Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror Image - Serenity Novel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...744021-6353239

16th of July. Anyone know about the story of it?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

That is just a placeholder for a *possible* Firefly novel. Amazon are getting ahead of themselves. At present there is no book by that name.

Out Now:
    Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
    Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
    "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Twitter

Comment

well at least they are considering making firefly novels!!
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
        well at least they are considering making firefly novels!!
        They are making at least two Firefly/Serenity novels;
        Pocket Books aquired the rights to publish a novelisation of Serenity (written by Keith R. A. DeCandido) and two original novels. The last time any info on these was released, Pocket had recieved story submissions from many different autors (including DeCandido) but they are yet to pick the two who will write. No one knows what the novels will be about or when it will be set (popular theory is that there'll be one pre-BDM and one post-BDM). If these two are successful, a Firefly/Serenity book fanchise is a distinct possibility.

Comment

Do they have any guesses on when the books will come out yet?
          sigpic

Comment

I love Firefly but I'm not sure I want to see a book franchise on it, the idea of people taking a beloved universe and making more of it without the touch of Joss Whedon to the project kinda scares me.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
              I love Firefly but I'm not sure I want to see a book franchise on it, the idea of people taking a beloved universe and making more of it without the touch of Joss Whedon to the project kinda scares me.
              I agree I don’t like reading and I would hate to miss anything because of it so no books well its just my opinion

Comment

Unfortunetly, it's probably not shared by many. Id love one.
                sigpic

Comment

Me too! It's like fanfic, but you pay for it!

Wait, that didn't sound right...

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                    Me too! It's like fanfic, but you pay for it!

Wait, that didn't sound right...
                    Lol, what an apt way of putting it.

Fanfiction by people who know the characters less than the fans and get paid for writing it...which you have to then pay money to read. I'll stick to the real stuff

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Actually, if theyre written like our fabulous FANdemonium books-by fans. Theyll be good.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I wouldnt mind some firefly books as long as there good. If they dont pick up the series and continue it on tv, At least the series would continue in book form.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                          Fanfiction by people who know the characters less than the fans and get paid for writing it...which you have to then pay money to read. I'll stick to the real stuff
                          Hmm. Well, some of us tie-in writers like to think that we are fans and we do know the characters...

Out Now:
                          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Twitter

Comment

I agree. I reckon that most of the people who are applying to write the Firefly books are Browncoats like the rest of us who just want to contribute something to the 'Verse. Just because they get paid for it doesn't mean that they love the 'Verse any less that the rest of us, or that they'd be more willing to skirt corners in order to make thier money.

Comment

That's a point, I just didn't figure they would be too big fans. Fair enough, I've never read a lot of tie ins but the few I have the authors really didn't have much of a grasp of the characters.

I suppose with a lot of the bigger series you can get away with it but I view the firefly 'verse as a more fragile one than most and also a lot more precious 'cause of all that its been through and still stuck it out. It's stayed true to what it is, to what Whedon wanted it to be. I'd just be worried that if they gave it to someone who didn't understand that it could change, y'know?

Didn't mean any offence Swallow.

Comment

Working...
                              X