X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question commentaries SGA

I hope I post this in the good place.

I really like the bonus of the DVDs box Season1 of SGA (region2) but my favorite thing in the bonus are usually the audio commentaries.

Sadly, they don't have subtitles in this box, and English is not my first language, I have difficulty to understand it when listening it. It's really infuriating to see so many of them, and not know what they saying .

So I wondered if someone knew if it exists somewhere transcripts of the commentaries?

Thanks you.

TEAM LOVE

Hi welcome to the forum

I dont think theres transcripts for the commentaries...you could always google it to see if google can find any
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

A while ago I believe that someone here on the forum was writing transcripts for the audio commentaries, I believe it was Season 8 of SG-1 though.

Comment

Originally posted by schtroumph_c

I really like the bonus of the DVDs box Season1 of SGA (region2) but my favorite thing in the bonus are usually the audio commentaries.

Sadly, they don't have subtitles in this box, and English is not my first language, I have difficulty to understand it when listening it. It's really infuriating to see so many of them, and not know what they saying .

So I wondered if someone knew if it exists somewhere transcripts of the commentaries?

Thanks you.
        I don't think ANY DVDs have subs for the commentaries. Because:

1) They are commentaries. They have subs for the episode themselves. What, now we're going to sub the commentaries in 6 languages and then you have to choose?
        2) Too much is said to be subbed. They already had to cut a lot out of the dialogue to fit it into the subs. Imagine what they'd do the commentaries.

Comment

Originally posted by schtroumph_c

Thanks you.
          Ack! You make me feel guilty! =0) With all of my boxed sets and I've barely seen any of the special features! There's time I suppose but... *sigh* I'm so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
            Ack! You make me feel guilty! =0) With all of my boxed sets and I've barely seen any of the special features! There's time I suppose but... *sigh* I'm so bad.
            You're kidding. That why you get DVDs. For the extras. I go straight to the extras if I've already seen the episodes/movies and put the commentaries on.

BTW, it's funny that this thread was started by a Smurf.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              You're kidding. That why you get DVDs. For the extras. I go straight to the extras if I've already seen the episodes/movies and put the commentaries on.

BTW, it's funny that this thread was started by a Smurf.
              I haven't always seen all the episodes. Even if I have my Mom hasn't and she wants to watch them all from beginning to end so we go through them pretty fast and then forget about the special features. However, since we just finished season eight we'll probably be going back to the special features. She gets very restless when there isn't something Stargate related to watch.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Eoin

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                I don't think ANY DVDs have subs for the commentaries. Because:

1) They are commentaries. They have subs for the episode themselves. What, now we're going to sub the commentaries in 6 languages and then you have to choose?
                2) Too much is said to be subbed. They already had to cut a lot out of the dialogue to fit it into the subs. Imagine what they'd do the commentaries.
                In fact, some DVDs HAVE subtitles for the commentaries (I don't know about Stargate, but some films, like Love Actually).

All the other bonus have them (wraithal discrimination, directive missions, etc...).

It's how it works for all the DVDs in the non-english speaking countries, you don't choose the language for the bonus (contrary to the episodes), it subs automatically in the principal language while the audio stay in VO.

Some DVDs even dubs the bonus, so expecting subtitles in all the bonus instead of some of them is not so far-stretched.

TEAM LOVE

Comment

I just think it's great that they started having subtitles on the DVD sets of SG1. The earlier ones don't and my husband and I, being older, sometimes don't catch everything that's said, so we always turn on the subtitles for movies and DVD sets. When I'm listening to the audio commentary, I don't have as much problem, because it doesn't go up and down so much like the episodes, so I can just turn it to one volume setting and it's fine.

I wouldn't mind subtitles during the commentaries, but my choice would be to have the episode subtitles showing while the audio commentary is on. That way, I could keep up with what's being said on the episode while listening to the audio commentary.
                  EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Working...
                  X