PDA

View Full Version : The Russian BC-304

EnigmaNZ
September 14th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Hmm, for 'raise shields and prepare to return fire' I got поднимите щиты, и подготовитесь возвращать огонь(пожар) from http://ets6.freetranslation.com/
English to anything or anything to english is weird anyway as our syntax is different.

gkyun
February 15th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Does anyone know anything about the new Russian spaceship Korelev?

Apperently it's going to be based on the 303 plans.

kefke20
February 15th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Does anyone know anything about the new Russian spaceship Korelev?

Apperently it's going to be based on the 303 plans.

a nother qwestion hou did the pay it

gkyun
February 15th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Well the Russians got quite a lot of money for letting SGC using their gate, since the original Giza gate was blown to pieces in outer space in s.7.

Major Melton
February 15th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Got they are a pain, but the S.G.C did agree to the deal.

gkyun
February 15th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Anyone knows what the new ship's going to look like?

BlackBaron
February 15th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Anyone knows what the new ship's going to look like?

Probably a BC-303 (Daedalus-Class)

V-MAN
February 15th, 2006, 05:42 AM

Russia ain't poor as it was in the 1990s they are very well off atm.

Sparda
February 15th, 2006, 05:59 AM
I hope that it is a BIG ASS Ship;) it's a fact that russian can make quite nice ships but we will see when the time is there

gkyun
February 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM
This may be a wild idea, but wouldn't it be cool if the arm forces of all the countries aware of the stargate programme come together for the sole purpose of defending Earth. Probably a military arm of the International Committee.

npattis
February 15th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Well the Russians got quite a lot of money for letting SGC using their gate, since the original Giza gate was blown to pieces in outer space in s.7.

Actually the gate they are using is the Giza gate. It was the Antarctica gate that blown to pieces. :D

ancientaction
February 15th, 2006, 06:11 AM
it was the DHD that the russians had to let us use. but.. uh. we broke that.

gkyun
February 15th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Actually the gate they are using is the Giza gate. It was the Antarctica gate that blown to pieces. :D

I thought the Russians stole the Antartica gate when it was sunk into the ocean.

When Anubis's weapon destroyed the Giza gate, SGC had to "borrow" the gate they got.

RoMUS
February 15th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Well you know they are goin to make the russian ships look crap for some reason,and they will only end up fightin eachother

V-MAN
February 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Well you know they are goin to make the russian ships look crap for some reason,and they will only end up fightin eachother

I heard it get's blown up on it's first outing.

BlackBaron
February 15th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I heard it get's blown up on it's first outing.

That sucks!

ViperrepiV
February 15th, 2006, 07:55 AM
But will the Russians have an Asgard on their ships? Or a better question would be, would the Asgard even give them any technology in the first place?

Klorel
February 15th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't think so. What have the Russians ever done for the Asgard? I don't think O'neill would like that. And with the Asgard, what O'neill says usually goes.

BlackBaron
February 15th, 2006, 08:11 AM
But will the Russians have an Asgard on their ships? Or a better question would be, would the Asgard even give them any technology in the first place?

Of course they would get asgard tech. But I don't think they will get an Asgard onboard. Why would they send one Asgard on every one of our ships? It does not appear to be any on the Odyssey.

BlackBaron
February 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't think so. What have the Russians ever done for the Asgard? I don't think O'neill would like that. And with the Asgard, what O'neill says usually goes.

The Russians have supported the US. And it is the best interest of the Asgard that we have a few ships with good technology.

Klorel
February 15th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Of course they would get asgard tech. But I don't think they will get an Asgard onboard. Why would they send one Asgard on every one of our ships? It does not appear to be any on the Odyssey.
Maybe we just needed time to learn the tech.

The Russians have supported the US. And it is the best interest of the Asgard that we have a few ships with good technology.
Good point.

gkyun
February 15th, 2006, 08:29 AM
If the Asgard tech was provided by the US, there won't be any fuss about the Asgard's presence.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 08:52 AM

spoilers:

Yes there is. His name is kvasir, though I'm not sure if he's there yet.

Also

spoilers:

The ship does indeed get destroyed, in episode 1 of season 10. it is destroyed by the Ori:

Adria is leading the conquest of the planet, on board a ship that has landed on the surface. Vala hopes to sway her daughter, challenging her decision to slaughter innocent people.

Carter radios the Ori ships in the hopes of contacting any survivors of the Korelev, an Earth ship apparently destroyed by the Ori (probably how Daniel wound up on board). Daniel finds his radio and responds, assuring Sam that he made it okay. He and Vala hope to zat Adria and capture her. (from the season ten folder)

Unamed
February 15th, 2006, 09:03 AM
spoilers:

Yes there is. His name is kvasir, though I'm not sure if he's there yet.

Also

spoilers:

The ship does indeed get destroyed, in episode 1 of season 10. it is destroyed by the Ori:

Adria is leading the conquest of the planet, on board a ship that has landed on the surface. Vala hopes to sway her daughter, challenging her decision to slaughter innocent people.

Carter radios the Ori ships in the hopes of contacting any survivors of the Korelev, an Earth ship apparently destroyed by the Ori (probably how Daniel wound up on board). Daniel finds his radio and responds, assuring Sam that he made it okay. He and Vala hope to zat Adria and capture her. (from the season ten folder)

Yea it makes sense for it to be destroyed as it keeps up the tension of the Ori having destroyed 2 of our ships and it means there will be no conflicts etc between US and Russia with ships.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Yea it makes sense for it to be destroyed as it keeps up the tension of the Ori having destroyed 2 of our ships and it means there will be no conflicts etc between US and Russia with ships.

Yeah, but we all know if it came down to it the Russian ships would'nt stand a chance against the american ships

(Mainly because there are more and have asgard on them, nothing against the 'skill' of the russians;))

I hope it's a prometheus style ship, that would kinda make sense saying as I do'nt even know if they got the plans for the daedalus.

Sparda
February 15th, 2006, 09:16 AM
why we don't wait and see maybe the russians wil own the americans
IMO the russians are bad ass

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM

Spoiler:
umm... no, considering their ONLY ship goes boom on it's first outing. Ahh what a shame.

V-MAN
February 15th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Spoiler:
umm... no, considering their ONLY ship goes boom on it's first outing. Ahh what a shame.

Yes because a sci-fi show written by americans would reflect how good the Russians really are vs the US wouldn't it *rolls eyes*

In my experience Russians are far more professional and "bad ass" than Americans could ever hope to be.

Nero
February 15th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Spoiler:

umm... better to be destroyed by actual Ori Warships than by a satelite cobbled together by a Retro '50s civilization. Doesn't say much for Prometheus, which was for over 4 years the U.S' ONLY ship.

Yes because a sci-fi show written by americans would reflect how good the Russians really are vs the US wouldn't it *rolls eyes*

In many fields, Russian technology surpasses that of the U.S. i.e the S-300 SAM system which was chosen by the Greeks after trialling it against the Patriot system. Also the Alfa class subs which even decomissioned are still the worlds fastest & deepest diving Attack sub, not to mention Sunburn ASMs, AK-101 A/rifles, and numerous other systems

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 09:54 AM
umm... better to be destroyed by actual Ori Warships than by a satelite cobbled together by a Retro '50s civilization. Doesn't say much for Prometheus, which was for over 4 years the U.S' ONLY ship.

And you ACTUALLY think the Russian ship could have defended itself against the Ori satalite?

V-MAN
February 15th, 2006, 09:55 AM

[Quote=V-MAN]
Yes because a sci-fi show written by americans would reflect how good the Russians really are vs the US wouldn't it *rolls eyes*[Quote]

In many fields, Russian technology surpasses that of the U.S. i.e the S-300 SAM system which was chosen by the Greeks after trialling it against the Patriot system. Also the Alfa class subs which even decomissioned are still the worlds fastest & deepest diving Attack sub, not to mention Sunburn ASMs, AK-101 A/rifles, and numerous other systems

The old alfa was a classic example of the Soviets making a massive stride in one area of technology to counter a lack in another. The alfa wasn't the quietest or the best equiped sensor wise but like you say it could dive the deepest and was the fastest at 40 knots! The fastest US torpedo at the time could only do 42 knots. It wasn't until the British spearfish which could do 72 knots was there a torp that could catch the alfa.

US sensors were capable of detecting anomalies in the earths magnetic field caused by subs the soviets answer, make it out of titanium which isn't magnetic. Clever but very expensive.

V-MAN
February 15th, 2006, 09:57 AM
And you ACTUALLY think the Russian ship could have defended itself against the Ori satalite?

That remains to be seen we don't no if the BC-303 class has any shield improvements over the X-303.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM
That remains to be seen we don't no if the BC-303 class has any shield improvements over the X-303.

We don't even know if it's a bc-303 yet. Personally I think it's an X-303.

V-MAN
February 15th, 2006, 10:09 AM
We don't even know if it's a bc-303 yet. Personally I think it's an X-303.

The X means it's a prototype ie a testbed for new technologies. You make a prototype for the benefit of working out possible bugs on these new technologies, gaining a better understanding of them and to think of possible improvements on the original design. Then once that's done you build the new class of ship based on that design. Hense the X-303 onto the BC-303.

It makes no logical sense from a defence point of view for the new Russian ship to be an X-303.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Well they gave them the designs for the Prometheus, it was part of a deal, but I don't think they gave them the designs for the daedalus, so...

Nero
February 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM

You missed my point completely. Re-read your post then re-read my sarcastic take on it.

considering their ONLY ship goes boom on it's first outing

Their first out was against an Ori attack fleet. Had the Prometheus' first outing been against these odds it too would have been destroyed.
You implied because its Russian and goes "boom" on its first outing that it's inferior the American vessels. When in fact it's the circumstances of the Battle which was its undoing(Same way the Prommie gets destroyed by the Ori designed satelite)
My point was to suggest that its better to be killed by an Actual Andvanced Ori Warship than by a Satelite built using 50's technology.

:cool:

The old alfa was a classic example of the Soviets making a massive stride in one area of technology to counter a lack in another. The alfa wasn't the quietest or the best equiped sensor wise but like you say it could dive the deepest and was the fastest at 40 knots! The fastest US torpedo at the time could only do 42 knots. It wasn't until the British spearfish which could do 72 knots was there a torp that could catch the alfa.

US sensors were capable of detecting anomalies in the earths magnetic field caused by subs the soviets answer, make it out of titanium which isn't magnetic. Clever but very expensive.

When it could match pace with its only threat silence wasn't a neccessity. They were built for speed, that why the had the Liquid Metal Reactors.

The U.S had the SOSUS net in place, which was a system of underwater microphones designed to pick up sound vibrations cause by a Subs reactors and props. While Titanium was chosen to avoid magnetic anomaly detection
it also was chosen to allow deeper diving to hide beneath sea layers(correct terminology?)

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 10:23 AM
You know whats real funny, I never once actually said I thought Russian tech was inferior

Nero
February 15th, 2006, 10:40 AM
You know whats real funny, I never once actually said I thought Russian tech was inferior

You knows whats actually really funny, you implied just that.

And your reply right after....

umm... no, considering their ONLY ship goes boom on it's first outing. Ahh what a shame

Funny isn't it?;)

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Did you ever think that maybe I was refering to the fact that the Russians won't have a ship to go up against the americans as their ONLY ship blows up, so don't matter if they are better are not, they won't have a ship to battle with

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY HILARIOUS, isn't it?;)

Nero
February 15th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Did you ever think that maybe I was refering to the fact that the Russians won't have a ship to go up against the americans as their ONLY ship blows up, so don't matter if they are better are not, they won't have a ship to battle with

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY HILARIOUS, isn't it?;)

Well then, my Apologies. It was the post directly after which led me to the conclussion that this was a discussion on technolodigcal capabilities of the Russian Federation -v- that of the U.S.A.

A Point on which I was mistaken. ;)

Peoples_General
February 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM
The Korelev's first outting is against the Ori fleet. Im sure the Odyssey, and the Daedalous would get obliterated as well if their first action was against the Ori.

Please don't get into any retarded/racist nation bashing, its stupid.

I hope that we see more Earth ships being built by the US, Russia, China, and other nations.

Brickster
February 15th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Here is your preview, I have more, maybe I'll post some later:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Brickster/13020107.jpg

Peoples_General
February 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I do not see any cyrillic writing.... :P

Is that really the Korelev or is it just a pic of the Daedalous or Odyssey.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I hope that we see more Earth ships being built by the US, Russia, China, and other nations.

*cough*Britain*cough*;)

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Here is your preview, I have more, maybe I'll post some later:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Brickster/13020107.jpg

GREAT PIC!

Brickster
February 15th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Just wait til you see what they have in the hangers.

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Lookin forward to it!

Peoples_General
February 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I smell a new class of fighters? It would be nice to see some new design of the F-302.... OR... should I say either Su-302 or MiG-302? :mckayanime09:

SGFerrit
February 15th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Plese, DON'T KEEP US IN SUSPENSE!!!

valha'lla
February 15th, 2006, 03:27 PM
A life times suply of vodka by any chance :lol: sorry could not reist.
seriously tell us whats really in the hangers also i wonder what it cost to build one of these ships now that they are working on an existing design.

Erised
February 15th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I can't help but feel offended by this. Know the facts before you post.

Brickster
February 15th, 2006, 04:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Brickster/13020114.jpg

Peoples_General
February 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM

I feel the same way too. Im not Russian, but my girl is and I've always had a respect and fascination for the 2 Asian powers of China and Russia. Yeah, I consider Russia to be Asiatic. :P

Anyhow, they pay for the same way the pay for the development of the Tupol lowflying and super-sonic ICBM. The Su-37 Berkut, the Ka-50 Hokum, the Type-95 tank, and many more.

I also see NOTHING coming out of the hangar.

Brickster
February 15th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I also see NOTHING coming out of the hangar.

Well I wouldn't want to ruin the future episodes for you.

Peoples_General
February 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I don't mind. I like looking into the future. :D

marlowe54
February 15th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Well I wouldn't want to ruin the future episodes for you.

C'Mon people, Brickster doesn't have any pictures of the Korelev, rather he's posting Daedalus-Oddysey Pix....there are no distinguishable marks on these pix that would lead anyone to believe that this is the Korelev.

Brickster
February 15th, 2006, 07:01 PM
C'Mon people, Brickster doesn't have any pictures of the Korelev, rather he's posting Daedalus-Oddysey Pix....there are no distinguishable marks on these pix that would lead anyone to believe that this is the Korelev.

I guess we have a skeptic. Well, no matter, you will know in a few weeks.

Peoples_General
February 15th, 2006, 07:03 PM
The pics he's posting are on an angle that neither the Daedalus nor Odyssey has been shown in any episode.

Brickster
February 15th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I just as easily could have taken them from a future episode, though.

V-MAN
February 16th, 2006, 03:15 AM
The pics he's posting are on an angle that neither the Daedalus nor Odyssey has been shown in any episode.

Photoshop ftw

V-MAN
February 16th, 2006, 03:18 AM
The Korelev's first outting is against the Ori fleet. Im sure the Odyssey, and the Daedalous would get obliterated as well if their first action was against the Ori.

Please don't get into any retarded/racist nation bashing, its stupid.

Lets hope the chinese don't go using it against Tiawan or the US then.

Peoples_General
February 16th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Lets hope the chinese don't go using it against Tiawan or the US then.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OMG...

I've spent the past 15mins writing, then editing, then deleting and writing something else to come up with a rebuttle against this most ludicrus statement.

But alas, why bother opening up his eyes. The attempt will be about as useful as when Cam, Landry, and co. were trying to tell the truth about the Ori to "cancer-man Prior".:yu: :yu: :yu:

CHINAAAAA!!!! :P

V-MAN
February 16th, 2006, 06:02 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OMG...

I've spent the past 15mins writing, then editing, then deleting and writing something else to come up with a rebuttle against this most ludicrus statement.

But alas, why bother opening up his eyes. The attempt will be about as useful as when Cam, Landry, and co. were trying to tell the truth about the Ori to "cancer-man Prior".:yu: :yu: :yu:

CHINAAAAA!!!! :P

What's ludicrus about that then? The only thing that's keeping China in check for the moment it their technological inferiority of NATO and Russia.

Roll your eyes all you want but you might wanna open them before hand.....

Lord Zedd
February 16th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I thought the Russians stole the Antartica gate when it was sunk into the ocean.

When Anubis's weapon destroyed the Giza gate, SGC had to "borrow" the gate they got.
No you are mistaken. See first they had the Giza stargate witch they beamed up aboard Thor's ship. They used it to dial out. The ship crashed in the ocean. Hammond ordered to unseal the Beta stargate (the one from Antartica) SG.1 was stuck for a time on a planet. I remember Gen Hammond giving O'Neill the order to take a shower. The Giza gate ended up in Russian hands. In Redemption part 2 the Antartica , Beta gate was destroyed by Anubis

Ouroboros
February 16th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I just hope the Russians have the sense to put some actual weapons on theirs as opposed to the American approach of pretty lights intended to warm alien hearts with the magic of laughter.

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Well the russians have some amazing missile systems, much better then their western counterparts. SAM-systems, extreme range air-to-air missiles, Shipwreck...

EDIT: So while these wouldn't be that good in space it shows that the Russians defense industry have the capability and knowledge to develop superior missile systems.

Peoples_General
February 16th, 2006, 10:22 PM
What's ludicrus about that then? The only thing that's keeping China in check for the moment it their technological inferiority of NATO and Russia.

Roll your eyes all you want but you might wanna open them before hand.....

Whats ludicrus is that a person like you sucks up the sabre-rattling of some politicians namely Bush and Blair. Try to learn and understand something own your own before you start believing what they say. If you don't believe what Im gonna write here... time to head over the library as well as for you to start Googling.

China will only attack if the retarded Green Party in Taiwan declares for independence and thats something no one wants to happen. US has even stated that if war breaks out between the two Chinas and it was Taiwan that instigated it, there will be no military support for Taiwan. Again the threat of war itself is nothing but a tool to keep the status quo. Much like the whole "nuclear deterence" policy of many countries with nukes keeps them from being attacked by another nation.

Anyhow, it's an internal matter for China (both PRC and ROC) much like the American Civil War was for the US. But this something highly unlikely to happen as China has other tactics such as becoming far wealthier than Taiwan, that war is something that would be devastating to both their economies.

China is not the Soviet Union, China is not the US, and throughout their history the Chinese have generally kept to themselves. Most wars they conducted were internal for political power purposes or defensive against invading "barbarians" as well as fighting back and taking over the invader's land. Thats how China gained places like Xinjiang, Tibet, and Manchuria because in the past people from those regions invaded China only to be pushed back and have the favor returned to them. Not saying that the people from these regions are "barbarians" but they have been regarded as that in Chinese history. It's still something we ourselves do today in the West.

Even if China becomes a democracy, it will end up as being something different the same way communism was transformed. They like to take the parts of a concept thats most useful for their own purposes. If you look at China today their quite capitalistic in their marketing activities, yet authoritarian in their governance. IMO, the communist party which practices capitalism.... is nothing more than a party version of what would have been an imperial dynasty. However, this rise in weath, a growing middle class, and etc. will only create the general desire of all Chinese to have their say in how things are run or they can just join the party and become the ones actually running the country. The way I see it, much like other Asian countries they became authoritarian first then democratized later on after the authoritarian government has built up the economy. My own homeland the Philippines, took the opposite route... and well... go and compare it to others like China, S.Korea, Japan, Thailand, and Malaysia. Who is better off?

Another helpful way to learn and understand China aside from going there and experiencing it yourself, is to read up on things like Confucianism, Legalism, Buddhism, and IMO the biggest influence in Chinese philosophy especially in mordern China... Sun Tzu: Bing Fa (The Art of War).

End of understanding the Chinese mindset and history. :P

---------------

Another thing you should keep in mind that this is the STARGATE universe we're talking about. So keep the real-world politics out of this "BC-303 built by other countries" discussion as the ships don't even exist in real life. PLEASE, go back on topic!

kefke20
February 17th, 2006, 10:41 AM

yes i do
by corpsion in ther on goverment, the only one wit the rael mony ar the russian elite
a middel class russian man/womon will agree wit that.

kefke20
February 17th, 2006, 11:02 AM
and i have the out most respect for the russian war machien
if there ware no a-boms and the cold war became hot we wil be defetet

to date the russian warships admiraal nachimov, admiraal lazarev and 2 oter of the kirivo clas are the most powerfull ships on the sea
1 ship of this class can thak on a us carriar groep by him self

AndyStargateUK
February 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I bet it's the next ship to get blown up, if there is one thing consistent in the Stargate universe Russian things either fall apart (the mini submarine,despite it being swiss built!), or the soldiers get killed in a far greater number compared to any U.S forces like SG1 around.
Russian people or property is like the red jumper of Stargate.

V-MAN
February 17th, 2006, 11:23 AM
and i have the out most respect for the russian war machien
if there ware no a-boms and the cold war became hot we wil be defetet

to date the russian warships admiraal nachimov, admiraal lazarev and 2 oter of the kirivo clas are the most powerfull ships on the sea
1 ship of this class can thak on a us carriar groep by him self

Oh do behave, it would be raped by a barrage of missiles from over the horizon. Modern naval warfare comes down to how far you can project force, with a US carrier group that's limited to the range of it's aircraft and the range of it's radar on the Hawkeyes. How's a Kirov battle group gonna match that? The Soviet counter to US carrier groups was always the Backfires, in typical Russian fashion they countered something a different way (airforce vs naval force instead of naval force vs naval force) and did it much cheaper.

V-MAN
February 17th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I bet it's the next ship to get blown up, if there is one thing consistent in the Stargate universe Russian things either fall apart (the mini submarine,despite it being swiss built!), or the soldiers get killed in a far greater number compared to any U.S forces like SG1 around.
Russian people or property is like the red jumper of Stargate.

Yup lol if they ain't american in shows like stargate expect them to foul up in some way and have to be rescued by their more competant american collegues or they just get wasted.

And yes the new russian ship get's blown to bits in it's first outing.

aAnubiSs
February 17th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Oh do behave, it would be raped by a barrage of missiles from over the horizon. Modern naval warfare comes down to how far you can project force, with a US carrier group that's limited to the range of it's aircraft and the range of it's radar on the Hawkeyes. How's a Kirov battle group gonna match that? The Soviet counter to US carrier groups was always the Backfires, in typical Russian fashion they countered something a different way (airforce vs naval force instead of naval force vs naval force) and did it much cheaper.
The russian strategy would've been to launch a massive amount of shipwreck missiles. These puppies are extremely good at their job, which is 'hinted' by their name.

V-MAN
February 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
The russian strategy would've been to launch a massive amount of shipwreck missiles. These puppies are extremely good at their job, which is 'hinted' by their name.

You can't shoot at what you can't see and a US carrier group will see any other battle group 1st because of the hawkeye sentry aircraft. Americans never feared Soviet naval battle groups but they sure as hell feared the Backfires, they had the ability to get in close launch their massive barrage of missiles then get out again at over Mach 2.

I've seen one of these beauties up close and they are mighty impressive, it's almost the size of a passenger plane :P

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/880/20041015backfire017cr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Americans hated this plane so much they wanted it's reduction under the SALT negotiations where they tried to argue that it was an intercontinental bomber.

CommanderThor69
February 17th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Holy Hell, you people are pathetic, how did this get from a talk of the new Russian ship, to who would win in a war againts the nations on our world. Has it occured to you that the nations on our world might finally be setting their petty differences aside and are going to fight the real threat, ya know, the Ori, maybe youve heard of them, they are the big bad guys the come from space, not on our own world. Rest assured, there are still some things that are unsettled between the nations of Earth, but come on, think a bit, we are talking about the stargate universe, not the real world, the things that are being brought up are relivent for our world, but this is a forum for stargate, not international polotics, so maybe we can get back to the russian ship and other nations ships, what they will look like and how effective they will be with the enemies elswhere in the galaxy. thats what i want to be discussing in a forum for SG1 and SGA

NakedJehutyV2
February 17th, 2006, 10:43 PM
holy crap? korelev's a bc 303? didn't know the US gave up the plans for it.

aAnubiSs
February 17th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Holy Hell, you people are pathetic, how did this get from a talk of the new Russian ship, to who would win in a war againts the nations on our world. Has it occured to you that the nations on our world might finally be setting their petty differences aside and are going to fight the real threat, ya know, the Ori, maybe youve heard of them, they are the big bad guys the come from space, not on our own world. Rest assured, there are still some things that are unsettled between the nations of Earth, but come on, think a bit, we are talking about the stargate universe, not the real world, the things that are being brought up are relivent for our world, but this is a forum for stargate, not international polotics, so maybe we can get back to the russian ship and other nations ships, what they will look like and how effective they will be with the enemies elswhere in the galaxy. thats what i want to be discussing in a forum for SG1 and SGA
We were saying that some Russian military technology are superior to the US counterpart. That has nothing to do with politics and EVERYTHING to do with technology, which is what this subforum is about.

Lieutenant Colonel Davis
February 18th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Wow, this thread has gone into a topic that shouldn't be on these forums.

And has anyone thought that the Russians might of made more then one ship. In one year the US had 2 new ships. Once they uped the pace the US can start churning out about a half a dozen a year along with other nations.
Just a thought.

Kirath
February 18th, 2006, 09:22 AM

you're preaching to the converted. we as a group are actually argueing over who's country could build a better interstellar battle cruiser.
to the pro-russian side the Korelev isn't being blown up because it is russian, it is being sacrificed to the gods of continuity. the US has 2 ships and if one got blown up we wouldn't be able to send the Daedulus back and forth to Atlantis. and to the rest of you the russians have great military tech, they had to to keep up with us. we don't know what kind of top secret military technology the russians have, because if we did it wouldn't be a secret. the russians are a intelligent, proud and determined group of people and i'm the Korelev and its crew will reflect. as for how they managed to pay for it I'm they got the money from the same place the US got the money for its X-303 program. pennies from heaven. its a TV show, it doesn't have to make sense financially or otherwise.

valha'lla
February 18th, 2006, 10:11 AM
you're preaching to the converted. we as a group are actually argueing over who's country could build a better interstellar battle cruiser.
to the pro-russian side the Korelev isn't being blown up because it is russian, it is being sacrificed to the gods of continuity. the US has 2 ships and if one got blown up we wouldn't be able to send the Daedulus back and forth to Atlantis. and to the rest of you the russians have great military tech, they had to to keep up with us. we don't know what kind of top secret military technology the russians have, because if we did it wouldn't be a secret. the russians are a intelligent, proud and determined group of people and i'm the Korelev and its crew will reflect. as for how they managed to pay for it I'm they got the money from the same place the US got the money for its X-303 program. pennies from heaven. its a TV show, it doesn't have to make sense financially or otherwise.
yeah the russians probaly made the deal on the gate include that any advancements in the design of ships by the USA had to be given to the russians in order for them to use the gate.

kefke20
February 18th, 2006, 10:57 AM
yeah the russians probaly made the deal on the gate include that any advancements in the design of ships by the USA had to be given to the russians in order for them to use the gate.

so in the end the us pay`s for the russian fleet.
cool:sheppard:

so its same in the rael world that china loon the mony to the us foor his war in iraq ironikol? is int it

sorry for the politis and the bad spelling of cours

kefke20
February 18th, 2006, 11:04 AM
and i hope that the russian ships kick som a*s
meby the next ship is draednot off thet on plan
the russians nowing the will sell there tech to china and eu
becaus the us dident gif/sell dem a way to ther allis

the spelling is crap i know:jack:

MacGyver`
February 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Russia ain't poor as it was in the 1990s they are very well off atm.
Are you referring to real life or stargate, er, life.

Peoples_General
February 18th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Are you referring to real life or stargate, er, life.

Real life.

They've researching and manufacturing new military equipment like:
~T-95 main battle tanks
~Ka-50 Hokum attack helicopters
~Mi-28 Havoc attack helicopters
~MiG-1.42 experimental fighter/bomber
~Su-47 Berkuts (reverse swept wing fighter/interceptors)
~RT-2PM "Sickle" Topol ICBM missiles, said by US defense expert that its capable of defeating US missile defense systems (something the BC-303s should be launching)

Does this look like something a poor country can do?

Ka-50 Hokum
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/ka50/images/Ka50_10.jpg

Su-47 Berkut
http://www.warland.info/IMG/jpg/BERKUT.jpg

kefke20
February 18th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Real life.

~T-95 main battle tanks
~RT-2PM "Sickle" Topol ICBM missiles, said by US defense expert that its capable of defeating US missile defense systems (something the BC-303s should be launching)

Ka-50 Hokum

Su-47 Berkut

only if the can sell it

Peoples_General
February 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM
only if the can sell it

China is Russia's biggest weapons customer.

LORD MONK
February 18th, 2006, 04:17 PM
At least we know what that Chinese chick was talking about.

msr911
February 25th, 2006, 11:44 AM
small picture of the russian ship

http://img11.imagevenue.com/loc50/th_00636_russianship.jpg

Auralis
February 25th, 2006, 12:17 PM
That is a picture from beachhead.

Peoples_General
February 25th, 2006, 12:33 PM
If you guys saw the new previews for next week 3/3/2006... then you notice in the end that a BC-303 pops out of hyperspace. Im sure that is the Korelev as it would go with the new image gallery pics for Crusade and Camelot.

msr911
February 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I got it out of the preview of next episode so its got to be the Korelev.

CHEL NAK GUY
February 25th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Did anyone notice this about 2 pages ago, it could be a 302, or your either really mucking us around and its a dart bussing around the deady from SGA
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6060/zkorlev1xr.png

Peoples_General
February 25th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Did anyone notice this about 2 pages ago, it could be a 302, or your either really mucking us around and its a dart bussing around the deady from SGA

It looks like a small Earth build communications satellite...

What is that? Darts, F-302s, Death Gliders and etc. are NOT shaped like that.

npattis
February 25th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Unless it's stated in the upcoming episode, the only plans Russia has received have been the X-302 and X-303. It was probably the Oddsessy we saw, the Korlev is most likely a Prometheus class.

CHEL NAK GUY
February 25th, 2006, 01:46 PM
WTF would a communications satelite be doing there, they would have picked it up on their sensors and and they wouldnt drift that close to it. It could be those MiG-302's you were talking about ;)

Unless it's stated in the upcoming episode, the only plans Russia has received have been the X-302 and X-303. It was probably the Oddsessy we saw, the Korlev is most likely a Prometheus class.
but wouldn't you still like to know what it is?

An Ancient
February 25th, 2006, 01:52 PM
My opinion is the following, the Russian ship must meet to following criteria;
-Massive missiles in large numbers.
-Something like the Su-47 in space.
-It must not go down before eclipsing the sun itself with a missile salvo.

That is all.

Peoples_General
February 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Well the Russians have lots of missiles, they can also build the BC-303s. I mean why not?

MiG-302... Su-302s would be interesting. I just hope it's something nice and new.

talyn2k1
February 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM

I believe that pic is from 220 - Allies. It could be damage from when the Wraith open fire on the Daedalus as soon as she leaves hyperspace before she has time to raise her shields.
If you look at the attached pic from the end of that ep you can see what looks like battle damage in the ringed areas.

Pic courtesy of www.stargatecaps.com (http://www.stargatecaps.com)

Auralis
February 25th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I got it out of the preview of next episode so its got to be the Korelev.

Or it could be part of a flashback or previous on stargate part of the episode.
And if you rewatch beachhead, you will see that that exact shot is from beachhead.

NakedJehutyV2
February 25th, 2006, 07:42 PM
spelled korolev.

npattis
February 25th, 2006, 07:50 PM
spelled korolev.

Incorrect, Korelev.

sindicate
February 25th, 2006, 07:51 PM
spelled korolev.

better tell Stargate, and Wikipedia that lol

they can spell it anyways they want to ;)

Andrew Joshua Talon
February 25th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Look: The only reason the Russians got in so much trouble on SG-1 is because, frankly, they didn't have as much experience with the Stargate as the Americans did. The SGC was nearly destroyed plenty of times in the first three years of operations, mainly because we had no idea what the heck we were doing. The Russians have just had more accidents because they only had a few jaunts through the Stargate as compared to our several, and didn't have Sam Carter, or Daniel Jackson, or Teal'c, to give them heads up about what they were in for. Maybourne doesn't count because he had none of the experience with things out there as Teal'c, only a fraction of the mathematical and analytical abilities of Carter, and a smattering of the linguistic and anthropological background of Daniel.

The Russians are not incompetent by any stretch of the imagination-Dumb people do not run successful space programs for several decades. The Soviet Union, however, based on how it was run (as a brutal police state), did not allow individuality to flourish, or innovation to expand as it has in the West. The USA got most of it's fantastic technologies and advances thanks to individual, creative people who were allowed to express their ideas and opinions freely. The Soviet Union, while having no less creative people, stomped on free thought as they felt it posed a threat to their regime. As a result, most Soviet technologies were knock-offs of Western systems. Case in point: The B-29 Superfortress, which was systematically copied and reproduced by the USSR in the 1950s. The Soviet Union preferred ready-made ideas to new ones, in order to keep their subjects from getting "dangerous" ideas. This is why the West won the Cold War-The Soviet Union's system could not keep up with the economic and technological advancements the West was coming up with in the 1980s, and in attempting to do so, fell apart. And good riddance. No one should not be stifled and oppressed for over 60 years, especially not the Russians, who have a proud, rich history.

The USSR was indeed a potent threat to the USA and the other nations of the world. Any conflict between these two superpowers would have been costly to both sides. Make no mistake-While the West focused on small, professional, and highly-advanced forces, the Soviets focused on the tried-and-true method of large numbers of slightly less-advanced forces. While the West focused on developing it's sea and air power, the Soviets focused more on space and ground warfare. Different military schools of thought, true, but both capable of doing serious damage. The Cold War was very much a stand off between two powerful nations.

In the economic down-turns of the 1990s, Russia did indeed improve it's technology and economic standing thanks to the new free market system, with a lot of Western help. And in SG1, their efforts to go out and explore using the Stargate reveal that they are just as brave and ingenious as their American counterparts. They just aren't as lucky.

On the Russian starship program: If the Korolev gets blown up, it's not because the Russians build crap. They have access to the same technologies as the USA under the Stargate Treaty. My guess is that they'll be destroyed because they'll be the one Russian ship. They won't take orders from the Americans-Why should they? It's their ship, they'll fight it as they see fit. Unfortunately, they'll be badly outnumbered and out gunned. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that they'll feel that with their new ship, new technology, and the right tactics, they can single-handedly save the galaxy. Not arrogance, but a lack of common-sense, which all people, regardless of nation, can confess to having at one point or another.

Peoples_General
February 25th, 2006, 08:04 PM
The thing is that the Korelev is the only Earth ship readily available to go over to Chulak and help the Free Jaffa Nation with defense. Remember that the Odyssey is unavailable due to its little entanglement with the Lucian Alliance Ha'Taks.

I find this a rather admirable act with the Russians. The 2 US built BC-303s are busy, so they send their first BC-303 in their place knowing full well that they are up against the most powerful enemy that Earth has ever encountered in the Ori. Assuming that the paragraph I wrote above is the scenario of the show...

npattis
February 25th, 2006, 08:06 PM
The thing is that the Korelev is the only Earth ship readily available to go over to Chulak and help the Free Jaffa Nation with defense. Remember that the Odyssey is unavailable due to its little entanglement with the Lucian Alliance Ha'Taks.

I find this a rather admirable act with the Russians. The 2 US built BC-303s are busy, so they send their first BC-303 in their place knowing full well that they are up against the most powerful enemy that Earth has ever encountered in the Ori. Assuming that the paragraph I wrote above is the scenario of the show...

It's a damn shame the Korelev is being destroyed.

Lieutenant Colonel Davis
February 25th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Look: The only reason the Russians got in so much trouble on SG-1 is because, frankly, they didn't have as much experience with the Stargate as the Americans did. The SGC was nearly destroyed plenty of times in the first three years of operations, mainly because we had no idea what the heck we were doing. The Russians have just had more accidents because they only had a few jaunts through the Stargate as compared to our several, and didn't have Sam Carter, or Daniel Jackson, or Teal'c, to give them heads up about what they were in for. Maybourne doesn't count because he had none of the experience with things out there as Teal'c, only a fraction of the mathematical and analytical abilities of Carter, and a smattering of the linguistic and anthropological background of Daniel.

The Russians are not incompetent by any stretch of the imagination-Dumb people do not run successful space programs for several decades. The Soviet Union, however, based on how it was run (as a brutal police state), did not allow individuality to flourish, or innovation to expand as it has in the West. The USA got most of it's fantastic technologies and advances thanks to individual, creative people who were allowed to express their ideas and opinions freely. The Soviet Union, while having no less creative people, stomped on free thought as they felt it posed a threat to their regime. As a result, most Soviet technologies were knock-offs of Western systems. Case in point: The B-29 Superfortress, which was systematically copied and reproduced by the USSR in the 1950s. The Soviet Union preferred ready-made ideas to new ones, in order to keep their subjects from getting "dangerous" ideas. This is why the West won the Cold War-The Soviet Union's system could not keep up with the economic and technological advancements the West was coming up with in the 1980s, and in attempting to do so, fell apart. And good riddance. No one should not be stifled and oppressed for over 60 years, especially not the Russians, who have a proud, rich history.

The USSR was indeed a potent threat to the USA and the other nations of the world. Any conflict between these two superpowers would have been costly to both sides. Make no mistake-While the West focused on small, professional, and highly-advanced forces, the Soviets focused on the tried-and-true method of large numbers of slightly less-advanced forces. While the West focused on developing it's sea and air power, the Soviets focused more on space and ground warfare. Different military schools of thought, true, but both capable of doing serious damage. The Cold War was very much a stand off between two powerful nations.

In the economic down-turns of the 1990s, Russia did indeed improve it's technology and economic standing thanks to the new free market system, with a lot of Western help. And in SG1, their efforts to go out and explore using the Stargate reveal that they are just as brave and ingenious as their American counterparts. They just aren't as lucky.

On the Russian starship program: If the Korolev gets blown up, it's not because the Russians build crap. They have access to the same technologies as the USA under the Stargate Treaty. My guess is that they'll be destroyed because they'll be the one Russian ship. They won't take orders from the Americans-Why should they? It's their ship, they'll fight it as they see fit. Unfortunately, they'll be badly outnumbered and out gunned. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that they'll feel that with their new ship, new technology, and the right tactics, they can single-handedly save the galaxy. Not arrogance, but a lack of common-sense, which all people, regardless of nation, can confess to having at one point or another.
First smart thing I'v heard on the forums in a long time. Good job, that was well thought out.

Ouroboros
February 26th, 2006, 12:20 AM

Lets not kid ourselves here. If they get smoked it's going to be because it'll be the first example of a human "battlecruiser" going against one of the various aliens without the added character shield bonus of having main castmembers on board or simply being American.

In other words we're finally going to get to see what all those Prommie/Daedy vs alien battles should have turned out like.

As for that pic someone posted above, that is indeed from Allies.

I think it's from right after the ambush scene with the darts after they exit hyperspace.

The darts strafe them before they get their shields up and then fly off to the side. I think it then cuts to an outside shot showing them launching 302s in response.

That shot seems to be from just before or after the first 302 comes out.

Andrew Joshua Talon
February 26th, 2006, 05:49 PM
The Russians should actually be able to produce more ships than the US. They have a lot more "empty" land area to build starships without any civvies looking around.

freyr's mother
February 26th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Okay guys take it easy, the Cold War is over.
MMM...kay!

Oooh yay my 500th post

marlowe54
February 26th, 2006, 05:58 PM
The Russians should actually be able to produce more ships than the US. They have a lot more "empty" land area to build starships without any civvies looking around.
what kind of logic is that .... $, raw materials, and technical expertise are the only restrictions on output ....

Andrew Joshua Talon
February 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I mean that they have more empty land to put top-secret facilities and shipyards than we do. We help them get the materials and logistics into place, and they can build five or six Prometheus vessels in the same area, where comparatively, the US can only build a Prometheus at Area 51. At the moment, anyway.

marlowe54
February 26th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I mean that they have more empty land to put top-secret facilities and shipyards than we do. We help them get the materials and logistics into place, and they can build five or six Prometheus vessels in the same area, where comparatively, the US can only build a Prometheus at Area 51. At the moment, anyway.
I am sure the US has plently of land for top-secret facilities as well. I dont think land area has any effect on the number of vessels either country can build.

Andrew Joshua Talon
February 26th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Well, it would just make things easier. I'm writing a thread on some ways to approach Homeworld Security.

Mark Nguyen
February 26th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I dunno if anyone's noticed this in the thread, but if you look closely behind Chekov, you'll see that free-standing tactical display is oriented lengthwise as on the Prometheus, whereas on Daedalus and Odyssey it's oriented the other way.

Methinks Korolev is the same kind of ship as Prometheus. :)

Mark

Ludofjn
February 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM
no way an Asgard would board a ship built by russains (not ment to offende any russains) but Jack dident like the russains and jack was the one who went to the high counsel instead of a more wierish figure
Hollowed are the ori
:hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed: :hallowed:

Ludofjn
February 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM

yey a list of good russain tech
HOLLOWED ARE THE WRIATH
:sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow: :sholva: :bow:

Ludofjn
February 26th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Brick is just trying to get his renoun up

Ludofjn
February 26th, 2006, 07:29 PM
You can't shoot at what you can't see and a US carrier group will see any other battle group 1st because of the hawkeye sentry aircraft. Americans never feared Soviet naval battle groups but they sure as hell feared the Backfires, they had the ability to get in close launch their massive barrage of missiles then get out again at over Mach 2.

I've seen one of these beauties up close and they are mighty impressive, it's almost the size of a passenger plane :P

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/880/20041015backfire017cr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Americans hated this plane so much they wanted it's reduction under the SALT negotiations where they tried to argue that it was an intercontinental bomber.
guys this is suposed to be about the new russain space ship NOT THE COLD WAR TECH
:bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23:

Ludofjn
February 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Real life.

~T-95 main battle tanks

Ka-50 Hokum

Su-47 Berkut
SWEET

Ludofjn
February 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM
from the slope of the wing its an X-301

NakedJehutyV2
February 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM
nope korolev

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Korolyov

next time get facts right. then you won't get owned noob

either ptb got it wrong or they purposely did that to stray from korolev but that's how it's spelled

V-MAN
February 27th, 2006, 05:31 AM

The Russians are not incompetent by any stretch of the imagination-Dumb people do not run successful space programs for several decades. The Soviet Union, however, based on how it was run (as a brutal police state), did not allow individuality to flourish, or innovation to expand as it has in the West. The USA got most of it's fantastic technologies and advances thanks to individual, creative people who were allowed to express their ideas and opinions freely. The Soviet Union preferred ready-made ideas to new ones, in order to keep their subjects from getting "dangerous" ideas. This is why the West won the Cold War-The Soviet Union's system could not keep up with the economic and technological advancements the West was coming up with in the 1980s, and in attempting to do so, fell apart. And good riddance. No one should not be stifled and oppressed for over 60 years, especially not the Russians, who have a proud, rich history.

I couldn't agree more with almost everything you've said there except this bit

"The Soviet Union, while having no less creative people, stomped on free thought as they felt it posed a threat to their regime. As a result, most Soviet technologies were knock-offs of Western systems. Case in point: The B-29 Superfortress, which was systematically copied and reproduced by the USSR in the 1950s.

While your case in point is correct, saying that most Soviet technologies were knock-offs of Western systems is just flat wrong and harsh on the Russians at the same time.

V-MAN
February 27th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Real life.

~T-95 main battle tanks

Ka-50 Hokum

Su-47 Berkut

I remember seeing a picture of another gunship the Russians were developing, I think Kamov were making it. It was designed with a stealthy body like the RAH-66 was but it looked a lot different. I can't for the life of me remember it actual name or where I saw the pic but last time I read up on it it was still in the testing phase where as the USAs RAH-66 has been dumped.

Seastallion
February 27th, 2006, 05:56 AM
I couldn't agree more with almost everything you've said there except this bit

"The Soviet Union, while having no less creative people, stomped on free thought as they felt it posed a threat to their regime. As a result, most Soviet technologies were knock-offs of Western systems. Case in point: The B-29 Superfortress, which was systematically copied and reproduced by the USSR in the 1950s.

While your case in point is correct, saying that most Soviet technologies were knock-offs of Western systems is just flat wrong and harsh on the Russians at the same time.

:) Actually, it was the Soviets that invented Stealth technology, but they didn't have the means to make use of it, whereas the U.S. did. (Partly because their computer technology is considerably behind ours, which means they didn't have the critical advantage of computer aided design that is necessary to construct stealth craft... :p ) It was also the Soviets that first invented a working underwater 'warp drive'. Essentially a torpedo that travels hundreds of miles per hour, and uses a rocket rather than a propeller, and uses an air bubble covering the whole torpedo to make it possible. One reason we won the cold war, was because of disinformation to the Soviets. Yeah, we had a lot of black projects, but we invented even more fake ones and leaked it to the Soviets so they ended up spending tons of money trying to keep up with projects we weren't actually doing. In the end, their already weaker economy just couldn't handle the strain. :eek:

Seastallion
February 27th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Oh... by the by...

Did you all see the Korolev on the previews for next week after SG1 aired friday night?? :D At first I thought it was the Odyssey, but something about it kept bugging me. It looked odd. Then I realized, that it was because the front part of the ship was shorter and 'fatter' than the normal 'Daedalus' class ship. So I figured it must be the Korolev..! :eek: I guess the Russians altered the design somewhat, after they got the plans from us. ;)

GateR_mk
February 27th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Probably a BC-303 (Daedalus-Class)

That implies that the US shared the design schematics for the Daedalus class. Its unlikely because the BC-303 consists of a blending of Asgard and human technology, and the Asgard aren't exactly close with the Russians as they are with the USAF. Its probably going to be a X-303 type because its the only confirmed disclosure of USAF starship designs.

Kirath
February 27th, 2006, 10:03 AM
That implies that the US shared the design schematics for the Daedalus class. Its unlikely because the BC-303 consists of a blending of Asgard and human technology, and the Asgard aren't exactly close with the Russians as they are with the USAF. Its probably going to be a X-303 type because its the only confirmed disclosure of USAF starship designs.

In disclosure Chekov says that when the X303 tech problems are solved they would receive the finished plans. This implies that russians would be made aware of any tech advances and that they would be shared. I'm also sure that Chekov would have made the asgard aware of our partnership with Russians in the stargate and X303 programs. another thing to remeber is that the Russians don't have Felgar doing the R&D on their energy based weapons program. Don't count the Korelev out yet. at the very least she and chgekov will go out fighting

Andrew Joshua Talon
February 27th, 2006, 10:07 AM
In disclosure Chekov says that when the X303 tech problems are solved they would receive the finished plans. This implies that russians would be made aware of any tech advances and that they would be shared. I'm also sure that Chekov would have made the asgard aware of our partnership with Russians in the stargate and X303 programs. another thing to remeber is that the Russians don't have Felgar doing the R&D on their energy based weapons program. Don't count the Korelev out yet. at the very least she and chgekov will go out fighting

Of course they would. ^__^ Chekov would not have it any other way. The Russians have a lot of experience in fighting hopeless battles but coming out on top... or at least, making sure the other guy hurts a hell of a lot more than they do. To Russia: They've put up with the czars, Communism, and crime lords. Time they get a chance to kick some ass and save the galaxy!

Daryl Froggy
February 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Personally I'm glad that other nations besides the US are getting starships. Now the SGC won't be the only force to stand up against alien tyrany in the Milky Way. Though it is kinda sad that it gets blown up so soon. But I'm pretty sure that the Russians probably have more than one of those ships being built at the same time, after all they mostly go in for quantity(at least that's what I heard) and now they have quality alien tech to go on.

as for what it looks like I'm thinking something like the Prometheus probably with some minor changes so that they can say that they "improved on the design."

Viva Earth and all of the Stargate informed nations(the Stargate-Alliance).:mckay:

kefke20
February 27th, 2006, 10:28 AM
it will be realistic thad the adere countries of the un v-consel wil start diplomatic ralations with the asgart and the fee jaffa the cant get dependet of the us for tech and natrule rescorses (naquada) for copol of resens

*us get a monopolie on aline tech and on countrie will acept thad
*the us will get trobel wit the suply line of resorsers the demand will be to grat
*and the sgc will gone need all the help the can get

and i hope wen the ather counties wil start bilding ther warships that de will disine ther own ship and not knokoff the us disine, that will be so cool

thetspelling is c*ap i know

Nero
February 27th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Real life.

~T-95 main battle tanks

Nice list except

1) T-95 is not in production - not even pre-production trials. Rumor has it its scraped due to lack of funds. Russia cannot even afford to upgrade its Tank fleet with an adeqeute number of T-90's at the moment. Production running at 140 a year, which have to replace Russia's current tank fleet of between 12,000 & 15,000.

2) The Majority of Russia's Anti-Tank Helicopters are still the Mi-24's. Only a handfull(3) Ka-50 "Hokums" are operational with Russian Air Force Spec Ops. 12 Ka-52 were to be procured for Russian Air Force special operations in 2005, but funding for the programme has been cut from the 2005 budget.

3) Mi-28 is same as above except the Russians chose the Ka-50 Hokums over these and you can see what happened to that plan.

4) The Russians have stated they do not have the funding to continue the Mig 1.42 fighter program. Its been put on hold indefinatly while they try to arrange a funding deal with China or India(where as the latter two countires fund the program and also get to build the fighter once operational)

5) Su-47 is just the revised name for the X-37. Same plane. Its not going to be built as a fighter, its merely a technology demonstrater

6) RT-2PM systems have been coming online. Merely an updated version of an older missle. the "M" stands for Mobile, although it also comes in a silo based version. As regards being able to beat a missle defence system this theory is unfounded. This system is comparable to ones fielded by western nations but has not been proved superior. And its still in too short a supply.

There's no doubt that Russia has the technology, but at present, not sufficient funds to produce these weapons for it's own armed forces. Most Russian economic analysts believe it will be at least 10-15 years before plausable

Nero
February 27th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I remember seeing a picture of another gunship the Russians were developing, I think Kamov were making it. It was designed with a stealthy body like the RAH-66 was but it looked a lot different. I can't for the life of me remember it actual name or where I saw the pic but last time I read up on it it was still in the testing phase where as the USAs RAH-66 has been dumped.

You might be reffering to the KA-52 "Hokum B"

have a look

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/Riabsev/1999L.jpg

http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~freedom3/Ka-52-TON-1.jpg

Wraith_Hunter
February 27th, 2006, 01:01 PM

If you brighten it up a bit, you'll notice, that not only is the the scene in 'Allies' where the 302's are launched, but also that it's simply a reflection from the rail gun fire illuminating the hull.

Peoples_General
February 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I think your refering to the so-called Ka-58 stealth attack helicopter. Well.... to tell you the truth, its a FAKE. The only Ka-58s are the model toy helicopters.

Look at it. It's a combined design of the Ka-50 and the RAH-66.

Even if it were real... it would not be stealth if it was designed like this. The wing and the armaments it carries would defeat the purpose of the stealth designs as the missiles and etc. will only serve to bounce back to radar waves.
http://www.aviapress.com/engl/zvd/zvd7232.jpg

NakedJehutyV2
February 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Nice list except

1) T-95 is not in production - not even pre-production trials. Rumor has it its scraped due to lack of funds. Russia cannot even afford to upgrade its Tank fleet with an adeqeute number of T-90's at the moment. Production running at 140 a year, which have to replace Russia's current tank fleet of between 12,000 & 15,000.

2) The Majority of Russia's Anti-Tank Helicopters are still the Mi-24's. Only a handfull(3) Ka-50 "Hokums" are operational with Russian Air Force Spec Ops. 12 Ka-52 were to be procured for Russian Air Force special operations in 2005, but funding for the programme has been cut from the 2005 budget.

3) Mi-28 is same as above except the Russians chose the Ka-50 Hokums over these and you can see what happened to that plan.

4) The Russians have stated they do not have the funding to continue the Mig 1.42 fighter program. Its been put on hold indefinatly while they try to arrange a funding deal with China or India(where as the latter two countires fund the program and also get to build the fighter once operational)

5) Su-47 is just the revised name for the X-37. Same plane. Its not going to be built as a fighter, its merely a technology demonstrater

6) RT-2PM systems have been coming online. Merely an updated version of an older missle. the "M" stands for Mobile, although it also comes in a silo based version. As regards being able to beat a missle defence system this theory is unfounded. This system is comparable to ones fielded by western nations but has not been proved superior. And its still in too short a supply.

There's no doubt that Russia has the technology, but at present, not sufficient funds to produce these weapons for it's own armed forces. Most Russian economic analysts believe it will be at least 10-15 years before plausable

where'd you get this info from? american sources?

V-MAN
February 27th, 2006, 03:33 PM
You might be reffering to the KA-52 "Hokum B"

have a look

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/Riabsev/1999L.jpg

http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~freedom3/Ka-52-TON-1.jpg

Nah that's not it.

V-MAN
February 27th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I think your refering to the so-called Ka-58 stealth attack helicopter. Well.... to tell you the truth, its a FAKE. The only Ka-58s are the model toy helicopters.

Look at it. It's a combined design of the Ka-50 and the RAH-66.

Even if it were real... it would not be stealth if it was designed like this. The wing and the armaments it carries would defeat the purpose of the stealth designs as the missiles and etc. will only serve to bounce back to radar waves.
http://www.aviapress.com/engl/zvd/zvd7232.jpg

This looks very similar except in the picture I saw it didn't have the counter rotating blades.

Also it might be worth remembering that the RAH-66 was designed to be fitted with removable wings for rocket pods/missiles as and when mission requirements demanded them. It's regular armaments were carried in retractable compartments just like on the Russian Gunship I saw.

Nero
February 28th, 2006, 10:27 AM
where'd you get this info from? american sources?

Nope, common knowledge. Well at least to those people who follow the progress/developments of Russian weapons systems in general i.e ME. Its a big interest of mine. Right since I seen my very first T-34/76 in a French tank museum.

Here's a good Russian site

http://warfare.ru/?catalog=true

Lieutenant Colonel Davis
February 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Nice site. Lots of cool info.

deadman
March 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Here's a question that could make an interesting episode, "What are the Russians going to do with their new 304?"

Antimatter Sam
March 4th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Probably get in trouble somewhere and we will have to go help them.
As a side note, what do you think they should name it? I like The Gagarin, after the first man in space.

deadman
March 4th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I thought it was already named the Kolkev or something.

The Signal
March 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I thought it was already named the Kolkev or something.
Korelev, and its a *cough*screwup*cough* BC-304, not F-304

Just as a sidenote, will they make their frakkin minds up, Daedalus class have been reffered to as 303's and 304's now, right?

And to answer your question it gets blown up in Camelot (if not then it will be destroyed in Season 10's opener Flesh and Blood) damn the Ori and their flying and flushing toilet seat spaceships!

marlowe54
March 4th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Korelev, and its a *cough*screwup*cough* BC-304, not F-304

Just as a sidenote, will they make their frakkin minds up, Daedalus class have been reffered to as 303's and 304's now, right?

And to answer your question it gets blown up in Camelot (if not then it will be destroyed in Season 10's opener Flesh and Blood) damn the Ori and their flying and flushing toilet seat spaceships!
I am sure they'll leverage the gate for another one

metroid
March 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM

No, they haven't. They called it a 304 for the first time in Crusade.
They always just referred to it as a daedalus class ship before that.

Antimatter Sam
March 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Is it me or do the story lines have a certain disjointed continuity about them?
Technology and characters who are conviently left out or forgotten about later, name changes,(F304 or 303), things most people would do but they don't on the show, like equipping a ship with several dozen not just a few naquada generators to power ships and shields or using the
energy weapons from any number of Gould ships on ours, no reverse engineering just patch'em on or ships.
Now we have an Ancient warship we can study, bet we don't come up with anything we can use. We kow how a ZPM sort of works but we can't figure out Ancient shield and weapons?
The show really needs a manual with all the do's and dont's and plots to make it run seamlessly.
Still think Gagarin is a better name, stupid script writers.

captainpash
March 4th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Korelev is probably the name of the first astronut that went to space for the russians, but he didn't make it back alive.*

*opps soviet conspiracy theroy.

deadman
March 4th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Why kill another Earth ship, we've already lost the Prometheus.

marlowe54
March 4th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Why kill another Earth ship, we've already lost the Prometheus.
1)So the Russians dont have a ship; 2) 2 Ships overall hence more "Gate" stories and more "underdog stories"

NakedJehutyV2
March 4th, 2006, 05:29 PM
imo it'll survive and be salvaged by the US and used under name kratos

Jumper One
March 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Korelev is probably the name of the first astronut that went to space for the russians, but he didn't make it back alive.*

*opps soviet conspiracy theroy.

Here's all i could find in World Book:

During the 1930's, rocket research advanced in Germany, the Soviet Union, and the United States. Hermann Oberth led a small group of German engineers and scientists that experimented with rockets. Leading Soviet rocket scientists included Fridrikh A. Tsander and Sergei P. Korolev. Goddard remained the most prominent rocket researcher in the United States.

marlowe54
March 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM
funny

Ludofjn
March 4th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Very Funny

Cherriey
March 5th, 2006, 07:01 AM
So this ship is a year away from completion without a name? I can't remember... was this the only thing they wanted?

I can only imagine the kind of stink China will let loose when they find out about the Russians making this deal. We might be getting an episode next season where we have to rush to make sure China doesn't blab the Stargate secret to the general public.

NakedJehutyV2
March 5th, 2006, 11:11 AM
kratos = protaganist from ps2 game god of war

techjunkie
March 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM
The Russians rush the next BC304 out of the production line, in part to be an ally for the 'Crusade' pt2. The ship is renamed 'Korolev', in honor of a former Soviet scientist. It is one part of a trade with the US, for the US to maintain control of the stargate.

Ironically, the US has over 40 spare Stargates, courtesy of Ba'al (last episode). Wonder why they negotiated with the Russians, at all?

SPOILER (invisotext):

The ship is ill-prepared, and is destroyed by the ORI toilet seat battlecruiser. Our favourite Russian, gets flushed. And the chinese are, well , we don't know.

END SPOILER

techjunkie
March 5th, 2006, 02:02 PM

That name has been used extensively elsewhere in Star Trek (3 ships have carried the name), so they went back to one of the fathers of Soviet Rocket Science.

riddermark
March 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I don't think that the Russians are actually going to get their hands on an actual BC-304, just the plans, i think the ship that we will see in Camelot will be a BC-303 that the Russians got their hands on earlier in the series, back when the original gate treaty was signed. Any thoughts?

knowles2
March 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Nope it says that they were getting the actual ship. They relise their mistake from last time they did a deal, even with the plans they do not have materials to create a ship, basically the anmericans con them last time they were not about to let them do that again, so this time they wanted a ship and nothingless. I think that the ship is complete ship, because I believe Daniel said the next one would not be ready for a year. As for the ship being a bc304 or BC303, I the personally think they need to make up their minds, when I first heard bc304 thought they already building vessel which a different design, but then daniel said the bc304 would not be of the production line until next year.

riddermark
March 5th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I think the BC-303 is a prometheus class ship, and a BC-304 is a Daedulus class ship. And when did they actually say they were getting an actual ship, all i remember them saying was they got the BC-304, which could imply plans.

freyr's mother
March 5th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I think the BC-303 is a prometheus class ship, and a BC-304 is a Daedulus class ship. And when did they actually say they were getting an actual ship, all i remember them saying was they got the BC-304, which could imply plans.

Oh s***, not this again!

rarocks24
March 5th, 2006, 03:13 PM
That name has been used extensively elsewhere in Star Trek (3 ships have carried the name), so they went back to one of the fathers of Soviet Rocket Science.
Please give episodes, cuz a search of startrek.com turned up absolutely nothing. Gagarin is a better name, I believe they used that name in StarLancer IIRC.

riddermark
March 5th, 2006, 03:13 PM
not helpful!

LORD MONK
March 5th, 2006, 03:30 PM
They got the ship. There is no way around it, they have already shot the ep. where they use it. It's over all we can do is sit back and let the Ori destroy it.

McSwift
March 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Like someone said. its NOT the F-304. Its actually the new designation for Daedalus class ships.

NakedJehutyV2
March 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM
they got the next 304 that was in production after odyssey.

NakedJehutyV2
March 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM
too bad SGA wussy mckay couldn't get the orion fully working for some lantian (alteran) vs ori ship ownage

GearheadSG1
March 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Ummmm I thought a heard that the Russain ship will be destoryed by the ORI in an Upcoming episode?

Alos I think the reason the US didnt give the russains or the Chinese one of the extra gates the US aquired is cuz the planet can only dail one stargate at a time.. Otherwise if one is in operation the other one will get a "BUSY" Signal?

freyr's mother
March 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Ummmm I thought a heard that the Russain ship will be destoryed by the ORI in an Upcoming episode?

You heard right.

Lord Jago
March 6th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Alos I think the reason the US didnt give the russains or the Chinese one of the extra gates the US aquired is cuz the planet can only dail one stargate at a time.. Otherwise if one is in operation the other one will get a "BUSY" Signal?

Why you lot think they still have all them spare gates is beyond me. They put the gates back on the planets they were taken from. Im sure of it.

And it is possible to run two gates from the same planet. The NID did it and so did the Russians for a time. Its like air traffic control, you just have set time slots which one is active at any one time. Not exactly hard.

Yes the Russians will get/have an F304. A little disappointed it gets destroyed so quickly thou. But i think it was only fair that they got one in the end, because of typical American double crossing en all (only kidding im British) I think the writers had to right off the ship thou because of the old saying 'Too many cooks in the kitchen' or in this case 'Too many Generals on the Battlefield'
We cant have the Russians out there running amuk out there and tarnishing the SGC's good name. They do a good enough job of doing that on their own, they dont need the Russians help Lol

AtlantisForever
March 6th, 2006, 03:52 AM
well it's good to hear that the Russians have gotten there own Ship now they can stop whining that they dont ever get tech from the US... and it's very bad about it getting destroyed as it's in the first shot lol

DarthNick
March 6th, 2006, 10:50 AM
oke, let me get some stuff cleared up. The reverse enigneerd Death Glider was the X-301. The fighter that followed was the X-302 (later F-302). The prometheus the X-303 (later BC-303). Deadalus class ships are BC-304 class right?

wurlitzer153
March 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Personally, I still think the Daedy and Odyssey are 303s. They never explicitly said they were 304s in Crusade. They said the Russians are getting the 304 and the next Daedalus class ship would be another year away. I guess we'll see next week if they're any different...

AnotherEvilAlien
March 6th, 2006, 10:13 PM

And I think Enterprise if a better name than Prometheus.

However, having a ship named "Enterprise" in Stargate would just be begging for a lawsuit, unfortunately.

Let's just face the facts: scriptwriters do horrible jobs at naming important stuff (except PuddleJumper, which was cool).

NakedJehutyV2
March 6th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Personally, I still think the Daedy and Odyssey are 303s. They never explicitly said they were 304s in Crusade. They said the Russians are getting the 304 and the next Daedalus class ship would be another year away. I guess we'll see next week if they're any different...

here comes walter

happyclappy
March 6th, 2006, 10:39 PM
im pretty sure that the russians will have a BC-303 (deadalus) delivered to them in the next episode, but also with the plans for the next type of ship the XX-304. maybe they will make some cool cruiser with **** off massive guns and such, but that would be too cool wouldnt it....

metroid
March 7th, 2006, 04:30 AM
nevermind, i was wrong :P

LORD MONK
March 7th, 2006, 02:57 PM
oke, let me get some stuff cleared up. The reverse enigneerd Death Glider was the X-301. The fighter that followed was the X-302 (later F-302). The prometheus the X-303 (later BC-303). Deadalus class ships are BC-304 class right?
You have got it. Now lets hope everyone else reads this and gets it to.

The Russains got a Big D Class BC-304. It was said and so it shall be.

talyn2k1
March 11th, 2006, 07:34 AM
The Daedalus was only referred to as Prometheus' sister ship in 'Moebius' and that`s because TPTB hadn`t decided to make it a new design at that point. That`s a continuity error I can live with considering we got the Daedalus-class out of it.
In 'Enemy Mine', it was said that Naquadah was needed for the 303s. At that point the materials probably were intended for 303s but then the US decided to go with a new design AND it was said (iirc) by an Air Force Major who probably wouldn`t be privvy to the latest info so I doubt he would`ve known about the change in design anyway so he would`ve mentioned 303s because that was the last info he was privvy to. That, and TPTB hadn`t decided on a new design yet.
In 'Crusade' it is definitely said that the Russians are getting a 304 Daedalus-class ship.

D-class = 304
304 = D-class.
Prometheus = 303
303 = Prometheus

If there is anyone out there to whom this is not yet clear, then there really is no hope for the human race!

mattbuck
March 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM

A search for "Gagarin" on Memory Alpha turns up a DY-732 class ship.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/VK_Yuri_Gagarin

Otherwise, I'm pretty certain there was never a USS Gagarin. There was however as USS Odyssey, which got destroyed in The Jem'Hadar [DS9]

GateR_mk
March 16th, 2006, 12:02 PM
A search for "Gagarin" on Memory Alpha turns up a DY-732 class ship.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/VK_Yuri_Gagarin
THe Gragarin was a LCARS joke.

Otherwise, I'm pretty certain there was never a USS Gagarin. There was however as USS Odyssey, which got destroyed in The Jem'Hadar [DS9]

All of the Stargate ships, (not the Goa'uld ships and Asgard) were named after a Star Trek ship or species. This was probably accidental though.

There also is a USS Prometheus, the first of her class, appears in VGR and another Promethues (a nebula class.)

The Deadalus was a Daedalus class ship that saw service prior to the launch of the Constitution class. The Ship was mentioned in a TNG episode though.

THe Aroura was a space crusier in TOS and the Orion was a humaniod species in the universe.

The Korlev might have been a ship class. It would have been one of the hybrid ones that saw service in the Dominion War.

Even the Stargate bears resembelence to the Iconian Gateway.

Finally The Goa'uld are similar to the Trill

The Trek Universe does indeed extend is small ways to the Gate Universe.

Adamus
March 17th, 2006, 02:24 AM
the russian ship is a BC-303 it was given to the russians in Crusade because the russians wanted their gate back but agreed to let the USA keep it if they got the new BC-303. it was named the Korlevel and it was commanded by colonel Chekov it was destroyed in Camelot by the Ori Ships:)

KRiZ
March 17th, 2006, 02:30 AM
You're all wrong!

Prommie X-303, never recieved BC classification at any point in the series! also as first and only one of its design it is the eXperimental model

Also the Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev are all 304s, however the are not BC as they are not Battlecruisers, they are DSC-304 "Deep Space Carrier" Gateworld omnipedia says and so shall it be....

RoMUS
March 17th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Does anyone know were i can get any from?thx

WraithWarrior
March 17th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Ill cap some now n post em in a min but they will be the same as the Deadulus and Oddysey because they are the same class ship.

WraithWarrior
March 17th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Here are some caps I have made of the russian ship, the Koralev I believe its called and if you want/need more just ask, but there is only a limited number due to the short time it was shown. BEWARE these may contain spoilers of Camelot

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3362/pdvd2781cv.jpg
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/4904/pdvd2795yt.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9851/pdvd2801il.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1162/pdvd2814gh.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6637/pdvd2822qm.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1336/pdvd2830wh.jpg
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/38/pdvd2857rl.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2031/pdvd2862ke.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7667/pdvd2878hh.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6509/pdvd2887pj.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9089/pdvd2895sq.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1474/pdvd2900ps.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/611/pdvd2916zl.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8893/pdvd1971ao.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1849/pdvd1996bq.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/3117/pdvd2011ub.jpg

EDIT: I have noticed that the image quality is a bit crap cuz I had to compress them to JPG format but if you want better quality pics, I can email them to you because it takes too long to upload them to imageshack :D

RoMUS
March 17th, 2006, 04:03 AM
How did theyy build it so fast?

WraithWarrior
March 17th, 2006, 04:05 AM
How did theyy build it so fast?

I have no idea seeing as they gave them the specs a couple of eps before Camelot, but they did say they rushed it into battle so it wasnt at all ready and maybe they gave them a part built ship!? *shrugs*

Are the pics ok?

RoMUS
March 17th, 2006, 04:33 AM
So about a week to build a ship with shields....ori in such trouble.

When we goin to see some english ships then?suppose they will give it a name like arthur or elizabeth lol

zpm!!
March 17th, 2006, 05:30 AM
I believe that pic is from 220 - Allies. It could be damage from when the Wraith open fire on the Daedalus as soon as she leaves hyperspace before she has time to raise her shields.
If you look at the attached pic from the end of that ep you can see what looks like battle damage in the ringed areas.

Pic courtesy of www.stargatecaps.com (http://www.stargatecaps.com)

damage from allies in sga, season 2

Auralis
March 17th, 2006, 05:58 AM
The US did build the ship, not the russians.
And the next ship is said not to be complet in a year from now.

Kelt'ar
March 17th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Screw the Ori. Think their ships are so tough. (shouldn't they look Imposing and intimidating?) When I look at them, I think about taking a dump.

theStormWeaver
March 17th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Up untill 'Camelot' all the Deadalus class ships were referred to as BC-303, and if you deny it, you missed most of seasons 8 and 9. The one and only time any Deadalus class ship was not referred to as anything but a BC-303 or a Deadalus class is when Daniel asks Landry what we had to give the Russians to keep the gate, he says "a 304," Daniel says "I thought the next one wasn't due out the pipe for a few months." Landry responds "They rushed it into service due to the current circumstances."

KRiZ
March 17th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Up untill 'Camelot' all the Deadalus class ships were referred to as BC-303, and if you deny it, you missed most of seasons 8 and 9. The one and only time any Deadalus class ship was not referred to as anything but a BC-303 or a Deadalus class is when Daniel asks Landry what we had to give the Russians to keep the gate, he says "a 304," Daniel says "I thought the next one wasn't due out the pipe for a few months." Landry responds "They rushed it into service due to the current circumstances."

Give me one example of this, one episode where they state that, just saying oh its in season 8-9 etc doesn't cut it...

theStormWeaver
March 17th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I don't exactly remember the name of the episodes, but I remember Hammond calling it a BC-303, i'll get back to you on it.

Also, I challenge you to give an example where Deadalus, Odyssey, or Korelev are called anything but BC-303s or Deadalus class cruisers other than the example I gave above.

WraithWarrior
March 17th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Give me one example of this, one episode where they state that, just saying oh its in season 8-9 etc doesn't cut it...

The part hes referring to with Landry and Daniel is in either ep 19 or 20 of S9, Ill have to watch them again to find out

KRiZ
March 19th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I don't exactly remember the name of the episodes, but I remember Hammond calling it a BC-303, i'll get back to you on it.

Also, I challenge you to give an example where Deadalus, Odyssey, or Korelev are called anything but BC-303s or Deadalus class cruisers other than the example I gave above.

The daedalus type ships have only ever been referred to as "daedalus class" until crusade when Landry calls one a 304 that is the only time they are designated with a number

Stevo
March 19th, 2006, 11:32 PM
yes but some people were under the asumption that daedalus class ships were just a redesigned 303

KRiZ
March 20th, 2006, 05:30 AM
yes but some people were under the asumption that daedalus class ships were just a redesigned 303

well don't assume cos it makes an ass out of u and me

well it's also silly considering the Prometheus was a prototype hence X-303, whereas the Daedalus Class is a full blown production line ship

talyn2k1
March 20th, 2006, 06:44 AM
This really is getting quite tiresome now.
It has been CONFIRMED that Daedalus-class is a 304, this was in ep 919 or 920 as spoken by Landry to Daniel.
Previous mentionings of 303s (Moebius and Enemy Mine) are comments that were made before the decision to build a new design was made by TPTB. They can`t go back in time and change lines in previous episodes so these are just a couple of inconsistencies we will have to learn to live with.

So to sum up:
Prometheus = 303. As far as I am aware, the Prometheus itself was never referred to as a BC-303, only the future planned vessels of the class. If that is so, then it`s designation should remain X-303.

Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = 304. Whether they are DSC or BC remains to be seen. Daedalus and Korolev, to my knowledge, have never been referred to as BC-304s whereas the Odyssey patch clearly identifies Odyssey as a DSC. Seeing as all three ships are of the same class, it is therefore safe to assume for the time being that both Korolev and Daedalus are also designated as Deep Space Carriers, so the official designation for all three ships (Odyssey, Korolev, Daedalus) is DSC-304 Daedalus-class.

Hands up if anyone thinks this could be made any clearer.

FallenAngelII
March 20th, 2006, 07:19 AM
You're all wrong!

Prommie X-303, never recieved BC classification at any point in the series! also as first and only one of its design it is the eXperimental model

Also the Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev are all 304s, however the are not BC as they are not Battlecruisers, they are DSC-304 "Deep Space Carrier" Gateworld omnipedia says and so shall it be....

The Omnipedia has been wrong and is STILL wrong on several points.

Now, to settle this once and for all, I'm going to ask you all to re-watch "Crusade".

After the meeting with Chekov and the Chinese whatever, Landry said that they had to give the Russians something. When asked what it was, he said "The 304".

If wish people would start to actually pay attention and listen to the dialogue and not just pay attention when there's a lot of action going on.

Also, the Russians did not build the Korelev. They received it from the US and then renamed it to The Korelev from whatever it was called before that.

KRiZ
March 20th, 2006, 07:56 AM
This really is getting quite tiresome now.
It has been CONFIRMED that Daedalus-class is a 304, this was in ep 919 or 920 as spoken by Landry to Daniel.
Previous mentionings of 303s (Moebius and Enemy Mine) are comments that were made before the decision to build a new design was made by TPTB. They can`t go back in time and change lines in previous episodes so these are just a couple of inconsistencies we will have to learn to live with.

So to sum up:
Prometheus = 303. As far as I am aware, the Prometheus itself was never referred to as a BC-303, only the future planned vessels of the class. If that is so, then it`s designation should remain X-303.

Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = 304. Whether they are DSC or BC remains to be seen. Daedalus and Korolev, to my knowledge, have never been referred to as BC-304s whereas the Odyssey patch clearly identifies Odyssey as a DSC. Seeing as all three ships are of the same class, it is therefore safe to assume for the time being that both Korolev and Daedalus are also designated as Deep Space Carriers, so the official designation for all three ships (Odyssey, Korolev, Daedalus) is DSC-304 Daedalus-class.

Hands up if anyone thinks this could be made any clearer.

Fully in agreement with you here.