Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Unlimited Source of Naquadah (Spoilers?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Unlimited Source of Naquadah (Spoilers?)

I am surprised this hasn't been addressed on the show, but given our recent advance in technology, and the frequent use of naquadah reactors and the use of naquadah in the X-303's and X-304's, Earth seems to need more and more of this precious mineral. Well, I found the perfect source for VAST quantities without leaving our local system.

Why don't we visit the "Failsafe" asteroid, which Anubis towed into a collision course with Earth. Granted, it was diverted, but it should still be in the system somewhere, and if we could tow it back to Earth (or at least nearby) - which we should be able to do, since a Ha'tak was able to tow it here, it could provide all the naquadah we would need for a very long time.

Descended

I already made a thread devoted to getting the naquadah out of that asteroid.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I think this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it so maybe it's just my imagination. Anyways, I think it's just more trouble than it's worth for now. It would be a lot more difficult to mine in space. Also given the size of the asteroid and where the core of naquadah was located within it (we saw in the cargo ship computer screen) they would have to dig through several kilometers before they even got to the naquadah. The stargate works fine for now, and even if in the unlikely event something happened to the gate, now that we have ships we could just go get another gate from an uninhabited world.

Comment

Sure enough, I stand abashed. Didn't see it.

Descended

Comment

Its okay ur new and didnt know about the search options.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Yep its been done but at least its not a Furling thread I have to wonder why its not been done, it really does make sense to track it and extract the naquada, oh well

Oh, and X-304? BC-303 maybe? Or is there something great gonna happen in Crusade on Tuesday??? (ignore me, i seem to have had one to many cofee's today)
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

TPTB like to pretend Earth is much stupider than in reality.

Best Stargate quote:
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                I think this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it so maybe it's just my imagination. Anyways, I think it's just more trouble than it's worth for now. It would be a lot more difficult to mine in space. Also given the size of the asteroid and where the core of naquadah was located within it (we saw in the cargo ship computer screen) they would have to dig through several kilometers before they even got to the naquadah. The stargate works fine for now, and even if in the unlikely event something happened to the gate, now that we have ships we could just go get another gate from an uninhabited world.

Not necessarily. Couldn't they just use the Asgard Beams to directly remove the Naquada from the Asteroid? I would think so. Sometimes the most simple tricks, can be the best ones.

My 1,000th post... WooHoo!!!

Last edited by Seastallion; 04 March 2006, 05:53 AM.
                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Its never been categorically said that they aren't using that naquada. We have "offworld" sources is the favourite phrase but surely an asteroid is offworld? With the Daedalus and Prometheus and korolev already built and more naquadah generators than i count i think we must have several sources of naquadah or we'd be running really low on supplys
                  the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                    Yep its been done but at least its not a Furling thread I have to wonder why its not been done, it really does make sense to track it and extract the naquada, oh well

Oh, and X-304? BC-303 maybe? Or is there something great gonna happen in Crusade on Tuesday??? (ignore me, i seem to have had one to many cofee's today)
                    Spoiler:

The Furlings already got their hands on it and are mining it!

Comment

We're using that mine on P3X-403 from the episode "Enemy Mine." Well... we're not using it exactly, the Unas are mining it and giving us the Naquadah.

Comment

Or maybe we found it on Mars or the moon, huh, huh??
                        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

^^^

Nope... it's been said a few times that our solar system doesn't have Naquadah naturally.

Comment

how do they know the whole system doesn't have any??
                            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

crash it into mars or something then mine it

Comment

Working...
                              X