This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ascension

SPOILERS............................................................
    So the ancients were studying non-corporeal life...ANd then they ascended. When you go on vacation you have people take care of your pets. The epsiode Sight Unseen they find an ancient device that allows them to see life forms that live in another dimension. Do you think that they were able to ascend becase they built an ascension device. Also, since atlantis is a city, shouldnt it have librariers and tools to repair equipment? How did they build the city? THey must have had machines to build all of the stuff. WHere did all of their equipment go? IF they found libraries and equipment they could build and repair everything they needed

Originally posted by electronlove
    SPOILERS............................................................
    So the ancients were studying non-corporeal life...ANd then they ascended. When you go on vacation you have people take care of your pets. The epsiode Sight Unseen they find an ancient device that allows them to see life forms that live in another dimension. Do you think that they were able to ascend becase they built an ascension device. Also, since atlantis is a city, shouldnt it have librariers and tools to repair equipment? How did they build the city? THey must have had machines to build all of the stuff. WHere did all of their equipment go? IF they found libraries and equipment they could build and repair everything they needed
    ]

More Spoiler Space.

They made a reference to evolution, which IMHO, implied that it was done by altering their DNA.
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with Mio. Going off on a limb, I believe that was part of the reason for the "dna altering" medicine doc gave McKay, to get us thinking about DNA altering devices/schemes etc. (I KNOW, its a tiny limb and I'm probably to far away from the trunk).

Comment

They have not searched but a fraction of the city still? Even if the tool shops and libraries were found, they may not yet be recognized for what they are. Hopefully the libraries are not the "head sucking" repository type.

Spoiler space
        Seemingly a bit of inconsistency regarding ascension or ascended non corporeal beings??
        re tonight's SG1 and SGA. So how come Anubis needed a body to go through the gate, but the ascended-like black shadow energy thing on Atlantis did not? Also, in the past; Olma deSala <sp> has traveled through a gate in her non corporeal form.
        Is Anubis thus crippled from being forced back to our "plane" of existence?
        Watching him in action; it did not seem that way.
        "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenzollern
          Is Anubis thus crippled from being forced back to our "plane" of existence?
          Watching him in action; it did not seem that way.

Ahhhh, good point, I didnt even catch that. Wonder if that was just a difference in scripts or there is really a reason behind the fact that anubis couldnt go through the gate w/o a body.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyh
            Ahhhh, good point, I didnt even catch that. Wonder if that was just a difference in scripts or there is really a reason behind the fact that anubis couldnt go through the gate w/o a body.
            It may have to do with the fact he was halfway descended by force. He may not be able to go through the gate uncontained without being destroyed.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

no they explained that...Anubis didnt need a body to go through the gate but he did need a body in order to react to things in the physical world, ie the tech that would allow him to build another force shield to contain his essence...just like Orlen(sp?), he had to de-acend in order for Sam and him to interact on a phy level ....last, the other reason that he needed a body is because if he used any of his ancient powers the others would know and come get him...

Comment

i disagree, if he can go thru the fate without a body then he can leave this ice world and find a body on another planet. i think Anubis is crippled so that he can not funtion for so long outside a body (or mask)

Comment

well, the way i figured it
                  he would need a body to build another vessel.
                  also he can't get off the ice planet because without the body he cannot use the DHD, so he's stuck there

Comment

I agree with what you said, the city should have weapons and things that take care of themselves. As for the bugs, I have no idea
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by nomadtw
                      well, the way i figured it
                      he would need a body to build another vessel.
                      also he can't get off the ice planet because without the body he cannot use the DHD, so he's stuck there
                      Unless he finds the equivilant of a polar bear and possesses that

Comment

Guess I was right about ascension. Hah I was right for once!

Comment

Yeah, once!
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by They call me Tim
                            no they explained that...Anubis didnt need a body to go through the gate but he did need a body in order to react to things in the physical world, ie the tech that would allow him to build another force shield to contain his essence...just like Orlen(sp?), he had to de-acend in order for Sam and him to interact on a phy level ....last, the other reason that he needed a body is because if he used any of his ancient powers the others would know and come get him...
                            However, when Orlen re-ascended after he had gotten shot, he was able to pick up the naquada generator and fly it high in the atmosphere before it exploded. Maybe Anubis was an equivalent to a child or infant in ascended Ancient terms. He may not have possesed enough ascension knowledge in order for him to interact with his enviroment.
                            The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
                            First, the garden. Next, the entire
                            PLANET!!!"

Comment

He knows how to do it, but The Others won't allow him to. That's what I think. Daniel explained it quite well in the episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X