Browncoat produced show based on Firefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browncoat produced show based on Firefly

Into The Black is a new show made by fans. Production is based in Vancouver.
    More info at their site.
    Into The Black

Here is Joss' response to this(from Whedonesque.com):

I hate to have to do this, but this has become a legal matter.

Sirs --

"According to article 16C-12 of the M.P.A., no entertainment (intended for television, radio or internet broadcast) based upon existing licensed intellectual properties may in any way be allowed or approved of by creator(s) of said intellectual property. Further, upon notification of such unauthorized entertainment, said creator(s) is in no way legally sanctioned to comment upon same. Creator(s) shall in no way refer to said unauthorized 'show' or 'site' as "wicked cool" or "*****in'." Examination of the ship (herein designated "Samsara") shall not be in any way legally awesome, and creator(s) shall not in any contractually binding way grin. The perpetrators of this entertainment shall not have fuzzy feelings, nor be, under penalty of fine or imprisonment, all up in themselves. Dag, yo."

I hate to throw cold water on a well-meaning enterprise like this, but that's the law. Meanwhile, I in no way eagerly await the first episode or think it's about damn time this universe was expanded just a little bit more. However, I think I can safely make one or two suggestions to help. One: Have the characters get into all sorts of shenanigans on a regular basis. Two: Always remember that the integrity of your universe's reality must be maintained unless you think of something cool. Three: Have Chekhov get really old.

Thank you for understanding my precarious legal position on this. I wish I could be more supportive, but I am a machine. An android cannot cry, except that nancy-boy The Vision, who, let me tell you, you don't wanna see "Terms of Endearment" with that guy, you can't even hear the movie.

Sincerely, The JossWhedonbot, model 421-C-aplhadog-12(defective).

joss | February 27, 17:48 CET

Wait I'm confused...it sounded like he didnt want it to happen, and then he gave advice?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      Wait I'm confused...it sounded like he didnt want it to happen, and then he gave advice?
      The whole thing is Joss in sarcastic mode, if you read the legal part it has many words and phrases that shouldn't be in a legal document.
      Last edited by darman; 27 February 2006, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darman
        The whole thing is Joss in sarcastic mode, if you read the legal part it has many things and words that shouldn't be in legal document.
        Really? And here I though "Wiked Cool" was a a perfectly acceptable legal term
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          Really? And here I though "Wiked Cool" was a a perfectly acceptable legal term
          Man do I wish Joss wrote all legal disclaimers. Then I would have a reason to read the back of my credit card bill and question the 30% interest offer.

Comment

Wow this sounds very intersting.
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I'm interested.

Comment

I know i "WILL" not be watching this when it comes out. I also think the ship "is" not "BAD @$$" or anything like that.
                http://www.alteranancients.com/
                http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. (Adam Savage - Mythbusters.)

Comment

I think the Firefly universe is a very interesting one that could use a little more delving. I'm interested, but I'd rather Whedon use his universe for a show again instead of fans.

Comment

Yay

XXX

Comment

Certainly looks cool. And, since when was "*****ing" not a legal term?
                      Zaphod Beeblebrox for president!

Comment

Gosh! That seems so *****ing awsome! I wish I were in it >___<! Think they could use an extra? I'm willing to make the trip to Vancouver XD I mean to go there someday anyway

Can't wait for the first episode
                        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Bump
                          http://www.alteranancients.com/
                          http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. (Adam Savage - Mythbusters.)

Comment

Ok, shameless bump...kinda.

Looks like the project is moving forward. I've chatted with the people who are responsible for it online and they are a very nice group. They've been doing a bunch of filming lately, despite being kicked out of their last "studio." They are now rebuilt and better than ever. I would expect a second episode soon after the first, seeing as how they're doing the "Firefly thing" and mixing up their filming/airing schedule. LOL

I can't wait for this, it should be very excellent!

Comment

Hey, that looks so cool! It'll be so interesting to see the show. Does anyone know, or have a link, to how it'll be available to the public to see? I just had a quick squiz at the site, but I couldn't see it. Would it be something for people to download? Or would it be in DVD, or what? If anyone knows.

Joss is so funny with his legal document. I agree with darman that Joss should write all legal documents!
                              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X