This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason the Ori hate the Ancients

The Ori are religious fanatics who probably distorted are religous belief that they and the alterrians have (had). Much like the KKK did to Christianity and like Bin Laden has done to Islam. They are religious fanatics that hate people who advance through education. The Alterrians stand for the advancing of civilization through education. I'm not saying religion keeps people ignorant just fanatics of religion what people ignorant so they can have greater control over society.

When the Ori learned to ascend like the alterrians did they took that hate and need for control with them to the next level.

I hope this make sense and is helpful.
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Could be possible. Perhaps ascended beings appearances reflect their inner nature. The Ori being fiery and wrathful beings, Ancients being white peaceful beings and another type which included Anubis were...dark...empty inside, only wanted more and more.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Is it possible for Ascended beings to go insane?

Possibly, the methods that the Ori used to ascend generated a type of psychosis, leading to delusions of divinity. Or, it could be as simple as the Ori using their Ascended powers with good intentions, but steadily becoming corrupt and oppressive, since they had no checks to their influence over mortals.

Comment

I'm willin to bet that the Ori hate the Ancients because the Ori were yippin' away like Daniel was when he was in the diner, and the Ancients totally ignored him.

Comment

Theory:
          Maybe the Ori were the first to learn to ascend, and the Alterans stole the know-how through tecnology. Maybe the Alterans because their hadn't the right intelect in order to ascend and throughout technology stole the Ori's "mojo" so they could also ascend, and because the Ori no longer poses "mojo" they need a surrogate. And that surrogate is 6 hours of devotion per day from beings from lower plaines of existence. I think the Ori want to end this and get back their "mojo" and the only way to get it back is by destroying the Alterans (Ancients).
          (I thought "mojo" is better than "something vital")
          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
            Theory:
            Maybe the Ori were the first to learn to ascend, and the Alterans stole the know-how through tecnology. Maybe the Alterans because their hadn't the right intelect in order to ascend and throughout technology stole the Ori's "mojo" so they could also ascend, and because the Ori no longer poses "mojo" they need a surrogate. And that surrogate is 6 hours of devotion per day from beings from lower plaines of existence. I think the Ori want to end this and get back their "mojo" and the only way to get it back is by destroying the Alterans (Ancients).
            (I thought "mojo" is better than "something vital")
            This may be possible, although I don't think the Alterrans would of stolen anything from the Ori. Orlin says that they were the same society, however if the Ori were 'religious' they may have been more like the people we see in 'Epiphany' (S2 Atlantis), meditating on ascension, and definately may have resented the Alterrans if they were trying to attain the same means through technology. I think they may have truly believed that their descendants (the humans they created) must also follow a more religious life before they are 'worthy' of evolving to ascension.

Comment

It could be hatred of that which is different
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
                This may be possible, although I don't think the Alterrans would of stolen anything from the Ori. Orlin says that they were the same society, however if the Ori were 'religious' they may have been more like the people we see in 'Epiphany' (S2 Atlantis), meditating on ascension, and definately may have resented the Alterrans if they were trying to attain the same means through technology. I think they may have truly believed that their descendants (the humans they created) must also follow a more religious life before they are 'worthy' of evolving to ascension.
                Well yeah, but the Ori certainly haven't stayed "enlightened".

Comment

I think Jash is quite right.
                  And it's possible that the Ori originally (hah!) had good intentions, but millenia of playing with people's lives and deciding everything for them inevitably resulted in corruption. That's why the Altera don't do that sort of thing.

Comment

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Maybe the Ori will to dominate is that simple. Their power is not absolute, but it would seem to be absolute compared to mortals.

Comment

Originally posted by FNH USA P90
                      Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Maybe the Ori will to dominate is that simple. Their power is not absolute, but it would seem to be absolute compared to mortals.
                      I agree.

Another theory is that the Ori's religious beliefs could have been centered around gods like the Greek ones that didn't particularly care about humanity but were mostly involved in their own affairs. If they see ascencion as attaining godhood, and worshipped that version of god, then when they acheived it they simply shifted their perspective to that that of the gods they always worshipped. ie. Humans don't matter. Anyone incapable of attaining ascension on their own have no value unless to serve a greater purpose, theirs. We're expendable because we're not immortal and we're going to die anyway.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The Ori hate the Ancients, IMO, because the Ancients rejected them and their way of doing things. The Ori probably truly believe what they are doing is justified by their power. And feel betrayed by their former brethen. They plan to
                        Spoiler:
                        wipe out the Ancients so no one can ever challenge their power
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

didn't they already say the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Orlin
                            A long time ago the Ori and the Altherans were 1 society, human on a evolutionary path to ascension, but a philosofical division grew the Ori grew more and more (word i have no idea how to spell ) in their religious believe.
                            The Altherans for lack of a better way of putting it believed in science.
                            The Ori tried to wipe them out
                            Originally posted by Daniel
                            So instead of going to war, the Altherans build a ship, left their galaxy and came here.
                            We know the Ori and the Altherans eventually ascended and that the Ori passed on a religion called Origin to the next evolution of humans they created.
                            The Ori hate the ancients because the ancients didn't agree with them, and while the Ori think they should be worshipped as gods, the ancients believe in free will.

That's just why the Ori hate them.
                            error: signature not found

Comment

Its only a TV series. Dont get carried away.

Comment

Working...
                              X