Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZPM's and Stargates: Where do they come from?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM's and Stargates: Where do they come from?

THIS question has been bothering me ever sense Sg-1 started, but how were the Stargate's built, I mean I know the Ancients built them, but why haven't Sg-1 or the Atlantis team found a factory for building both ZPM's and Stargate's. I mean the Ancients had to have built them some how, shouldn't Atlantis the flying city that spaned billions of light years have to have some way to start a new civilzation within a galaxy? Atlantis should have a Stargate foundry or at least some way to make the bloody things. And why not also have a ZPM factory, did the Ancients just make them out of thin air??? I don't Think so.

Atlantis or Sg-1 should at least have some episode that will mention this in Season 10 (Sg-1) or Season 3 (Atlantis).

I mean come on people.

France...thats where they come from........
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis_Ori1987
      THIS question has been bothering me ever sense Sg-1 started, but how were the Stargate's built, I mean I know the Ancients built them, but why haven't Sg-1 or the Atlantis team found a factory for building both ZPM's and Stargate's. I mean the Ancients had to have built them some how, shouldn't Atlantis the flying city that spaned billions of light years have to have some way to start a new civilzation within a galaxy? Atlantis should have a Stargate foundry or at least some way to make the bloody things. And why not also have a ZPM factory, did the Ancients just make them out of thin air??? I don't Think so.

Atlantis or Sg-1 should at least have some episode that will mention this in Season 10 (Sg-1) or Season 3 (Atlantis).

I mean come on people.
      Imagination.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

imagination that is your life creation come on Barbie let go party, oh soory just a bit of topic their,

Well this really does depens on who you speak to, some people say it would make the show boring because the sg and sga teams would have it to easy and we would win every fight, personelly I think it a cock out by the writer so they can continually writing easy to do story lines and do not have to show smart enemys. Yes useing all known logic to me we should by now of seen at lease seen ZPM production facility, but well we would not have a clue how to use it and as ZPMs work by producing a artifical universe it would be incredibley dangerous to use even for rodney and not something to really be playing around as he did with trinity as instead of just destroying a solar system you could possibly destroy the galexy at lease and the universe at the most, well if they wanted to continuall they could do it in a alternate universe. Their is a theory I had that the reason their is no stargate production facility on atlantis is because they took enough of them to seed planets locally to atlantis, enough so they could gather the resources to build factories this could I suppose be the same with the ZPM , but why did not that guy weir met when she travel back in the past tell her where they were, which is a mystery to me, even if the wraith destroy the facility their still a slight possibility that their could be at lease one ZPM left or where their stargate product facility was, which guest would be power by a ZPM.
        Again I think it just cock out by the writer and producers of the show.

Comment

It is entirely possibly that the stargates were created in several different locations, more modular, and simply assembled. Differently labratories could be designed for different functions for testing the technology. We know that if a stargate goes "boom" it makes a pretty big blast. It would make sense to me that they would use a modular design and then just play a game of connect the pieces later.

As for the ZPM's, Wouldnt it be a little too easy to find a factory and just start pumping out ZPM's? I mean, if they found a nearly destroyed complex somewhere that built them with only partial schematics, I would be fine with that. Maybe they will find a factory... Altantis is only in its second year, going on third...

Oh! Just remembered. Maybe the ancients hid the factories? So the wraith of HZV-people couldnt find them?

Sorry if this was incohearant... Im a little sugar-high

Comment

I can't see Stargate production as an industry that would have to last very long.

Think about it. The Ancients arrive in Pegasus, they make a thousand stargates, maybe a few spares, and then they are done. They no longer have a need to ever produce a Stargate for the galaxy ever again. Stargates are durable, they don't need replacement. The Ancients were in Pegasus for millions of years. I see no reason why they'd need to keep the stuff to build Stargates around.
            sigpic

Comment

Well...what if they wanted to colonize another galaxy? The information and such about gate and ZPM building should at least be in the database...GET DANIEL TO GO READ IT...

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan Deltoran
                Well...what if they wanted to colonize another galaxy? The information and such about gate and ZPM building should at least be in the database...GET DANIEL TO GO READ IT...
                Then they'd build another plant. I don't see what would be so difficult about building a small plant to manufacture a mere 1000 stargates, then rebuilding a similar plant a million or so years later.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                  France...thats where they come from........
                  No no no-leaning tower of piza=giant zpm(hidden factory inside)
                  MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                  I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                    No no no-leaning tower of piza=giant zpm(hidden factory inside)
                    OMG - I hadnt even seen that one....they were trying to do the Trinity power thing again!!!!
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Well think about it this way,

If your race is about to diminish, and your enemy is about to overrun you!

do you

1. Ascend and leave LOADS of schematics and plans for ZPM's, ancient technology and even FACTORIES to produce them in for the enemy to claim as a prize and become even stronger.

or

2. Do you get rid of everything, delete the data, burn the factories and maybe in the atlantis case hide the cities VERY well.. i mean atlantis couldnt really be found by any wraith cause it was under the ocean for like uncountable number of years, it was only until the atlantis team raised it again that the wraith became aware of it.... If the wraith had gotten hold of all the ancient technology back then they would have been by far the most powerful race by now...

Comment

Wait for next season's "Progeny," slated to be in the first half of the season (looks like it might be the mid-season cliffhanger).

You'll find out where at least one of those things comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                          Wait for next season's "Progeny," slated to be in the first half of the season (looks like it might be the mid-season cliffhanger).

You'll find out where at least one of those things comes from.
                          I haven't read the spoilers (and never will), but I can tell you it's NOT the midseason cliffhanger. Joe said so in his blog.

Or rather, he talked about Progeny/The Real World, and then he talked about the mid-season 2 parter.

Comment

Well a Mummy zpm and a Daddy zpm...

Comment

Yeah...I've read the spoilers for Progeny...I think some of these questions may be answered (but possibly many more raised)...

Comment

Working...
                              X