Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPN Changes ST: Enterprise Time Slot -- to avoid SG-1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPN Changes ST: Enterprise Time Slot -- to avoid SG-1?

From Hollywood.com:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/article/2401999

Data visits Enterprise

Brent Spiner, best know for his role as Lt. Cmdr. Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation, is set to make an appearance on UPN's Star Trek: Enterprise this fall. In a guest-starring role sure to lure die-hard Trekkies, Spiner will playing the great-great-grandfather of Dr. Noonien Soong--the creator of Data. Spiner previously played Dr. Soong in an episode of Next Generation. According to Reuters, there has been a lot of speculation about Star Trek veteran William Shatner possibly be beaming onto Enterprise, but sources indicated there are no immediate plans for a guest appearance. The show was originally scheduled for 9 p.m. Fridays in the fall, but will now air at 8 p.m., most likely to avoid going head-to-head with the Sci Fi network's veteran series, Stargate: SG1.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Glad to hear it. Don't know if SG-1 really had anything to fear from Enterprise, but now it certainly shouldn't.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
      From Hollywood.com:

The show was originally scheduled for 9 p.m. Fridays in the fall, but will now air at 8 p.m., most likely to avoid going head-to-head with the Sci Fi network's veteran series, Stargate: SG1.
      Smart move.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Good. They came to their senses Ratings would have sucked for both series.
        sigpic

Comment

I occasionally watch Enterprise, but I almost never miss SG-1.
          sigpic

Comment

I love both shows, never miss either

Comment

All shows (well maybe not all) practically do bad on Fridays, minus cable shows, for some reason But i think ST on a different time as SG is good, for a lot of people, haha...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Thanks, Morjana! I am so tickled to hear this!! It'll work perfectly in my schedule, and not only that, but it's too darned cool. Three cheers for SG-1's time slot!

Comment

This works pretty well. Enterprise at 8, SG-1 at 9, and Atlantis at 10. The only problem is that Atlantis is on at the same time as Monk and my VCR won't record. Sniffle.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    Good. They came to their senses Ratings would have sucked for both series.

No, SG-1's would be the same, and Enterprise would just go down even more. But by the time it is on SG-1 will have re-runs.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I think people who live in places where time zones mess up the schedule, because Enterprise starts at the same time Atlantis does for me, so yah, but i'm not too big of a fan of Enterprise, so i'll just tape

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        This works pretty well. Enterprise at 8, SG-1 at 9, and Atlantis at 10. The only problem is that Atlantis is on at the same time as Monk and my VCR won't record. Sniffle.
                        But, but...Monk is repeated several times through out the week.

You can't miss "Stargate Atlantis" when it's LIVE!

ACK!

Joe, or Rainbow, or Rachel might flub a line knowing you weren't there to watch them perform!

Oh, the pain!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Doesn't sci-fi reair SG right after they air the most recent episode(s)?

Comment

There's typically a continual mix of old shows with new. It's especially great when the old shows have something to do with the new shows. Kind of a rehash.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                              Doesn't sci-fi reair SG right after they air the most recent episode(s)?
                              Uhm, yes...what's your point?

It has to be LIVE to be fully appreciated, I tell 'ya!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X