wormhole between two distant points, made of naquada
              Stargate Destroyer - large device that projects an energy beam into a stargate, locks onto the stargate on the other side and charges it till it explodes. Does not call under the 30 minute window rule of a stargate
              Acturus Weapon - powerful planet based weapon that uses the Acturus power source to destroy enemy fleets with ease
              Acturus Power Source - an attempt to draw energy from this universe, essentially a super ZPM, unstable and flawed experiment
              Time Dilation Device - temporal field that can be accelerated or slowed down around a set radius

Puddle Jumper
              Defence Satellite
              Aurora Warship
              City Ship

Ori
              Alteran brother species, remained in home galaxy. Ascended now, created humans as well. Want completely faith of their subjects. Advanced technology.

Stave Weapon - staff like weapon which fires a white bolt of energy, can kill

Supergate - massive space gate that is composed of segments sent by the normal stargate, created by collapsing a planet into a blackhole connected to another supergate created from a planet turned into a blackhole. Can transport ships from one galaxy to another.
              Weapon Satellite - satelite that fires a beam weapon that does enormous damage to a ship, has strong shields
              Ring Transporter - same as mentioned before

Warship

Tok'Ra
              'Against Ra' Resistance Movement, true symbiotes as they live peacefully within hosts. Dedicated spy movement to destruction of the Goa'uld.

Symbiote Poison - specially created poison that targets a symbiote and kills them, kills the host as wellas the symbiote dies
              Crystal Tunnels - specific tunnels made of crystal
              Subspace Communication - secret method of keeping track of enemy ships
              Reol Chemical - produced chemical that allows an imprinting of an individual into anothers memory
              Symbiote Extractor - not shown but is known to be present among the tok'ra, device that can remove a symbiote from a host without killing the host
              Za'tarc Detector - lie detector device that monitors the eyelid to determine hidden lies
              Portable Shield Generator - small device attached to doors, projects a shield wall, can be directional allowing people in but nothing out unless disabled

Tollan
              Currently believed to be dead, attacked by Anubis. Did not suffer from a Dark Age. Believed their technology would protect them from harm. Good terms with Nox. Created a Stargate with Nox help.

Weapon Disabler - device attached inside building doorways, disables primitive weapons (human guns) or advanced weapons
              Long Range Communicator - powerful communication device that allows faster then light signaling of others
              Phase Device - armband that makes the wearer out of phase allowing them to pass through solid matter
              Phase Bombs - bomb device that can phase through solid matter
              Planetary Ion Cannon - large automated weapon that fires bolts of energy that can penetrate conventional shields
              Tollan Stargate - a tollan created version of the stargate, created with help from the Nox
              Symbiote Lock - device that can control which individual takes control of a host body, a goa'uld symbiote or its host

Nox
              Member of the Ancient Alliance, pacifists.

Floating City - large floating city around Nox home world, capabilities are unknown, were cloaked by Nox.

Genii
              Primitive humans who have 1950's level technology, excellent spies

Projectile Weapons - shotgun like weapons
              Atomic Bombs - primitive weapons that are similar to Earth during World War 2

Aschen
              Advanced in some fields, primitive in others. Not very knowledgeable on stargate, very weak hyperdrives. Good in bio-weapons and create stars from a gas giant.

Transporter Platform - similar to the ring transporter but no ring, transports from one platform to another platform
              Laser Pods - fires bolts of energy that can kill people
              Bio-weapon - genetically created virus that can target specific DNA
              Harvester - large floating barge that gathers crop foods and transfers to the stargate

Will detail them later but hope this helps for now, and still there is more
              Last edited by Prior_of_the_Ori; 09 March 2006, 12:47 PM.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Thankyou so much for this my freind, this is great i am updating as we speak.

Comment

No problem, just updated again as well and trying to remember more stuff. Remember though, if you want more detail on the stuff you can always use the omnipedia, could try and get links for the stuff as well if you want.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Updated again.

Comment

Thanks mate, this is a great help

Comment

Updated again a bit, but apparently i can't put much more in that post so in my next post will detail more stuff i can remember/find. Can't do it now though but just saying and bumping this up for you.

Comment

Thanks mate, i have been doing the fiction that i needed, and i have used all the units that you have suggested, due to the small ammount of attack and defence weapons we have on the Nox i left them out.

Comment

Alteran
                            Gate Shield - energy shield surrounding the gate, prevents and destroys matter forming from the stargate
                            Control Chair - command chair that reacts by the thoughts of those with the Ancient gene, commands drones telepathically to target
                            Ancient Healing Device - box like device that heals injuries however with humans it drives them slowly insane and kills them but reanimates them making them zombie like creatures

Goa'uld
                            Gate Shield - same as above

Anubis
                            Brain Interlink Probe - small device that is implanted in the brain to extract information

Also I made a query in the fan fiction area about what this is for so just asking again oh and while the Nox are pacifists you could always mix them in with the Tollans considering they and the Tollans were on good terms before the Tollans were killed off by Anubis.

Comment

Goa'uld
                              Vo'cume - small device that projects a hologram with a recording, hologram is giant sized
                              Particle Accelerator - energy beam that can break apart solid matter around a stargate like the iris, can be used against ships, used by Sokar

Anubis
                              Lightning Gun - weapon on specially created flagship, required a high powered energy source, fires a yellowish bolt of energy that can destroy ships or a planet by hitting the stargate
                              Asgard Hologram - holographic projection

Asgard
                              Intergalactic Drive - allows travel to other galaxies
                              Asgard shielding - superior to conventional shielding
                              Communication Stone - stone like device that allows communication with the Asgard nearby
                              Hammer - device not far from a stargate, scans a target and if the target is a goa'uld infested host then the individual is transferred into a cavern system, one exit through a device that kills the symbiote

Alterans
                              Intergalactic Drive - allows travel to other galaxies
                              Modified Puddle Jumper - carries a time travel device

Tau'ri
                              Experimental Plasma Weapon - still being developed, works similar to 'Star Treks photon torpedo
                              Mimic Holographic Emitter - alien device left behind from a Foothold situation, projects a recorded holographic image disguising the user as another person
                              Asgard Sensors - Asgard sensors, very acurate and required for Asgard beam transporter to work
                              Asgard Beam Transporter - same as in Asgard section
                              Intergalactic Drive - allows movement to other galaxies
                              Asgard Shielding - same as Asgard description
                              Ring Transporter - same as before
                              Avenger Computer Virus - specially created virus that deactivates a stargate, was used against earth by the goa'uld after an attempt against Baals stargate
                              Particle Accelerator - device that breaks apart solid matter blocking a stargate
                              EMP Gun - device that fires a burst of electromagnetic energy, can disable unshielded targets

Comment

Working...
                              X