This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I just find a new Battlestar?

So I was watching the episode Epiphanies again and I noticed something. Some time ago someone had asked about the names of the other battlestars. Well if you watch this episode closely watch just after Adama has the spokesman for the peace movement arrested. The very next scene is in the hangar bay and as the camera pans up, in clear view, you see the nose of one of the Viper MkII's. On the nose is a unit crest and at the top of the crest it says "Primus."

Now I went to some other images of other Viper Mk II's just to be sure and I noticed that the other images I have seen show the name "Pegasus" in the same area on the crests. So is it possible that I have discovered the name of another Battlestar that fought in the first Cylon War?

Feedback.....

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

I checked this and here˙s a photo:

maybe mark ll vipers were taken from all over and brought 2 galactica to be used as museum exponats or smth.

Comment

hey....cool catch.

could very well be.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

It's been primus since the mini-series, so it's hard to tell. Maybe that was William "Husher" Adama's Mk.II, and he had previously been stationed on the Battlestar Primus?

Comment

The insignia on the crest is a pegasus though.

Might be a callsign or something.
          "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de
            The insignia on the crest is a pegasus though.

Might be a callsign or something.

or a Squadron name

Comment

The only reason that I didn't think it was a squadron was that I saw one of the crests that said Pegasus. So I figure it might be the battlestar they are assigned. Either way it is interesting.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Primus may be the old Battlestar that was replaced by Pegasus, and that the Pegasus horse represents that particular colony's warship...

Other than that I can't tell you.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I belive the Primus patch is a squadron patch or a Viper corps patch, nothing more?

Comment

couldnt primus have been a battlestar in the fleet led by pegasus?

Comment

Personally I think the insignia refers to 1st Squadron due to the fact that Primus is latin for first. Its unclear what the rest of the insignia reads as, although we can clearly see a "1" overlaying the Pegasus. Also, whilst doing some background checks, I dug up some info on old disbanded fighter squadrons from WWII. There were a couple of squadrons that incorporated latin into their insignias and one of particular interest was a 12 Squadron in the SAAF which reads "Primus In Acien" or "First into Battle" and bears a Pegasus like creature on its insignia, well okay, it's not a Pegasus, more of a winged Antelope, but you can see the similarities in ideas...

BSG75 Viper Squadron

Comment

Maybe the writers are just Les Claypool fans...

Comment

A couple days ago I rewatched the mini again.

Primus was the Squadron that Bill Adama was assigned to during the first Cylon War, the Primus patch can only be seen on the fighter that was salvaged from the scrapyards of Sagitaron (I forget the name of the Battlestar off hand he flew off of).

The Vigilantes are one of Galactica's squadrons, if anybody comes up with any more squadon names, please post. I know I would be interested. Thanks.

Comment

Ok so I stand corrected, I did not find a new Battlestar. Thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Section_One
                              A couple days ago I rewatched the mini again.

Primus was the Squadron that Bill Adama was assigned to during the first Cylon War, the Primus patch can only be seen on the fighter that was salvaged from the scrapyards of Sagitaron (I forget the name of the Battlestar off hand he flew off of).

The Vigilantes are one of Galactica's squadrons, if anybody comes up with any more squadon names, please post. I know I would be interested. Thanks.
                              IIRC all of the MKII's on the Galactica are designated with Primus, look at Starbuck's Viper, it has the same insignia. I believe that the Vigilantes were Col. Tigh's old unit as he has an insignia hung on the wall in his room.

BSG75 Viper Squadron

Comment

Working...
                              X