This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Get in the Gate" contest winner revealed on SGA tonight

THe winner of the 2005 "Get in the Gate" contest on SciFi was shown at about twenty minutes into Stargate Atlantis tonight in an ad. Nancy, er, something I think. SGA is still playing so....

Anyway, sounds like they're doing a 2006 contest again too.

Hope the winner comes forth and tells everybody what it was like to work on the sets of SG1 and SGA.

The Third to last ep, that kinda odd. The winner usually appears in one of the final 2 episodes of the season.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      The Third to last ep, that kinda odd. The winner usually appears in one of the final 2 episodes of the season.
      No, she will be in the finale, I'm pretty sure, but she was shown in an ad (commercial) tonight. Think the name I caught was Nancy Marr(?), but not sure.

Comment

I sure wish it was me. Oh well, maybe this year. I bet she had a great time.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

From the Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX):

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...2.3e5e7df.html

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Sci-fi fantasy

Nancy Martin, a serious Stargate fan, recently won walk-on roles on the Sci Fi Channel original TV series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

"It was amazing, the whole experience," the McKinney homemaker and former Texas Instruments employee said.

She and her husband, Stephen Martin, a TI engineering manager, loved the movie and have watched the cable TV spin off for years.

They entered the cable channel's "Get in the Gate" sweepstakes for a chance to be on their favorite show's set.

This couple didn't travel through the galaxy via watery portals called Stargates. But they were flown to Vancouver, British Columbia, where the series is shot, and put up in a swank four-star hotel.

Then the Martins got to explore the alien world of lights, cameras, makeup and TV-making magic from behind the scenes.

"You get these ideas in your head about Hollywood being this easy fluff job. But man they worked hard," Ms. Martin said of the crew and actors. "They were there every day for 12 hours straight to shoot a one-hour show."

Although she appeared in four scenes, she won't know what was actually used until she sees it on TV like everyone else.

Look for the woman with a head wound and big bandage on the 8 p.m. showing of Atlantis on Friday. She'll also play the hooded wife of the governor of King Arthur's Camelot, in SG-1's season finale at 7 p.m. March 10.

But don't expect to hear her voice. Ms. Martin didn't win a speaking role.

"They weren't sure my Texas accent would go with Camelot," she said, laughing. To see some photos, go to www.martinpics.photo site.com/vancouver.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

This article from the DALLAS NEWS reveals the winner

Sci-fi fantasy

Nancy Martin, a serious Stargate fan, recently won walk-on roles on the Sci Fi Channel original TV series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

"It was amazing, the whole experience," the McKinney homemaker and former Texas Instruments employee said.

She and her husband, Stephen Martin, a TI engineering manager, loved the movie and have watched the cable TV spin off for years.

They entered the cable channel's "Get in the Gate" sweepstakes for a chance to be on their favorite show's set.

This couple didn't travel through the galaxy via watery portals called Stargates. But they were flown to Vancouver, British Columbia, where the series is shot, and put up in a swank four-star hotel.

Then the Martins got to explore the alien world of lights, cameras, makeup and TV-making magic from behind the scenes.

"You get these ideas in your head about Hollywood being this easy fluff job. But man they worked hard," Ms. Martin said of the crew and actors. "They were there every day for 12 hours straight to shoot a one-hour show."

Although she appeared in four scenes, she won't know what was actually used until she sees it on TV like everyone else.

Look for the woman with a head wound and big bandage on the 8 p.m. showing of Atlantis on Friday. She'll also play the hooded wife of the governor of King Arthur's Camelot, in SG-1's season finale at 7 p.m. March 10.

But don't expect to hear her voice. Ms. Martin didn't win a speaking role.

"They weren't sure my Texas accent would go with Camelot," she said, laughing. To see some photos, go to

www.martinpics.photosite.com/vancouver

Comment

Well Nancy, I don't know if you are a member here, but congratulations.
              Rocky

Comment

Well, good for her. Maybe she will come one Gateworld and tell us about it.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  Im sure it was Prommy in S6...or was that that girl from BBC?
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                    Im sure it was Prommy in S6...or was that that girl from BBC?
                    Go to her website (link in article below) in which you can see her in costume, etc.

Comment

I glad for her! BUT, I envious as heck!

MYSPACE!
                      COME SAY HI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle Govender
                        I glad for her! BUT, I envious as heck!
                        They had a second ad yesterday, stating she'd be on the March 3rd episodes.

Comment

I'm GREEN with envy......did you see the pics she got? I should be so lucky. Oh well, there's always next year, I hope.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Im very green with envy. I hope next year i can win :0)
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Wow, that's really cool...someone from McKinney, TX won! That's like less than 10mins from my house.

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X