Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe I know how to break the Wraith Countermeasures!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe I know how to break the Wraith Countermeasures!

We do know that the Wraith use countermeasures to jam the ability to transport a nuclear warhead into a hive ship. This is most likely electronic warfare being projected with their communication abilities. Provided we have enough information on Wraith cruisers and hives, it may be possible to punch through their communication systems by damaging their com relays. Once their communication system is damaged enough, it may be possible to get a nuke close enough or even inside a hive ship and destroy it. It would make sense that the codes that were needed to break the Wraith countermeasures were part of communication protocols. Think about it. Isn't it just like old style radar jamming? The Wraith are obviously using their communication systems to block transporter beams. Shut down or damage their com system, and it's bombs away!

If there is more than one enemy cruiser or hive, it would be more difficult, but slowly, their communication protocols can be broken down by simply damaging them. Another question is that how is it possible to cut through the jamming system put in place by the Wraith in a situation with more than one hive? Detonate a nuke in the open. You don't even need to try to beam it close, just launch one from a standard missile tube and target an open area off to the side of the hives. The resulting blast would be enough to throw off their sensors and communications for a moment. In the resulting time, it's bombs away!

With these tactics, the Daedalus can become an extermination vessel.

How's about playing Britney Spears really loud?

Goths hate pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
      How's about playing Britney Spears really loud?

Goths hate pop.
      I believe we have seen this type of weaponry somewhere before.

Let's see... Jack Nicholson, Glenn Close, Martians. Yes, I have seen Mars Attacks!

Getting back to the topic I started, at least one person posted to my topic. I really think this could be the way to break their countermeasures--breaking their communication system!

Comment

Its entirely possible that their communication system is well shielded for such a thing. I mean they do use organic technology and its completely 'alien' to the technology earth has faced so far. Regardless though, if this happens it will only be a one shot wonder before the advantage is again neutralised.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I wonder how big of a radius their jamming capabilities have. Perhaps it would be possible to beam a nuke just outside of the ship. At least then it would do some damage.

Comment

This thread is more of a Sciency one and should really go there, me thinks...

Comment

What about a computer virus transmitted into their communications aray. They have wraith viruses. I'm sure we could have a genius hacker come up with something to battle their jamming.Possibly even infect their entire ships

Comment

It's easier than that. Just add cloaking technology to the Deadalus. They can then fly in close, shoot a time-delayed nuke into the hive-ship and get away.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Now that would be cool. Cloaking tech for Daedy. The wraith won't know what hit em until they start vaporizing.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                    I wonder how big of a radius their jamming capabilities have. Perhaps it would be possible to beam a nuke just outside of the ship. At least then it would do some damage.
                    The Wraith ships don't seem to have any shielding capabilities whatsoever. They somehow managed to jam us from beaming things into their ships.

There's nothing stopping us from beaming stuff outside of their ships. I mean, god knows we can shoot at them and they can shoot at each other. No shields!

But then it'd take, like, what, 20 nukes to destroy 1 hive?

Comment

Originally posted by Tankaras
                      Now that would be cool. Cloaking tech for Daedy. The wraith won't know what hit em until they start vaporizing.
                      That would make things too easy for us. So I wouldn't exactly count on TPTB using that tactic anytime soon. With that kind of element of surprise, the Wraith would be easy pickings.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X