Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ship on SGA what to do? (spoilers probbaly)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ship on SGA what to do? (spoilers probbaly)

I was just wondering what we should do with the Ancient Ship the orion i think we could get a crew for from earth and have as backup if the Daedalus is not there what do you think?

Probably be used in backup, since the Wraith don't know about it yet.

Comment

I heard it couldn't travell between galaxies.
      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

prob should get it fully functional first then use it as a defensive ship when Daedalus isn't around, or even when Daedalus is around

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
          I heard it couldn't travell between galaxies.
          I'm sure with us having the Asgard designed drives on the 304s, we could probably modify it.

Comment

I'm hearing the Love Boat theme......

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
              I'm sure with us having the Asgard designed drives on the 304s, we could probably modify it.
              Prometheus had Asgard designed HD's. Daedalus & Odyssey have actual HD engines, admittedly probably nowhere near as fast as one that you could get on an Asgard ship. This means that they need Asgards on board to monitor & adjust the drives when in travel. Being that the Aurora class warships are much, much larger than Daedalus class cruisers, then it'd take a whole team of Asgards a while to install one of theirs on it. Then comes the power problem, they can't replicate the Ancient energy, so they'd need either a ZPM to power it, which for constant HS travel between galaxies for nothing more than shuttle runs, would be a terrible waste. Barring that, then only Naquadria or Naquadah would do. Being that it takes 18 days on it's regular power supply & 4 with a ZPM. Then the standard Earth power source for the BC's is simply nowhere near powerful enough. To fit it with much larger Asgard drives, they would significantly need to increase their power. As of yet they don't have the capabilities to do so. Which to me means that it won't be going anywhere between galaxies.

I was just wondering what we should do with the Ancient Ship the orion i think we could get a crew for from earth and have as backup if the Daedalus is not there what do you think?
              It'll always be in or about Atlantis for protection as long as they have it. They won't get an inexperienced crew from Earth for it, simply because it's far, far, far more advanced & precious than a standard Earth cruiser. This to me means it'll get the best crew available, this would be some of the Daedalus crew & also some of the scientists from Atlantis that are familiar with Ancient tech.

The Ancients couldn't defeat the Wraith with all their Warships & tech, the Orion is only 1 ship & they people in charge of it can't create or replicate Ancient technology, so it's only going to have a single purpose & that is to defend Atlantis & it's personnel. Simply there isn't that many chocies in what to do with it!

Comment

how it's not theirs yet it's still the tirainin (sp) people's ship.

they should use it to own wraith durr

Comment

The orion can travel between galaxies. The aurora is the one that cant. They jumped a hyperspace window in the one episode before the lava killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblaster
                    The orion can travel between galaxies. The aurora is the one that cant. They jumped a hyperspace window in the one episode before the lava killed them.
                    The Aurora did have hyperdrive, just a very slow one (not intergalactic!). As the Orion is the same class of ship as the Aurora, it makes sense that it would have the same type of hyperdrive. So IMO it will not be going between galaxies anytime soon.
                    If at first you don't succeed.... try a bigger thermo-nuclear reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblaster
                      The Aurors is the Orion, same class different name. By default they don't have intergalactic hyperdrives, the Ancients in 'Aurora' were duped by the Wraith who messed about with the VR program.

The Goa'uld can open up hyperspace iwndows but they don't have intergalactic capabilities, the Wraith can open up windows as well but they don't have it.

End shot, just because somebody can open up a hyperspace window doesn't mean they can use it for intergalactic travel. When they open the windows on a standard hyperdrive it only allows them to jump short distances.

Comment

Send it over to SG1 where it gets blown up by Ori ships.....
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I say that they re-write all protocols and readouts to display the writing in english instead of ancient. That way they dont have to have computers hooked up to everything. They should get every system operational and have the asgard install a faster hyperdrive on it. Once they know everything about the ship and man it with people who know how to manipulate the systems, then they should put it on active duty.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

They do not need to install new hyperdrives, the current ones can be modified to travel intergalctic as explained in Aurora. They were planing on doing it, but something or someone stop them from doing it. Now my guest is that the ancient put in safe guards in place to stop the wraith replicating their intergalactic hyperdrive tech and so prevent them from exploring outside the pegasus galexy. All they need to do is look in the database and find instructions on how to modified ancient hyper drive from galactic to intergalactic and follow them instructions, with a asguard on the case it should not take to long.

And anyone can open up a hyperdrive window can travel to intergalactic it just how long you want your journey to take. Remember when the carter blew up the sun and their vessel travel to a other galexy and jacob said it would take hundred and fifty years travel back to their Galexy.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                              They do not need to install new hyperdrives, the current ones can be modified to travel intergalctic as explained in Aurora. They were planing on doing it, but something or someone stop them from doing it. Now my guest is that the ancient put in safe guards in place to stop the wraith replicating their intergalactic hyperdrive tech and so prevent them from exploring outside the pegasus galexy. All they need to do is look in the database and find instructions on how to modified ancient hyper drive from galactic to intergalactic and follow them instructions, with a asguard on the case it should not take to long.

And anyone can open up a hyperdrive window can travel to intergalactic it just how long you want your journey to take. Remember when the carter blew up the sun and their vessel travel to a other galexy and jacob said it would take hundred and fifty years travel back to their Galexy.
                              Thank you. I was reading all these posts about putting in Asgard hyperdrives and how long it would take and not having the power and stuff and I was like, "Hello! Aurora! Just modify the darned hyperdrive and it's no muss, no fuss."

Comment

Working...
                              X