Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you get an Error Message when you try creating threads, read this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you get an Error Message when you try creating threads, read this.

revised 9-22-06
    If you are trying to create a thread and get a message saying

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
    you may want to try the instruction that are in the blue text below before trying the more detailed instruction below

i recently discovered that if you click on my controls and click on option on the left and scroll down to the very bottom and you will see editing mode set it to standard (if it isn't already) and you shouldn't have any error message when trying to make a thread try it

if the above doesn't work try the instructions below
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    thanks TechnoWraith for the fix

Try this:
    In the Reply window,mouse over to the upper right hand area, just above the smiles. If you place your cursor on the smiley, and move straight up, you will run into a little icon that looks like two letter A's. If you hover your pointer on this icon, it says "Switch Editor Mode" in a little pop-up. Click that icon once. You should now be able to start new threads and not get that "Message is too short" error.

One trick i use when writing a long post, is to copy and paste the entire post That way, if errors or issues come up, I at least have a copy of the post.

this is how it looks before doing the above instructions

you want the A to look like this (below)

then you can add what you want in the thread. after you are done click the submit thread

PM me if you have any question or if I need to edit anything
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 22 September 2006, 06:50 AM. Reason: Updating
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Yes, it helped! Though clicking the thing itself didn't solve my problem, it pointed me in the right direction. I had to get into my profile and change my setting there. And thank you to ParadoxRealities for steering me to this thread!

Comment

recently updated hope it helps everyone who needs It i think i finally got it

PM me if i need to add anything
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
      X