This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should they Take off....?

We know Altantis can fly, and though it needs it's ZPM's its still a question to ask.

Now, I dunno about all of you but I think they should just find all the ZPM's they need or some other power source (what do the wraith use?), because the whole "We've got fancy stuff, but we can't use it" is really becoming an irritating itch. We want to see them use this stuff, not just find it. Give 'em ZPM's or some such thing, I think they deserve them after two seasons.

Anyways, if they do ever get ZPM's, I think they should just leave the Pegasus, as a backup plan anyways, if they can't eliminate the wraith threat. of course, they shouldn't abandon all the people. So they could travel around from planet to planet (on atlantis) and go and pick up any people who want to leave, ship them from time to time on the Deadalus (back to MWG) so that Atlantis doesn't clog up.

I dunno, I guess I just think that City has been on the water for far too long. They should leave, take everyone, and have the wraith starve or eat each other to death.

Originally posted by Sauron18
    We know Altantis can fly, and though it needs it's ZPM's its still a question to ask.

Now, I dunno about all of you but I think they should just find all the ZPM's they need or some other power source (what do the wraith use?), because the whole "We've got fancy stuff, but we can't use it" is really becoming an irritating itch. We want to see them use this stuff, not just find it. Give 'em ZPM's or some such thing, I think they deserve them after two seasons.

Anyways, if they do ever get ZPM's, I think they should just leave the Pegasus, as a backup plan anyways, if they can't eliminate the wraith threat. of course, they shouldn't abandon all the people. So they could travel around from planet to planet (on atlantis) and go and pick up any people who want to leave, ship them from time to time on the Deadalus (back to MWG) so that Atlantis doesn't clog up.

I dunno, I guess I just think that City has been on the water for far too long. They should leave, take everyone, and have the wraith starve or eat each other to death.
    I would imagine making the city fly would use a significant amount of the ZPMs' power, if not all of it. That power would be better spent powering the shields. I mean, what's the good of moving it if once it gets wherever it's going they've got no power to defend it? Also bringing it back to the MW is dangerous because any planet they put it on, someone's bound to find out about it, the Lucian Alliance or the Ori or Baal, and come after it. The only place it would really be safe if it's power is depleted would be Earth, but a giant city landing anywhere would almost definitly reveal the program to the public.

Also right now Earth is still kinda defenseless since the ZPM is in Atlantis. So in the event that they do find extra ZPMs, instead of using them to make the city fly it'd be better to send them back to Earth to power the Ancient defense outpost, or to boost the shields and engines of our ships since they will likely have to start fighting the Ori.

Comment

What use would a ZPM be of on Earth? They don't have anything there that is in need of a ZPM.

I dunno, I just think the idea of seeing the city fly again is quite cool, would be pretty awesome.

Comment

I dont think Atlantis is ready to fly , and even if they can get it to fly why would they tak it back to earth . They have a big threat to earth called the Wraith , then need to get ride of them first before going home .

Comment

What use would a ZPM be of on Earth? They don't have anything there that is in need of a ZPM.

I dunno, I just think the idea of seeing the city fly again is quite cool, would be pretty awesome.
          *Ahem* The ancient outpost? The very place they discovered the coordinates to Atlantis? The place that saved Earth from Anubis' armada!??!

Do you even watch Stargate? Or maybe you missed "Lost city" parts one and two...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Don't forget powering the Stargate for an eight-chevron wormhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
              *Ahem* The ancient outpost? The very place they discovered the coordinates to Atlantis? The place that saved Earth from Anubis' armada!??!

Do you even watch Stargate? Or maybe you missed "Lost city" parts one and two...
              Ahem, the outpost is depleted.

That 8 symbol thing is a good point though.

Anyways, I don't mean now or in Season 3, I just mean as a possible future, as in "Near the end" Atlantis.

Comment

Spoiler:
                They got extra drones in "The Tower" so perhaps they could send those back along with any extra ZPMs they find.

Comment

If/When SG-1 is cancelled, and if there is not any Earth-based spin-off to replace it, perhaps Atlantis should return to Earth. That way we still have Atlantis, plus we can do Earth-based storylines. Having Earth's primary Stargate in Antarctica would make sense if by then the gate control went completely international. The SGC could be a back-up/auxilliary facility. Who knows, maybe the Atlantis gate could run concurrently with the SGC gate. That way the U.S. gets to have a gate, and the rest of the world can share the Atlantis gate.

That would be a very interesting show.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    If/When SG-1 is cancelled, and if there is not any Earth-based spin-off to replace it, perhaps Atlantis should return to Earth. That way we still have Atlantis, plus we can do Earth-based storylines. Having Earth's primary Stargate in Antarctica would make sense if by then the gate control went completely international. The SGC could be a back-up/auxilliary facility. Who knows, maybe the Atlantis gate could run concurrently with the SGC gate. That way the U.S. gets to have a gate, and the rest of the world can share the Atlantis gate.

That would be a very interesting show.
                    That wouldn't work because it all persons using it would go to the primary gate, unless they asked the Russians for help.
                    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                      That wouldn't work because it all persons using it would go to the primary gate, unless they asked the Russians for help.
                      I imagine that the Atlantis database would have the information necessary to configure the two Earth gates to be able to work concurrently, which would include a separate address for the Atlantis gate.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

It would be kinda cool if the SGC moved their headquarters to Atlantis

Comment

Atlantis will come to Earth near the end of the series when humanity REALLY needs it to help defend Earth against the Ori invasion.
                          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Well, keep in mind that the Ancients built more than one city-ship. Atlantis just happened to be the main one. There are others out there.

As for the the end of SG-1... that could happen in grand style. The Ori attempt a full scale invasion of the earth. The SGC program is finally revealed to the public. An international and interplanetary force attempts to defend the earth... with all of earth's ally's coming to help in return for all the help we've given them over the past decade. Suddenly, out of nowhere arrives not just one, but several of these ancient city-ships, will fully powered ZPM's and equiped with Ori-killing super weapons designed by Merlin and constructed with the help of unascended ancients discovered to still be living in the Pegasus galaxy. The series closes with the destruction of the Ori, and a new public, international base for the SGC program, located on the floating city ship located out in the open ocean. And to top it off, at the very end, Daniel, who by this time has evolved into a superhuman, finally ascends as the credits roll...

Comment

That 8 symbol thing is a good point though.

Anyways, I don't mean now or in Season 3, I just mean as a possible future, as in "Near the end" Atlantis.
                              You need to look at the Siege pt.2 because Colonel Everett clearly said that the outpost on Earth control thousands of the things. Trust me, if the ZPM were on earth the outpost would be the first place it would be headed especially with the Ori threat now.

Comment

Working...
                              X