This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mIRC Channel

i have a great idea. why dont we start a mIRC channel called #gateworld or #stargate. this way we can quickly chat DURING the show.

Hey, we can even have a quiz bot

I bet there's a million IRC channels devoted to Stargate... At least there used to be, back when I was getting my new episodes off of fserves. You know, in the dark days before BitTorrent...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Great idea! Except my television is three rooms away from my computer.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I have registered #gateworld on DALnet, and I will hand over foundership of the channel if it is decided to have an IRC chat room.

You should also know that I can write a JavaScript that will connect users to the IRC chat room right off of a page on gateworld.com

PM me if interested...

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          I bet there's a million IRC channels devoted to Stargate... At least there used to be, back when I was getting my new episodes off of fserves. You know, in the dark days before BitTorrent...
          Just as an aside...since you use BitTorrent, have you noticed it being reaaally slow to get the eps lately?

Last season I was getting them the same day they were aired...now it's taking me at least 24-48 hours (for the double eps) and more than 13 for the single ones...

Comment

There is a chat channel for both shows on Quakenet.

#stargate-sg1
            #stargate-atlantis

The same two channels also exist on EFnet. Beyond that I have no idea, but I'll bet there are channels on most major public networks.

Comment

Dalnet? Oh please...

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                Just as an aside...since you use BitTorrent, have you noticed it being reaaally slow to get the eps lately?
                Yes!! I have noticed that and it's annoying me to no end! I have to get up early in the morning to start the downloading, and even then I'm not guaranteed to get to watch it the same day!

Comment

Yes!! I have noticed that and it's annoying me to no end! I have to get up early in the morning to start the downloading, and even then I'm not guaranteed to get to watch it the same day!
                  Thank god it's not only me!!

I started Lockdown at about 4pm yesterday afternoon (as soon as it came up basically), and it has been going non-stop since then.

It is now 8.05 am and it is at 92.8%.

That's not toooo bad compared to the trouble I was having with the 2parters, but I've changed BitTorrent clients since then (now use Bit Tornado) and that seems to have improved matters a little.

But still...last season I could start the download after lunch and STILL get to watch it that night.

And it's not like there aren't plenty of people seeding the files...this is making me really

Atlantis is only at 30% but at least I'll be able to watch SG1 after work tonight....and here's hoping the people who originally seeded the file thought to wait till the second airing and didn't put that horrible horrible scifi feed up for people to download.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                    Atlantis is only at 30% but at least I'll be able to watch SG1 after work tonight....and here's hoping the people who originally seeded the file thought to wait till the second airing and didn't put that horrible horrible scifi feed up for people to download.
                    I don't know which versions you're downloading, but I got the XSVCD version of Lockdown which did not have the issues people have been reporting regarding audio dropouts or whatever. However, it seems to be missing a few seconds of the beginning of the episodes.

The Atlantis ep I'm getting the XSVCD version of right now. Should be done in the morning. I already got the "xvid-lol" version which was fine, except for the fact that they'd edited out the opening title sequence for some reason (grrr).

Comment

there is irc.chevronnine.com and channel is #Atlantis i'm there

Comment

Torrent? PSH! XDCC Servers on IRC for me! Of course only when I lke the ep a lot.

Go to irc.irchighway.net in channel #stargate-fans they even have stargate trivia. Irchighway is the only server I ever go on.

BTW, Farscape fans go to #farscape-central they got trivia there also!
                        Last edited by TechnoBoY; 24 July 2004, 07:38 PM.
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                          Torrent? PSH! XDCC Servers on IRC for me!
                          Ah, downloading new Stargate on IRC... Those were the days. The days I hated. The constant fight to get in the queues, the long hours of waiting for the downloads to even start... Oh, no. No thank you.
                          Of course only when I lke the ep a lot.
                          Of course. See, some of us have to download every episode so that we can decide whether we like them or not. Otherwise we don't even get to see them.

Comment

Ah, downloading new Stargate on IRC... Those were the days. The days I hated. The constant fight to get in the queues, the long hours of waiting for the downloads to even start... Oh, no. No thank you.
                            Well all you gotta do wait a few days until traffic slows down and then its fine. Download on like a Tuesday or something. I got the SGA premiere going at 300k. Of course youre not in the USA so use torrent all you like. You dont have the MPAA breathing down your necks. Man I wish I was not in the USA, so many torrents!

Of course. See, some of us have to download every episode so that we can decide whether we like them or not. Otherwise we don't even get to see them.
                            That sucks!

I go there anyways, trivia is fun!
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                              Well all you gotta do wait a few days until traffic slows down and then its fine.
                              Waiting is not an option.
                              Download on like a Tuesday or something. I got the SGA premiere going at 300k.
                              What's the point of waiting for good speed when in the end, you will still have gotten the download several days later?
                              I go there anyways, trivia is fun!
                              Yes... That it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X