X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Ronon Need a New Look?

I was watching Micheal and it got me thinking does Ronon need a new look

maybe a hair cut or new clothes or just changes his characters more development

any thoughts
    Yes!
    28.97%
    Heck no!
    71.03%
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 30 March 2006, 10:05 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Ronon has been with our group for awhile now, I think Weir and Co. could get him some clothes that aren't so ratty, but I do like his long coat.

As for the hair - don't touch it!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

hes going to end up looking like aragorn, long leather coat big weapons stapped about and long black hair.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

He's fine as he is.

Jason says he has a 'summer wardrobe', so maybe you'll see him in newer garments as seson three goes on, but he should definitely retain his look.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
        ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

I hate it that shows will keep a character's look constant through the series' run.

You know, people get older. They get tired of having dreadlocks. Summer rolls around and and I'm sure Ronan is eventually going to think about shaving that damn rat's nest off of his skull. I like the way Ronan looks but it's not very practical that he would keep the same moppy 'do during the entire life of the show.

I understand why a charcter's appearance doesn't chnage much during a show's life. The character's appearance is tied in with his iconic recognition. When people think of Ronan, one of the first things people will remember is that hair of his. His unkempt appearance. Like that of a survivalist just returned from several years in the wildreness (which may not be far from the truth for Ronan's character). Not changing his appearnace makes good marketing practice since product developers don't have to have a season by season update on a character's looks. However, it's not very realistic.

Summer will come on whatever damn planet Atlantis is on and Ronan's going to get itchy.

Comment

Maybe some new clothes, possibly the normal Atlantis off world gear or a T-shirt and Jeans when not on a mission.
            Betrayed

Comment

He needs to look alot meaner than what he is...hes suppsed to be this big badass guy and he dresses like a pesant

Comment

NO, NO, NO! Ronon doesn't need anything, except good scripts. Jason is doing a great job getting into the character of Ronon, and as he has requested a degree of control over his "costume and accessories", I'm certain that as he feels the character change, his appearance will also.

Personally, I feel "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I don't think Ronon needs a new look for season three, but I am curious what they'll do with his look in future seasons. I imagine that much like Daniel and Sam, his hair will change as his character changes and evolves. If (God willing!) five or six years from now he still looks the same, with the same dreds, I'll be kind of disappointed too. But for a few more seasons I can drool over his wild look quite happily...

Comment

Originally posted by woman22980
                    I don't think Ronon needs a new look for season three, but I am curious what they'll do with his look in future seasons. I imagine that much like Daniel and Sam, his hair will change as his character changes and evolves. If (God willing!) five or six years from now he still looks the same, with the same dreds, I'll be kind of disappointed too. But for a few more seasons I can drool over his wild look quite happily...
                    He has had a makeover over the past season. He started off looking all scragly and now he's beck to how he was when he was a soldier in the Sateda military (bound back and neat), I don't think he would be changing any time soon.
                    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

LOL.. For right now... keep the look.. maybe an extra change of clothing..ooorrr perhaps... a NO SHIrt Scene..lol..that what I call Character Development! Lmao... But I like the Hair I mean..its kinda like "his thing" It would be boring if he cut his hair short like everyone else..ya know?! I do have to SAY that they should freakin have them REDONE once in a while... :/ To keep them from looking all nappy and what not..like in Micheal you can tell he got his Hair DID..lol.. Maybe in a couple of Seasons..we might get somthing close to how he looked in Johnson's FAmily Vacation... Heck... if they NEED To make a change...slap some cornRows on him and call it a DAY! Lol... Pluse..NO SHIRT... Yup...Character Development! LMAO.... **RUNS AWAY***

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

personally? i'd like him to get rid of the dreads. I don't care for them any more than i care for the elaborate braided hair of african americans. and it's not asthetic, it's a cleanliness issue. hair that is bound up like that for long periods of time doesn't get washed as well or as easily and it kinda squicks me.

but in the end, it ain'tmy head, or the head that's on my pillow , so whatever he does works for me. i just quietly cringe when i see it
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't foresee him getting a new look for another season. At the moment he's the dreadlock man and that gives him something of unique persona among the team.
                          In the early days when I saw the promos, he did remind me of Chewbacca... it's hard not to but the character's growing on me and I think it fits. The angry young man, with the big gun and the sword. Besides... where is he going to hide all those knives if the locks go?
                          I think he should hang on to this look for a while... it seems too tied up with his personality to be cast aside just yet.
                          The look should change in accordance to any changes in story.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Oh man, I love Ronon's dreads! But I think he could pull off short hair, pretty well, too. I can't really imagine him without that beard or that coat, though. The coat's great cause it's got that rugged feel to it, and it's just an extension of Ronon's personality.

I could see him getting into the t-shirts that everyone on Atlantis wears, but as for jeans? Mmm, not so much. He doesn't seem like a denim type of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              personally? i'd like him to get rid of the dreads. I don't care for them any more than i care for the elaborate braided hair of african americans. and it's not asthetic, but in the end, it ain'tmy head, or the head that's on my pillow , so whatever he does works for me. i just quietly cringe when i see it

'Elaborate braided hair of african americans'? To each his own.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              it's a cleanliness issue. hair that is bound up like that for long periods of time doesn't get washed as well or as easily and it kinda squicks me.
                              Excuse me? Who have you been speaking to? How do you know 'hair bound up like that doesn't get washed as well or as easily'? I happen to be of African descent and I can tell you quite clearly that they do bloody well get washed well and quite easily, moisturizing is the problem. We do use shampoo and water to wash the hair, for your info. If you want some info on dreads, I can supply you with a few links so you'd know what their about.

Originally posted by Lida
                              NO, NO, NO! Ronon doesn't need anything, except good scripts. Jason is doing a great job getting into the character of Ronon, and as he has requested a degree of control over his "costume and accessories", I'm certain that as he feels the character change, his appearance will also.

Personally, I feel "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
                              I agree with this. He looks fine, and I'm happy there's no bare chests on display and he has enough movement. Although he could do with a trim....it would just keep the dreds tighter looking. Oh and he needs them repalmed, just to keep the roots in check--too much regrowth. By the way I wouldn't mind if he grew out his chin hair a bit more and maybe braid it--give him a more vicious look!!!

Okay so maybe I think he does need a new look.
                              Last edited by vaberella; 28 February 2006, 10:41 PM.
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                              X