This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is something about Macky in Chinese forum

Many chinese don't like Macky,although i considered he is the most value people in Atlantis.But ,they considered Macky is very salacity,squeamish,arrogance,consider himself always right,be afraid of dead,and etc.
    but i don't know how do you think about Macky in this forum?
    OK,let's discuss about Macky.

Macky is the most value people in Atlantis

Comment

We love him here. He's my favourite SGA character.

Comment

Originally posted by wildwolf
        Many chinese don't like Macky,although i considered he is the most value people in Atlantis.But ,they considered Macky is very salacity,squeamish,arrogance,consider himself always right,be afraid of dead,and etc.
        Well, it appears the Chinese understand Mckays character well enough, he certainly is all those things. He is all those things but he is also loyal to his friends and will make himself do things to help them even if he is squeamish or scared to die and he is certainly one of the most valuable people in Atlantis. He is all thes things, thats what makes his character so great!!!
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Why wouldn't the Chinese understand McKay's character? There's cowardly and arrogant people in China too.
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

And who's NOT afraid to die? Who here's all "It's fine if I die tomorrow"?

Comment

Chinese people not liking McKay is understandable. Many Chinese today are still to some extent influenced by traditional Chinese beliefs and ways of conduct which are based on Confucian and Toaist principles.They emphasise how a man should behave, I don't know much about it but i do know that it does stress modesty in one's life, something which McKay can't do.

There are still quite a few old school Chinese parents around the world who do try to teach morals to their kids based on Chinese culture, though western culture seems to be prevalent in today's kids even in China.

Comment

Originally posted by wildwolf

HI,GUY, ARE YOU Chinese?

How do you how Chinese judge Mckay?

Can you give the website of the Chinese forum?

Comment

Chinese fans of stargate in the chinese FORUM LOVE Mckay very much.

please have a look, here a link to a Chinese forum of stargate.
                  http://www.sger.net/viewthread.php?t...extra=page%3D1

here ,the following Chinese characters come from the forum and followed with my translation.
                  我敢打赌,MCKAY绝对不是个怕死的科学家
                  -------> I bet and I am very sure that Mckay is a great scientists who never scare death.

除了有点婆妈之外,这小子挺有奉献精神的,LOOK
                  -------> except hesitation sometimes, he is a guy with the spirit of dedication.

Comment

Mckay is very good guy, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X