This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before the Ancients: They were not the first

The universe is between 14 and 16 billion years old. The milky way galaxy could be as old as 13 billion years.

Alterans came to the milky way about 50 million years ago. About 5 million years ago they left for pegasus, because of the plague.

10,000 years ago they came back to the milky way, the remainder died out or ascended.

My questions is this. Were the Alterans the first advanced race in the universe?

Did the Alterans come across any ruins or signs of an advanced race having been in the milky way before them?

I mean, isn't 13 billion years a long time for nothing to happen, or were the Ori and the Ancients the first?
    Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

The ancients left the MW about 3 millions years ago (Ayana was 3 million years old and she was there when atlantis left)

And as far as we are concerned, the ancients and Ori were infact the first race.
    But we ofcourse don't know how long the Nox, Furlings, Asgard and all the other races we've encountered have been in the universe.

But seeing as the Ancients came from a different galaxy where they have been for a very long time (they invented stargates and transport rings there afterall)
    so i wouldn't be suprised if the ancients was a race that lived for over 100 million years. And they are infact still 'alive' as ascended beings
    error: signature not found

Comment

Probably in this part of the universe. Other places, probably not. It's a big universe, something like 100billion light years across and growing.
      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

So far i think it seems that the Ancients were the first race to roam the galaxy but then again not much is explained on the others so we may never truely know for certain. By others i mean races like the Asgard, Furlings and Nox.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

seems like it

Comment

i really think there is lot more then what we think and more that the show itself couse unlock . we have one seen two galaxies , but there is 4 that we know of so far .

Asgards galaxy - home of the asgards and where the first reports of the REPLICATORS even if the replicators started in are galaxy .

MILKYWAY galaxy - are home galaxy where SG-1 and earth is based off of .

Pegasus Galaxy - Where we send a team out there to find out more of what the Ancients where like . so far we have learnned very little of them .

ORI galaxy - Long ago the Alterans live together with each other learnnign about the galaxies and life , but later on split in to 2 factions . both later on learned how to ascend on there own . One faction became the Ancient and the other faction became the Ori . the Ori setup in there own galaxy think they where GOD couse of there new powers . So the Ori galaxy is ruled but the Ori in a god like faction .

I have a feeling that the NOX are from some other galalxy that got lost to them MILLIONS of years ago . The Furlings them selfs are posted in some galaxy that has there own gate system too , we just need to learn there address .

I also belive that there is more out there , alot mroe galaxies and world to visit . As far as the Alterans being the first race in the galaxies , i would say no . I think there where alot more then the Ancients , and we will learn about them from others .

The Ancients need tle learn about ASCENTION from someone , or at the least hear about it from some other race , right ?

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
              i really think there is lot more then what we think and more that the show itself couse unlock . we have one seen two galaxies , but there is 4 that we know of so far .

Asgards galaxy - home of the asgards and where the first reports of the REPLICATORS even if the replicators started in are galaxy .

MILKYWAY galaxy - are home galaxy where SG-1 and earth is based off of .

Pegasus Galaxy - Where we send a team out there to find out more of what the Ancients where like . so far we have learnned very little of them .

ORI galaxy - Long ago the Alterans live together with each other learnnign about the galaxies and life , but later on split in to 2 factions . both later on learned how to ascend on there own . One faction became the Ancient and the other faction became the Ori . the Ori setup in there own galaxy think they where GOD couse of there new powers . So the Ori galaxy is ruled but the Ori in a god like faction .

I have a feeling that the NOX are from some other galalxy that got lost to them MILLIONS of years ago . The Furlings them selfs are posted in some galaxy that has there own gate system too , we just need to learn there address .

I also belive that there is more out there , alot mroe galaxies and world to visit . As far as the Alterans being the first race in the galaxies , i would say no . I think there where alot more then the Ancients , and we will learn about them from others .

The Ancients need tle learn about ASCENTION from someone , or at the least hear about it from some other race , right ?
              Good points Pitbull. I do think there is alot of backstory here that would fill in the enigma that are the ancients. How did they develop? Maybe they did learn about ascension from other races. If so, are those races interacting with the ancients as ascended beings? Have they ascended higher than the ancients and Ori? A big brother coming down to put them both in their place is as interesting as the proposed concept in Arthur's Mantle.
              Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

Um i think the unviverse is alot older than 13 billion years old that estimate is just based of the big bang theory . However the Universe is much larger than we can see and i think Big bangs happen all over the Universe the natural refreshing of the unvierse that matter expands then reforms back together. so 13 billion may just be the mark of the last big bang not the age of al lthe universe itself.

Comment

I was always under the impression that the MW galaxy is the home of the Nox but they arnt active and considering that two members of the Alliance came from separate galaxies, well its entirely possible the Furlings are from another one as well. Though the question remains if in this other galaxy there is a stargate network. I mean the Furlings have their own long range transportation device, namely the Archway which is in some ways superior to the Stargate and other ways inferior to it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by ZPM_Plant
                    My questions is this. Were the Alterans the first advanced race in the universe?
                    Probably not. I too feel there's a really high chance intelligent life evolved billions of years before the Alterans arrived.

I'm pretty convinced there is and has been lots of intelligent life in our (real) universe too. But unless we find ways to travel a lot faster than light we'll probably never see it.

Did the Alterans come across any ruins or signs of an advanced race having been in the milky way before them?
                    Maybe, maybe not. If a civilization has been extinct for millions of years I don't expect there will be much ruins or signs left.

No I think the Ancients didn't learn about ascention from another race. Although it could be possible that other races have ascended much earlier than the Ancients. Our universe is huge and lots of things are possible in more than 10 billion years time.

Comment

I'd like an older race to come along and start GRRING because were mucking things up so much....new non religious bad guys...but wed SO get our arses kicked we wouldnt last 2 episodes.
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Ok I got a question. We know that the Ancients shared their database w/ the Asgard (Asgard have only downloaded and analyzed like 3-4% of the total database, from Thor). Did the Ancients share their technology w/ the Nox and possibly the Furlings?

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                          The ancients left the MW about 3 millions years ago (Ayana was 3 million years old and she was there when atlantis left)

And as far as we are concerned, the ancients and Ori were infact the first race.
                          But we ofcourse don't know how long the Nox, Furlings, Asgard and all the other races we've encountered have been in the universe.

But seeing as the Ancients came from a different galaxy where they have been for a very long time (they invented stargates and transport rings there afterall)
                          so i wouldn't be suprised if the ancients was a race that lived for over 100 million years. And they are infact still 'alive' as ascended beings
                          We can't know this for sure. Maybe Aiyana came back from Pegasus in a spaceship.

The only thing we can be absolutely sure of about Aiyana is that she was on Atlantis when it lift off! She and that other guy were staring at each other. She looked out the window and the city lift off.

So she actually went to the Pegasus!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                            We can't know this for sure. Maybe Aiyana came back from Pegasus in a spaceship.

The only thing we can be absolutely sure of about Aiyana is that she was on Atlantis when it lift off! She and that other guy were staring at each other. She looked out the window and the city lift off.

So she actually went to the Pegasus!
                            No, she looked like saying goodbye to that man, and she was left behind with the antartica gate and the ancient defensesite (with the chair and drones) would make sense to leave someone behind, she was advanced enough to heal herself from the plaquevirus, she died because she used too much of her healingpowers healing SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
                              No, she looked like saying goodbye to that man, and she was left behind with the antartica gate and the ancient defensesite (with the chair and drones) would make sense to leave someone behind, she was advanced enough to heal herself from the plaquevirus, she died because she used too much of her healingpowers healing SG-1.
                              Actually, no it wouldn't. Why would you leave ONE person behind?! However, leaving SOME people behind would be logical.

I just re-watched the episode. You're right. She and that man were apparentely in the "outpost". Then a puddle jumper swung by to pick him up and then Atlantis lifted off.

Comment

Working...
                              X