Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford's Fate? Will he appear in Season 3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford's Fate? Will he appear in Season 3?

Hey. Simple question.

After season 2x11: "The Hive", we saw the Hive Ship go up, and we're not sure whether Ford went up with with the ship, or he escaped.

Will Ford be back as a normal character, recurring actor, or is he gone forever?

Thanks
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

he'll be back someday i hope shpperad was making progress towards getting back to atlantis

you know ford he found a way
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It hasnt been addressed, but TPTB left it open in case they needed him.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I very much doubt they've killed him off. I think that they were doing there best to show that by what John said.
        Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
        The Strongest Will Survive!
        I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

I hope he comes back

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
            I hope he comes back
            Me too. the show isn't the same without him.
            Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

I think he will return
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

When he finally destroy one Hive, he will return to Atlantis.
                Mi chceme Zelenku!!! Mi chceme více češtiny v SGA!!!

Comment

I think we will see him again! I like SUPER FORD..lol..

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

I suppose we've discussed this dozens of times... probably since the beginning of S2 or even the end of S1...

I hope he does come back... but in an interesting sort of way... in a recovery arc perhaps. I don't think it's enough for him just to slide back into the team as if nothing's happened. I would love to see the kinds of repercussions the enzyme has on him long term.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

i wouldnt be surprised if ford doesnt make an appearance in s3 but if there is a s4, he'd make it there definately. superford is awesome and i hope that rsf makes more appearances in sga. i think ford has too big a fan base for tptb to just kill him off like that, unless rsf never wants to do sga ever again.

Comment

I'm not sure, but heres a guess though.

First off, I want to say that I really like Ronan, but Ronan promised to find Ford and help him, if SGA helped him remove the implant.

Ok now i'm going to get back on track.

I think the episode in season 3, about Ronan's homeworld, may be where we may see the last of Ronan for a while. It would be exactly one season since we first saw Ronan (2x03 we saw Ronan as the Runner). This was the exact same way as Jonas was in SG1, where we saw him join the team in 6x03 and he left in 7x02.

I think the idea of the writers was to build more character to Ford. Ford reminded me of a young guy who joined the armed forces for an adventure. Both smart, strong but a bit immature with respect to other characters such as Sheppard, Teyla, Ronan, McKay, etc.

I hope that by introducing the storyline of "Super Ford" it builds his character alot. I'm hoping they will eventually work more on the enzyme storyline just like they did with the drug that turns Wraiths into humans, so that we can learn more about the wraith. Also an idea for a storyline is to reintroduce this enzyme and finding a way to give continous shots like Tretonin with the only side effect that once you take it, you have to take it otherwise you die. (Similar story to the SG1 episode Cure).

I'm hoping it comes to this, because Ford is such a cool guy, (though he seemed a bit weak in season 1) but I grown to like his character in Season 2.

Also it would be nice to see Ronan gone for a while. Don't get me wrong, Ronan is an amazing character and contributed with the SGA team really well. BUT, I think its time to have Ford back.

Hopefully we will see him in SGA Season 3!

Comment

Good theory but a Jonas / Ronan comparison is flawed

1) First off why the character was written into the show.
                          Jonas was created to fill a hole left by Michael Shanks departure
                          Ronan was created because TPTB felt the shows dynamic needed altering (their words not mine) and so sent Ford off on the enzyme arc and brought in Ronan

2) Fan reaction
                          In SG1 there was considerable uproar about Jonas and he wasn't very popular
                          By and large the majority of the fans really like Ronan and he is popular, while at the same time really enjoying "Super Ford"

Basically Jonas was created because they couldn't get Michael Shanks for a year, when he returned they got rid of Jonas. Ronan was introduced not out of nessisity like Jonas but because TPTB felt he was needed and I don't think they'll change there mind

Now assuming RSF is available to do more episodes and the right story came along I'd love him to come do more guest spots on the show (I really enjoyed his appearances in S2).
                          sigpic

Comment

I figure he will return. I've been recently toying with the idea of a storyline of him and his group in control of a Wraith Cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                              Good theory but a Jonas / Ronan comparison is flawed

1) First off why the character was written into the show.
                              Jonas was created to fill a hole left by Michael Shanks departure
                              Ronan was created because TPTB felt the shows dynamic needed altering (their words not mine) and so sent Ford off on the enzyme arc and brought in Ronan

2) Fan reaction
                              In SG1 there was considerable uproar about Jonas and he wasn't very popular
                              By and large the majority of the fans really like Ronan and he is popular, while at the same time really enjoying "Super Ford"

Basically Jonas was created because they couldn't get Michael Shanks for a year, when he returned they got rid of Jonas. Ronan was introduced not out of nessisity like Jonas but because TPTB felt he was needed and I don't think they'll change there mind

Now assuming RSF is available to do more episodes and the right story came along I'd love him to come do more guest spots on the show (I really enjoyed his appearances in S2).

Thanks for your insight there. That was the most informative post I have ever read on my time at Gateworld

You're right, I didn't think about the fact the fans and the storyline. But I guess this is how the show will evolve. Hell for 9 years, SG1 had a 4 man team, and now in season 10, we will see Vala being their 5th member on the team, which makes me wonder if having Superford back as a 5th member of the team, it would be quite interesting too.

Besides the SGA teams aren't made the same way as in SG1. For instance, if you noticed they never called any of their teams SG# (# = 1,2,3,4,....) but if you saw Michael, they called the teams bravo team and such.

It would be cool to see a 5 man team. I think it would be quite neat actually when I think about it.

Theres Sheppard - L.Col as commander of Atlantis, and team commander.
                              Ronan - A guy capable of tracking the enemy and fighting capability
                              Teyla - Now having telepathy (minor ability) and knowing pegasus well

AND

Superford - Specialize in weapons and explosives. AND HES ON THE ENZYME. Which makes him equal in fighting Ronan (except he doesn't have that whole tracking ability).

Hopefully maybe a 5 man team should be thought of and considered down the road.

BTW:
                              There was NO SARCASM in the compliment that I just gave.

Comment

Working...
                              X