PDA

View Full Version : Official Spiderman 3 Teaser Poster

darman
February 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Here you go:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22567

Let the speculation begin

Edit: Sony says it's not black and white photo, he's actually wearing a black suit.

New stuff: villain costume designs Click Here (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30611?spiderman_3_designs_venom_sandman_green_goblin_20)

Elwe Singollo
February 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM
Reminds me of the pose that Selene did in Underworld, minus the spider costume!

NakedJehutyV2
February 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
looks awesome but where's the white spider logo?

is this all what the symbiote is gonna do to him? looks like his normal one but painted black

vaberella
February 23rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
That's Crud!!! I was so hoping I'd see VENOM!!! And I get this!? It looks his same old boring blue and red costume..so their gonna make it black and white now?!

Please!!! If I dont' see leather/or that rubber like material as the costume I'm not gonna waste my time. The Venom costume is the dopest costume out there and beats spidey's usual. Ugh!! Venom is my fave spidey character..well after they killed off Gwen Stacy!!

VB

NakedJehutyV2
February 24th, 2006, 12:13 AM
regardless someone please make a wallpaper!

Nathan
February 24th, 2006, 12:37 AM
that IS venom look at the logo on his chest

darman
February 24th, 2006, 06:34 AM
There's a lot of guessing on what this image actually means. Some actually think this isn't a picture of Spiderman at all but Venom pretending to be him. The left arm is covering his mouth, that's where that one came from. I've seen some pretty obsessed people trying to figure out what the reflection in the eye is.

The Signal
February 24th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Its the Venom outfit if you ask me, and we know he is in this one (right?) so it makes sence, the white spider logo needs to be added IMO, but its only a teaser poster, there is still time. And that reflection, as the site said, looks remarkably like the Green Goblin, and we do know that Harry now knows all about his Dad's secret identity when he found the secret room in Spidey 2, so will we see Venom/Green Goblin VS Spidey, Venom Vs Green Goblin Vs Spidey, Venom/Spidey vs Green Goblin, will Sandman be involved too, if so we may see a little too many enemies IMO

MarshAngel
February 24th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Awesome picture. The outfit looks a little scaly, a little bit like snake skin.

The Signal
February 24th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Someone asked for a wallpaper, and here is my own crappy one, until someone with actual photo editing skills comes along, this is the best i can do in 5 minutes.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/PTCG/Withgreatpower.jpg

mckaychick
February 24th, 2006, 08:30 AM
finally i have been looking for the poster of spiderman3 and havnt found it untill now. Look good.

yaaayoubetcha
February 24th, 2006, 08:39 AM
i don't think that's supposed to be Venom.
the black costume didn't have the webbing motif that this has.

Given that Gwen Stacy is supposed to be in the movie and the look of exhaustion/despair in the pose....i think it's a black mourning pic....just spidey in shadows.

that said, it can be no worse than the last one so i'm kinda looking forward to it. will be interesting to see how they do Venom....alien symbiote on JJ's kid or OsCorp experiment gone wrong...

Starbase
February 24th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Is Tropher Grace playing Venom in this upcoming installment of Spiderman?.

MarshAngel
February 24th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I see his name listed in the cast on IMDB but no role is attached to it.

Starbase
February 24th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I see his name listed in the cast on IMDB but no role is attached to it.

Thank you MarshAngel, I guess they are trying to be mysterious about not only who is playing whom, but what exactly all the characters will be.

I knew Tropher was up to something with him not being in the latest "That 70's Show" season.

Metarock Sam
February 24th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Wow this poster is amazing.
The thing about Spiderman 3 is that there is 3/4 potential enemies for the movie. Venom, The Green Goblin, Sandman and The Lizard (Doctor Connors featured in Spiderman 2). This looks set to be either a major blockbuster or major flop. Lets hope its the former :)

Kensterman
February 24th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I rather see Spidey in the original suit -- the red/blue is an icon/trademark after all. The all black suite is too commonly used nowadays.

walter_MacChevron
February 24th, 2006, 08:45 PM
The thing about Spiderman 3 is that there is 3/4 potential enemies for the movie. Venom, The Green Goblin, Sandman and The Lizard (Doctor Connors featured in Spiderman 2). This looks set to be either a major blockbuster or major flop. Lets hope its the former :)

There is no way this is going to flop because of the hype...if it is a bad movie, which it will most definetly NOT be, it will make "only" 200 million domestical, possibly a little less

vaberella
February 24th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Awesome picture. The outfit looks a little scaly, a little bit like snake skin.

See that's my problem...that looks like the Black Spidey costume before Venom costume. The black one was sort of like the red/blue one..but black. Then he got the whole venom one..which was cooler and it looked like latex...it was bloody fantastic.

VB

Metarock Sam
February 25th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Perhaps there will be no venom in this movie and instead spidey will just be affected by the symbiote and have to get rid of it so he can be normal and defeat the Green Goblin again.
That is one of the many possible scenarios.

The Signal
February 25th, 2006, 02:05 PM
There is always the option that the Goblin will be an allie of Spidey, it has happened before.

WraithKing
February 25th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I believe someone asked for a good wallpaper, here you go:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9646/sm31ed.jpg

hope you enjoy.

rarocks24
February 25th, 2006, 04:28 PM
looks awesome but where's the white spider logo?

is this all what the symbiote is gonna do to him? looks like his normal one but painted black
I'm sure that's just cuz the photo was in grey...

yaaayoubetcha
February 25th, 2006, 05:35 PM

That 70s Symbiote.

Ragnarok13
February 25th, 2006, 05:52 PM
IM LOOKing AT the eye and it looks a hell of alot like venom with his giant and long eyes

the fifth man
February 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Awesome teaser poster. And it does just that, teases. Very well, too.:) Is it Spiderman? Is it Venom? Too early to tell at this point, that's what it is. And that's the way they want it. To keep us in suspense. I so can't wait for this film to come out. It is going to kick some serious a**.

kharn the betrayer
February 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM
My bet is Spidy gets the symbiote suit(which we see in the poster) and near the end He forces it away because its changing and corrupting him and Eddie brock fuses it and becomes Venom in the last scene...

and I was realy hoping for The Lizard as well ;_; but no we get Sandman instead -_-

darman
February 26th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Here is some fan art of the poster with addition of the white spider on the front. It shows great balance between movie and comic book spiderman.

BEHOLD!!! (http://images.aintitcool.com/images2006/Blackenstein.jpg)

Easter Lily
February 27th, 2006, 02:56 AM
My hope is that it will still be a film about Spiderman... and not just a showcase for the villains. That's what made the later Batman films less than amazing.

Spidey taking on the persona of Venom is an intriguing thought, if true.

The poster does open up a lot of questions, doesn't it?

Darkstar
February 27th, 2006, 03:04 AM
I always thought venom would be in the 3rd flick, still its open to argumant but they can't let one of the greatest villans go by without a show for him, as for the green goblin, well my money is on some kind of alliance with spidey.
anyway im not in the know with the comic books so i don't know the whole scenario of how venom came to be but im told he came from outter space, an alien of some sorts?

i will revise my knowledge of spiderman then :D

Nathan
February 27th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe I missed something but didn't the Green Goblin die? How would he come back? Sure his son discovered the hidden room etc but that doesn't mean he will turn into the green goblin 2 does it? Spiderman has a lot of enemies they could go through, why bring back one that has already been on?

The original point of Venom was he knew everything about Spiderman/Peter Parker. Why can't GG's son take up the mantle of venom? He knows all about Spidey/Peter and has access to his father's experiments. Who's to say he doesn't get infected by something that ultimately turn him into venom?

mckaychick
February 27th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Who's all going to be in spiderman3

vaberella
February 27th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Here is some fan art of the poster with addition of the white spider on the front. It shows great balance between movie and comic book spiderman.

Now that is the VENOM costume..not that ribbed stuff....I can see him getting the venom, sort of latex suit..but that suit there is just the black spiderman suit...

Enemies/Guests?

Wolverine would be cool.

LIZARD

Hobgoblin

GreenGoblin

The Incredible Hulk? I would love that so much...but I want him fighting everyone!

BLACK CAT (Storm's (Ororo Munroe) original character)

darman
February 27th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Who's all going to be in spiderman3

Confirmed Cast:

Toby Maguire as Peter Parker
Kirsten Dunst as M.J. Watson
James Franco as Harry Osborne
Thomas Haden Church as Sandman
Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy
James Cromwell as Captain Stacy
Topher Grace.....unknown

the fifth man
February 27th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Topher Grace.....unknown

You gotta love that unknown, don't you?;) Definitely makes one wonder.

Kensterman
February 28th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Great to see that Toby signed up again. I wonder though how successful SP3would be if he hadn't. He makes a good Spidey IMO. It's one of those things were it's hard to imagine someone else playing Spidey.

Confirmed Cast:

Topher Grace.....unknown

vaberella
February 28th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Confirmed Cast:

Topher Grace.....unknown

What? They wait to bring in Gwen Stacy? She was better than MJ..oh man..well at least she's here you know. She might have been just thrown out. Cool they got Sandman...I was looking forward to Lizard though....

The Signal
February 28th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Awesome!:D

aaobuttons
February 28th, 2006, 09:46 AM
You gotta love that unknown, don't you?;) Definitely makes one wonder.

The top guesses for Topher Grace's role is that of Venom or Chameleon. I think either would be interesting to see.

darman
February 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
What? They wait to bring in Gwen Stacy? She was better than MJ..oh man..well at least she's here you know. She might have been just thrown out. Cool they got Sandman...I was looking forward to Lizard though....

There are conspiracy theories out there saying that director Sam Raimi was forced to put MJ in the first one by the studio...who knows. The funny thing is that Dunst had to dye her blonde hair to red, and Bryce Howard has to do the opposite.

Exiled Master
February 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
The top guesses for Topher Grace's role is that of Venom or Chameleon. I think either would be interesting to see.
I think Topher's size makes him better suited for Carnage. Having the suit in teaser poster as the black costume symbiote would be bad. I really like the one posted by darman. I also think the reflection in the eye is Venom.

darman
March 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM
New pic hits the net..supposedly actual shot from the movie..real or not...it looks cool

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/SM3black.jpg

Metarock Sam
March 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Darman Ithink its safe to say youve got a lovelly photoshoped fake there. It is so blatantly obvious too as the background is blurred plus the cuts that Spidey has in this pic are Identical to a pic from Spiderman 2. And the suit is just really badly coverd on. IT doesnt even look black, more deep purple.

aaobuttons
March 30th, 2006, 11:50 AM
The actual aint it cool news article http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=22888 has identified the image as a fake.

Metarock Sam
March 30th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Plus the cut on the left side of his lower abdomen is too round to be a cut and has been filled in too whit aswell.