This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gou'ald question! Please respond

Every jaffa carries a larval Gou'ald in their stomachs and there are thousands and thousands of jaffa. How come we only see a few dozen Gou'ald who have taken hosts? Is there a planet in which thousands of Gou'ald who have taken hosts live on? Because I dont understand how thousands of jaffa can carry these larval Gou'ald but you never see that many mature Gou'ald who have taken hosts. This may seem like a dumb question but it is something that I have always wondered.

thanks
    clinton

Originally posted by Clinton Mills
    Every jaffa carries a larval Gou'ald in their stomachs and there are thousands and thousands of jaffa. How come we only see a few dozen Gou'ald who have taken hosts? Is there a planet in which thousands of Gou'ald who have taken hosts live on? Because I dont understand how thousands of jaffa can carry these larval Gou'ald but you never see that many mature Gou'ald who have taken hosts. This may seem like a dumb question but it is something that I have always wondered.

thanks
    clinton
    It is possible that there are more Goauld than we are aware of...plus, some of them may die in the pouch with the Jaffa while their system lords dish it out with other system lords.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Interesting question. My guess would be a lot of those immature symbiotes never get hosts because, look at the lifestyle of their incubators. Being carried in the body of someone who's purpose in the heirarchy is to fight battles isn't conducive to making it to maturity. And in Summit/Last Stand (not sure which part) the System Lords present were eating adult symbiotes.
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Not to mention that the System Lords dine on symbiotes to keep the population down. And the fact that the chances of a successful blending is 50% IIRC (the host dies, I have no idea about the symbiote).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
          Not to mention that the System Lords dine on symbiotes to keep the population down. And the fact that the chances of a successful blending is 50% IIRC (the host dies, I have no idea about the symbiote).
          That was without the Jaffa as incubators.[1] The Goa'uld System Lords also don't want too many lower Goa'uld out there, since they are all powermongers, so they get rid of them in different ways, eating being one of them, executing someone for not succeeding the first time is another one.

[1]Stargate SG-1, S06E10, The Cure.

Comment

It never made sense to me. We Earthers are short-lived, limited to one planet, are subject to all sorts of disease and infirmities, have relatively few babies per female - compared to the Goa'uld - decimate the population regularly with wars, famine, natural disaster and abortion, and yet we've hit the six and a half billion mark in a mere ten thousand years of recorded growth.

The Goa'uld, OTOH, have plenty of territory - every habitable planet in the MW Gate system, only professional soldiers do the actual fighting for the most part and they do not get ill. There ought to be dozens of planets filled with Goa'uld citizens.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              That was without the Jaffa as incubators.[1] The Goa'uld System Lords also don't want too many lower Goa'uld out there, since they are all powermongers, so they get rid of them in different ways, eating being one of them, executing someone for not succeeding the first time is another one.

[1]Stargate SG-1, S06E10, The Cure.
              Yet, the Cure shows the very answer to that problem!

Just as Egeria chose not to give her hapless children any memories, and just as she gave her Tok'Ra children only those memories that would help them stay good and oppose the Goa'uld, so, too, the Goa'uld queens should be able to spawn less ambitious symbiotes - worker type symbiotes if you will. It would just be a matter of the queen selecting what memories her particular batch of spawn will have.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Which poses the question: What the heck would the Jaffa keep calling them Gods for?

So we have gods that need to be incubated inside of Jaffa and risk dying when said Jaffa fight. And Gods who are subserviant and much less powerful that some other Gods.

Then again, the Jaffa have proven to be quite spineless.
                Spoiler:
                Ba'al managed to acquire some after all and no Jaffa seems to wonder why there are several of him.

Comment

There are, or at least were, many minor Goa'uld who serve the System Lords. The System Lords probably go through many servants this way, as any who fail in their mission or attempt to overthrow the more powerful Lord are killed.
                  SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

THey are pertty cut throat
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The reason is because all Gou'ald are power hungry and want to get their own army/domain/etc. If the system lords let all mature symbiotes take a host then it would be more competition for each of them

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                        The reason is because all Gou'ald are power hungry and want to get their own army/domain/etc. If the system lords let all mature symbiotes take a host then it would be more competition for each of them
                        Exactly! I don't think they ultimately care that much about their many 'children'. They seem to use them primarily to enslave the Jaffa.

Comment

Plus considering the very 'survival of the fittest' attitude the Jaffa and Goa'uld maintain plus the Goa'uld's casually sending off their Jaffa armies to die in their thousands for anything would prevent such symbiotes from maturing.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            Plus considering the very 'survival of the fittest' attitude the Jaffa and Goa'uld maintain plus the Goa'uld's casually sending off their Jaffa armies to die in their thousands for anything would prevent such symbiotes from maturing.
                            Yep, you said it

Comment

In many episodes we've seen minor gouald working for system lords as scientists and stuff and many many Jaffa die in battle

Comment

Working...
                              X