This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would the Tollan think

Looking back on the Tollan, they thought of us as primitive, I wonder what they would think of us now that was have battleships

I'de like to get some peoples ideas and opinions on "what if" the tollan were still around. What would they think about the ori, etc ...

Originally posted by adk06
    Looking back on the Tollan, they thought of us as primitive, I wonder what they would think of us now that was have battleships

I'de like to get some peoples ideas and opinions on "what if" the tollan were still around. What would they think about the ori, etc ...
    Personally, I think they'd still consider us pretty "primitive". Afterall, we haven't designed barely any of the advanced technology we now wield. It's all been given to us by allies over time. The Tollan would still view us as having a long way to go. Promising, but still a long way to go.

Well, if they hadn't betrayed us and been wiped out by the Goa'uld, I think they'd make pretty good allies right now. They definitely would have rejected the Ori's preachings. Besides, we could use all the help we can get against this threat.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was just talking to my brother about them. We realy haen't heard anything about them sice the last transmition.
      Check it out:

The Woman survives the attack and many others. They never told us, or anyone about their secondary defense system which is escape. Though a lot died trying to flee. A lot still survived. But on with my story.

The Tollan are well aware of our current situation and present past. They have been hiding and building ships. At the same time comunicating with the Nox and Asgard. (and someone else ep. 200)
      and they are hell bent because they left there gaurd down. And are now on the offensve.

You can take it from here
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
        You can take it from here
        It would be sweet to see what the Tollan could do as an offensive-minded people. Personally, I hope some of them did survive. The Tollan as a whole didn't deserve to be totally wiped out because of the mistakes of their leaders.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

well, the ships were given asgard technology...

Comment

1) We've barely done any of the progress on our own even by means of Stargate (meaning: Someone's helped us with pretty much everything, someone like, oh say, the Asgard)
            2) A few battlecruisers does not an advanced civilization make.
            Spoiler:
            The Ori civilizations will be riding battleships to the Milky Way. Does that make their people advanced?

Comment

lol the people who built the ships were given everything they need, we had to gather trinium naquida, plus we being alittle bit more advanced then farmers and such have some what of an understanding of the things on our ships, I mean we did build a hyperdrive for the prometheus, and we are using our own railguns which suck but it's still progress from the beginning of the show, and the fact remains that we could of build them on our own, it wasn't until the Promei was complete that the Asguard dropped by to give us shields
              we can assume the Tollan didn't have good hyperdrive technology because in "100 days" when jack becomes stranded we ask the Tollan and they say it would take about a year to reach him.

Comment

there would be even more worried about us killing our selves lol considering the Asgard are now building us ships and running around the Galaxy
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Personally, I think they'd still consider us pretty "primitive". Afterall, we haven't designed barely any of the advanced technology we now wield. It's all been given to us by allies over time. The Tollan would still view us as having a long way to go. Promising, but still a long way to go.

Well, if they hadn't betrayed us and been wiped out by the Goa'uld, I think they'd make pretty good allies right now. They definitely would have rejected the Ori's preachings. Besides, we could use all the help we can get against this threat.

100% agree.

we are bugs compared to them

Comment

Plus everything else in our tech is still lacking. Only our military has improved so they will defintly thing we are still primitive.

Comment

I'd say they would still call us primitive (the Tollen are a pain in the Neckta).

Comment

The Tollan are probably too busy trying to rebuild their civilization to be of much help to us in the fight against the Ori.
                        JOIN THE FIGHT FOR GALACTIC DOMINATION!

http://stargatewars.com/recruit.php?uniqid=dl1158117270

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                          Plus everything else in our tech is still lacking. Only our military has improved so they will defintly thing we are still primitive.
                          Only a small percentage of the world's military has improved thanks to the Stargate program, what with all of the secresy and all.

Comment

They'd definately get a hearth attack.

Comment

I don't know about the Tollan. They helped the Goa'uld because they thought it was in the best interest of the lives on Tollana. Who's to say they wouldn't do the same with the Ori? To them it would be kill or be killed.

Comment

Working...
                              X