This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumpers in the Milky Way - Possible Spoilers

Well I was checking out some of the news on Gateworld today and noticed pictures for the season finalie: camelot:

Is it me or is that a puddle jumper being repaired. I remember that the puddle jumper that we had from season 8 was used to go back in time and recover a ZPM. However when they fixed the timeline, did they have a puddle jumper?

It makes me wonder, with atlantis
    Spoiler:
    getting a fresh supply of puddle jumpers from the episode, "the tower", it makes me wonder if they actually did bring puddle jumpers with them to the MK galaxy.

It also makes me think that a Puddle Jumper's tech is probably similar to that of the Ori's tech, and so having PJ in the battle would be great too.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by McSwift; 26 February 2006, 09:36 AM. Reason: The topic evolved. Thought that the pic shows a PJ but in fact could be an ancient weapon now).
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift
    Is it me or is that a puddle jumper being repaired.
    Thoughts?
    To tell you the truth, I have no idea what kind of ship Carter's working on in the pic. Not really much to go on. Guess we'll have to wait for the ep to be sure, unfortunately.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think it's a Puddle Jumper, perhaps something like the defense sattelite from SGA.

Maybe they find a hidden parkinglot for Alterean ships. They park 'em, and ascend. All free of charge

Comment

Puddle Jumpers dont have external circuitry. Its all on the inside.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Plus don't see how a puddle jumper is going to help against an Ori fleet. Looks more like something big...a satelite as has been suggested.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Puddle Jumpers are small and if that was what Carter was working it, it would have a more cylindrical shape.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I don’t think it’s a puddle jumper, but whatever it is the grooves on the side do resemble pj (Ancient) design.

Comment

A couple 'Jumpers probably wouldn't hurt Earth's fleet. I myself think the F-302 needs a counterpart support ship, ala the Raptor to BSG's Vipers. The Jumpers can cloak and scout ahead, and act as Forward Air Control for the Earth fighters-Big advantage over Deathgliders.

Hm... Maybe it's the weapon Merlin was creating? I don't know about you, but a weapon to take out an Ascended being would probably give off a LOT of energy. Having it in space keeps it from, you know, destroying the planet you're building it on. Or it could be an Ori satellite, we never did see it up close in Ethon, at least close enough to see if it had Ancient-style plating.

Comment

I could be wrong, but wasn’t it mentioned that the Daedalus now carries with it one or two jumpers.

Comment

they prolly found an alterran satelite

Comment

I watched the episode where the Sodan gets attacked (I can't remember the name). Anyways when they mentioned that
                      Spoiler:
                      one of the altererans (merlin) was building a weapon that can kills ascended beings
                      , I believe that this picture of carter fixing somethings is this weapon.

It could very end up something like that of the episode like the Siege or even looks like Rekoning part II where they hold off Da'Kara while they figure out how the ancient device works.

I'm guessing the cliffhanger is that the Ori breaks through the defense and the possibility of them capable of destroying the Ori is the cliffhanger.

Does this sound better now?
                      Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
                        Well I was checking out some of the news on Gateworld today and noticed pictures for the season finalie: camelot:

Is it me or is that a puddle jumper being repaired. I remember that the puddle jumper that we had from season 8 was used to go back in time and recover a ZPM. However when they fixed the timeline, did they have a puddle jumper?

It makes me wonder, with atlantis
                        Spoiler:
                        getting a fresh supply of puddle jumpers from the episode, "the tower", it makes me wonder if they actually did bring puddle jumpers with them to the MK galaxy.

It also makes me think that a Puddle Jumper's tech is probably similar to that of the Ori's tech, and so having PJ in the battle would be great too.

Thoughts?
                        Puddle jumpers dont have hyperdrives and if they brought one to earth sam would have been talking about it

Comment

Originally posted by Ludofjn
                          Puddle jumpers dont have hyperdrives and if they brought one to earth sam would have been talking about it
                          No, but they could have been sent through the stargate or sent via the Daedalus--if a Pegasus puddle jumper would even work in the MW.
                          Rocky

Comment

Spoilers

Its most likely the Super Gate... according to a magazine(Starlog I think) Iskimmed thru today at Borders Bookstore there is an article on the finale and Joe M. states that there is a great scene where Carter is EVA working on the Super Gate when the Ori ships start coming thru right in front of her.

Comment

Maybe we find an ancient ship, similar to a PJ, but bigger, much bigger, but not "Aurora" sized. Ohhh, and that ship has Merdin's weapon on it!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                              I caught frogs and called them prince
                              And made myself a queen
                              Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                              I slept in castles and fell in love
                              Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                              To capture tinkerbell
                              They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                              But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                              And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                              And anything I can to get by
                              And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                              X