This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission: Impossible 3

The Sci-Fi Channel's website has a rumour that J.J. Abrams from Alias is going to direct the new sequel to the Mission: Impossible series. I know this isn't exactly Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but it sort of is. What do you think of this series? I liked the second one, but I thought the first one was to complicated.

First one imo, had a lot of characters that we didn't know if they were bad or not, which i thought was most interesting to find out, sadly, most of them were
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The second one was the best out of the two. The first one did set a pretty high bar though. WHat is this one about?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

No! The second one spent too much tıme panderıng to Tom Cruıse's dashıng good looks - hence the long slow-tıme sequences of Cruıse on a mountaın, cruıse on a motorbıke, Cruıse on a... (can't thınk of any more but I'm sure there were lots more ınstances). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed ıt, but the fırst was far better IMO.
        sum ergo cogitum
        I am therefore I think.

Comment

I don't know what the third one is about, but they start shooting in Berlin. So it could be based in Europe this time. The second one was my favourite.

Comment

I thought the second was pretty kewl But i can't help but to love the first one better, haha...

Comment

I didn't reallly understand the first one. It was to complicated for my liking.

Comment

Yah, it took me 2 rounds of watching the first one to actually get whats really going on, but once i did, i was 'wowed', but that doesn't mean i was 'wowed' with MI2, cause i still love it Haha...

Comment

I think the fact that the sequel was set in my country was a plus.

Comment

Haha, yah, that would give me a plus if a movie was set in the country of my origin would make me like it more, haha...

Comment

The third one takes place in Germany.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Euro's Haha... Here some cast notes about MI3 from Yahoo Movies...

It's possible that other M:I-2 cast members like Anthony Hopkins, and Thandie Newton could also return for this sequel. (11/18/03) Talking to SciFi.com, Tom Cruise remarked that he has not yet decided whether or not he will return as Ethan Hunt for this third movie. In any case, he will definitely still produce. (4/11/04) Tom Cruise is indeed returning as Ethan Hunt. (4/14/04) Dark Horizons reported a recent rumor that the cast may include Scarlett Johansson, Carrie-Anne Moss (as Ethan Hunt's romantic interest) and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the main villain. (7/19/04) Moss and Johansson are confirmed, but it's Kenneth Branagh who may (or may not be; I don't know) be playing the villain. Of course, given the pretzel-like nature of the plots of this movie, assigning any one character the label of "villain" might be academic.

Comment

I liked the 2 preveiws, and think that 3rd one is a good idea...just pls don't mess it up....

Comment

It sounds like it could be decent. To bad that stupid Matrix chick is in it.

Comment

I don't think theres anything wrong with her

Comment

Working...
                              X