X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: The Battles Of Unification.

Stargate: The battles of unification.

Ok i deleted the previous post because it was too confusing to all you folks to which no offense is meant by that, i agree its a little if not a whole lot confusing, anyway i just wanted to post this thread here to post the idea and get some feedback, i have posted ideas before and they never really took off, well i did't think they showed promise.
    Now this particular idea that ironicly is one of the oldest which i have had for about 2 years prior to now has if you write fics pretty much wrote itself in a way, the premise isn't too complicated and i think that becasue of that it proved to me to be the one that became or is about to become the one and all.
    so the premise in a simple explaination is about a scientific expidition that is entirely civilian at first that begins on a ship in the arctic circle, the reason behind this is that prior to this the docters Hamel and the ever happy and confident Dr Daly have picked up a deposit of naquahda, alien to them they see this as great find and of course to all but a select few privy to such infomation by the airforce is a state secret to put it mildly, we all know the benifits of Naquahda and its value as a whole to earth, well this is found in a small deposit in the ice or rather deep withing the ice, this gets their attention but isn't advertised as a major find because they find whilst loaning a airfice satilite for their work an unusual signature in another gid they start to search, this at first doesen't reveal itself to be Naquahda and so peeks the curiosity of the doctors and their team, but the find as the story develops in the first fic is also being hunted for by how shall i put it a group of alternative scientist but no qualificatons or recocgnision in the scientific community for reasons they have a nasty tendency to show up, murder and steal the find to sell and become rich not famous, however this time these bad guys ambush the wrong team under the ice shortly after the other team finds their signature and investigates only to discover its an alien ship, now to you and me in the stargate universe we all know whos is whos ship such as Asgard etc...but this is something entirely different, under the ice for a long time the alternative shall we say team are miss informed as to what the find is and the airforce is contacted promptly to the dismay of Dr Hamel, the airforce in their usual men in black cloak and dagger attitude work quick to hide this find and silence the real scientists when the other team makes their move, of course a ship in the ice is exciting to those of the scientific community and many a declaration of secrecy later they go inside by means of some fancy and powerful technology to cut through we don't need to know the detail right now of course but all will be revealed, however the events that are standard as in "we came, we saw, we took to fight other enemies" airforce attitude is swiflty interupted by the bad guys and guns blaze people are shot and hostages are taken both airforce and scientists, these bad guys aggresive and generally un-nice to most people with money are just as supprised as everbody else was, but in their ignorance to the finese that comes with operating alien technology they most foolishly activate the ship when they have the scientists under the barrel of a gun, the result and im saying this in a somewhat sarcastic attitude here but im sinsere as a heart surgeon when i say this is the start of a new adventure if you like adventure but who dosen't? the airforce personnel scientists and bad guys that are kind of prison material if that gives you a better picture of them end up thrust into the start of a discovery that could prove bigger than the stargate network.

ok so thats the general idea, its in a nutshell but supprisingly on your screen right now (pititaful attempts of humour must be excused by this point as i have had approx 4 hourse sleep).

if by now you think the idea is cr*p and you may, i ask some patience be expended upon the idea as its still early stages but not at all exhausted, oh and if your thinking it sounds a little famiar to say i don't no VOY than you are wrong which im happy to say, im not an idea stealer but this is just the outline of the first fic, the character angles and history will be explained with less aggresive sarcasm than this at some but not so far off stage in the future so fear not.

oh dear my fingers are stiff by this point, anyway i leave by saying thaks for reading and by all means please leave feedback if you will good or bad and i don't excell at bribery but green may be given to supportive comments, no im only kidding if i get at least 8 hours sleep i will give some much deserved green.....i sound horid at this point bribing ppl oh well it worked for bush and blair i can only hope the same applies to this

Last edited by Darkstar; 27 February 2006, 05:25 AM.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Short transcript:

Top of the world.

The intrepid rocked slowly in the waves of the north atlantic ocean, the horizon was a feild of ice and a deep blue backlit by the sun just below the horizon that sank below it 14 hours before.

on the forward deck Dr Hamal sat next to the frozen cable potruding from the deck below, his breath illuminated by a full moon and the ship a diamond in a deep blue ocean added to the mystery of the mission that had led them all there.

Dr daly emerges from a bulkhead with a steaming coffee and approches Dr hamal who remains sat quietly and staring into the ice feilds ahead.

Daly: "how long have you been sat out here?"

Dr hamel disturbed by the voice behind him turns around whilst remaining sat, fully clothed in a thermal outfit he peeps one eye around the furry hood of his oversized coat.

Hamel: "just an hour or so...you come to bring coffee cos mine became frozen 45 minutes ago"

Daly: "well actually the canteen was shut i used the last of my reserve i brought the other week...thought i needed it since people are tending to use the deck of the ship as oppose to the cafeteria" she makes jokingly with a grin on her cold face.

hamel: "i like the veiw...damn windows on this ship are so cold they freeze all day....still i have the biggest window onboard the ship" Dr hamel turns back and goes back to staring out at the open sea.

daly: "i actually prefere the quater deck...you see the sound of the engines humming makes me feel warm...don't ask it just does......anyway its only going to get colder over the next few weeks if we don't find what we are looking for" she says soflty as she moves closer to Dr hamel as the conversation gains a little more momentum.

Hamel: " I don't know i just feel were getting closer...we should have found something the satilite scaned the 12th to 47th regions and the arcepelico....i convinced these guys we had a fix on the location, heat signatures don't just appear and sink into nothing" he explains in a frustraighted tone and moves aside to allow Dr Daly to accompany him on the frozen outcrop.

Daly: " We all saw the same signatures myself included, i mean the Naquahda deposit was a dead fix.....i mean if there is more to this region than we know its worth exploring to the full extent right?

Hamel: "uh yeah thats right....of course....we only have 6 more days before the satilite becomes the property of the airforce....it took me months to pursuede them to let me borrow the sensors and the uplink program....i mean the fact that we found naquahda in the beta grid should be enough to convince them to help....right?

Daly: take my advice.....when it comes to convincing the airforce or national security devisions on a top secret satilite program thats run outta colarado the feedback doesen't exacly come back think and fast......they gave clearance to scan for more deposits, the fact that you and i think that there is more to the artic ocean than anybody else means we may have to drop the search but at the very least disclose the satilite scans to them, they can fund another search, another pass or whatever but i do know what we are doing could mean more to the human race that...i don't know...the split of the atom..this material naquahda could mean that we found the perfect source of energy......and if the pentagon wants to cover it up and feed us little bits of info pece by peice then it must be something big.....and i mean big" she explains with a confidence and then returns to a sip of her coffee and looks up into the sky.

hamel: "don't you mean the super powerful energy they know all about but refuse to comment as to why this planet has only a few deposits of it?"

Daly: " uh yeah......you see they'll never tell us more than what we know already we found out more about whats under the ice than anybody else.....this heat signature could put us in the position to approch the airforce or whoever and show them we found something worth more than 28 days of borrowing a satilite for navigation"

Hamel: " If not we freeze to death out here....what do you say about going over those reading again?"

Daly: "sure why not......we can pick up where we left off tommorow and im sure we're getting close"

*Dr Hamel and Dr Daly vacate the deck of the ship and tread carefully on the frozen surface to the bulkhead*

Quote from Darkstar:

So there is just a snippit, of course you may have already see the thread post and thought "what the fricking hell is all this about" well its just the first paragraph of text that is designed to confuse but as the story goes on you will understand all of it, so the above transcript small in itself just displays a short conversation between two of the fics main cast, Doctors in science as you may have gathered are searching for something big, this isnt the openning lines but a few chapter down the line, i did't want to reveal to much but thought that this snippit is worth posting from the fic as it outlines that these people are infact civilian and working at first outside the usual stargate airforce and pentagon, the idea of the first story is that it appears small in nature that we have a group of scientist on a civilian ship that is searching for something and found something we already know a little about, but this is the work up for a bigger supprise.
    so not a lot i know the spelling isn't perfect on this copy but i will assure you don't be put off by this as my spelling is impecable and i pride myself on my good spelling but unfortunately my spell checker has been on its ass since december so im relying on my judgment but anyway i just wanted to post a snippit and will post more when im in the mood.

thanks for reading people, if you want you can come back and read more on this throughout the week and i hope you leave feedback no matter how bad or good it is i like constructive critasism please do so
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I have absolutly no idea what this is about, If you want to grab an audience you need to offer them something more then riddles, some hint of how to solve the riddles, some clue to the overall plot.

Comment

Fic Number: 01.

Title: The top of the world.

Synopsis:

A civilian science expidition makes a discovery that could prove to be as big as the stargate was, under the ice of the north Sea frozen in ice and hidden from the ouside by the sea, they make their find but when three of the epidition team go missing the investigation turns up more than just a cover up for a secret satilite program run out of colarado.
        An unknown alien ship found prompts an investigation by the airforce but events turn sour when another solo expidition team arrives and ambushes the civilians and airforce, hostages the science team are forced to make their newest find work where soon they will discover that the stargate is not the only alien technology that can take people to other planets but another galaxy as a whole with no way back to earth for all of them, the airforce personnel scientists and mercenary expidition team find their newest home more than a trial and will open up a universe of discoveries that they could never imagine before now.

This is just the first fic story that out of many ideas show for me the biggest promise, based on the usual stagate theme this fic serial that brings a new meaning to the word "lost", i think it shows promise and isn't that complicated as it may seem but complex as it progresses, anyway refering to the original post that may seem utter twaddle the meaning behind it will show through and become more meaningful as the fics go on and the overall story develops, it doesen't rely on familiar stargate themes but it does add its own flare to a famous and much loved show that pushes the boundaries every time its on the TV.

Comment

Thats an episode idea whats the series itself about though?

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
            Thats an episode idea whats the series itself about though?
            well the series is about this group of characters aka a cast of people much like a show that are cut off from the gate network in another part of space, the exact location is unknown and in part the whole idea of that, its not to be a fancy and massivly explosive affair where we get to have regular contact with earth all the time, the idea of the characters is that each is different, the arforce personnel are as you would imagine up tight and compelled to follow command and orders and generally keep the order, but other characters such as civilians are less that acceptant to the order, the civilians are not used to space travel and gate travel the univers that is the stargate universe is unknown to them and the bad guys who started the whole thing off are erratic and unpredictable, aggresive and completely alien to the whole stargate idea these guys pose the biggest problem to the others, a difficult situation tends to bring people together but faced with the prospect of never returning home things are less than relaxed and calm.
            The plot is the ship, an alien ship to whom the crew of it are unknown even to the airforce, this ship on earth and hidden ever since its arrival is more than just a tool to which the characters are introduced to the strugle ahead, its a mysterious vessle that will become their home and hold a few supprises in store, even more its arrival was never a mistake and a plan by some higher beings we have yet to meet, anyway all this would relate to the first few fic stories, but in this new realm of space that is as unusual and unpredicatble than the events that brought them all there, regardless of that the characters must come to terms with the events and uphold human morals and beliefs in a place thats more alien to them that they could know.
            the fic is different to the show and thats why i prefer the ideas becuase they are not to easy to predict and leave mystery there and opennings for bigger things to come, although as i mentioned the ship, the general conventions of gate travel and space flight that you may have become used to is not the driving force here, they have ships and shall i say a rather different form of gate travel, but the good and bad line thats so easily defined in SG1 and SGA doesn't apply to this nor does the word allies and the word enemies either.

i can understand that it dosen't sound too interesting at this present moment in time, but im not rushing the story along and although some of the plots to come are still under progress there is a few that will be added at a later date, this isn't so much a fic series about space battles and astounding revelations that are wrapped up in a single fic, its more focusing at first on the characters, their relations with the natives whom are not the average run of the mill alien people, i did't want to focus on a big idea that is set in stone, i wanted a story that progresses at a consumable pace and isnt to thin on the character side of things leaving many questions to asked afterwards.

anyway any more info i decide to post will be here soon, which is more than likely, thaks for reading this and i hope you like the idea, feedback is appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X