This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gate to pegasus

couldn't it be possible for Earth to use the energy produced by a nuclear power plant(wire the gate to the plant etc...) instead of using a ZPM to dial a gate to another galaxy?

or that's not enough juice?
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Doubt it would even come close, naquada generators dont come close and I would estimate that the two have similar power outputs.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I doubt even a naquada fussion reactor would produce as much energy as requiered, and thats 400x more powerful than a naquada fission reactor.
      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

I think by using reactors based on the Mark IX we may be able to dial without a ZPM, but we would need a lot of them, and werent they Naquadria based? Very unstable
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

naq generators are the same or better than nuclear. hell just replace those huge massive plants with one little from for the naq generator. bye bye oil dependancy. to bad the SG1 president isn't our real one

Comment

A Mark IV reactor might be able to power the gate but probably limited. It was able to power the chair for a limited time so it might be possible to gate for like 3 minutes probably less.

Comment

so i don't see what's the problem...couldn't they use a lot of those mark IV generators to power the gate from earth....or to power the odissey or any other ship...or better, when the ori show up, they'll be able to power up earth's defences with lots of mark IV :d

Comment

I think eventually they'll reverse the damage cammy did to that ZPM. Then they could power the gate. Either that or they'll leave it and use it to make the Ori go boom boom.

Comment

Cammy? You're referring to Camulus, from Season 8.

I recall O'Neill calling him "Camel-Head" to Ba'al.

Comment

funny thing...i just watched that episode yesterday ).... interesting theories about that zpm...i bet the asgard can fix the zpm

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack
                      so i don't see what's the problem...couldn't they use a lot of those mark IV generators to power the gate from earth....or to power the odissey or any other ship...or better, when the ori show up, they'll be able to power up earth's defences with lots of mark IV :d
                      Didn't McKay say the mark IV generators power at a barely controlled overload? hence this is why it generates alot of power and only lasts for a short time. In Letters From Pegasus, he hooked up all the naquadah generators in Atlantis to open a a wormhole to Earth for a really short period of time, because it runs the risk of the generators going into overload. I guess it would be even more dangerous to hook up multiple mark IV generators to the gate.
                      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

so we had a ZPM and someone broke it?
                        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                          so we had a ZPM and someone broke it?
                          then its unfixable, unless replaced.

Comment

No no no.

We found a ZPM on some planet back in Zero Hour, but it was tainted. We can't use it, unless we want to blow up the Earth.

And isn't it the Mark 2 Generator?

Comment

Working...
                            X