This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meetup for UK fans at Pages in London

If you're a fan of Stargate then you're not going to want to miss the Stargate night at Pages Bar in London on August 7th (full details in my sig below). We'll be celebrating the start of Season 8 and the premiere of Atlantis. This will be a lot of fun, and a great chance for you to meet up with your stargate buddies so make sure you get them along!

Please feel free to advertise this event on any lists/forums etc that you belong to. It is simply an open for everyone Stargate night, and we want to get as many people along as possible. Details are in my signature below.

We'll be playing Stargate music videos on the night, so if anyone has high quality videos on VCD let me know!

So, is anyone interested? Anyone think they might like to go? Post here!
    sigpic

Me please !
    I'm not very creative with making outfits,so I'd prefer to stay out of Fancy Dress,but this get together sounds great fun !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Excellent, I look forward to seeing you there! Hoping that lots of GateWorlders will manage to get along.

I won't have a lot of internet access over the next week, but Madeleine will be around to answer your questions, and I'm hoping to get Feli to pitch in too even though she won't be there!

It's not a fancy dress! There's no need for anyone to dress up if they don't want to, and we won't be having a fancy dress type competition like you might have at a con. It is just that last year a lot of people turned up in themed outfits. One particularly great SG1 fatigues type of outfit came off to reveal a Hathor outfit undernearth which was particularly well done!

So we thought we would offer some sort of encouragement this year, in an informal kind of way.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks,GateGipsy ! I love seeing Fancy Dress,so hopefully others will be a bit more creative than me....I'm a dunce with a needle and fabrics .

Also thanks for the additional info !

*Digs about for London Map*
        (Maybe time to buy a new one,actually,as it's been a fair while since I was last in the Capital .)
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 August 2004, 06:48 AM. Reason: Correcting spelling !

Comment

There's a map on the Pages website. It's not too difficult to find!
          sigpic

Comment

Got it ! (Should have looked before mumbling ! )
            Fun site,btw...lots of event piccies and stuff . I'll be there,no worries.

Comment

well they haven't got our event up yet **grumble** but the manage is on holidays until monday so that might be why.
              sigpic

Comment

Is that how early the series's are starting here then (I've already seen em I'm just wondering) I assumed they'd start in september.

Comment

Yes, it does start airing in September but it's never too early to get a head start. And have a party with fellow SG-1 fans...

So, right now we have

Gipsy
                  Bagpuss

Who else? This is going to be a fun night!

Comment

Sorry I would. But I'm not sure my parents would like the idea of me going to London to meet a buncha geeks i met on the internet.

I'll also properly be walking in yorkshire dales at the time so sorri.

Can I take it fact your celebrating Atlantis Premeire mena its confirmed Sky's actually going to show it?

Also is the date the day when their actually going to start here?

Silly question I konw but i haven't seeen answers else where on the forum.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

I'd love to come, but I'll be on the nightshift all that weekend
                      Do you have the starting dates for Series 8 and/or Atlantis?

(I've been busily ignoring the forum, trying to avoid spoilers)
                      Chook

Comment

I'd love to attend, but the fact is I doubt I could go. I'm only 13 and I doubt my parents would allow me to go to this event in London with a bunch of people I don't really 'know'. Sorry!
                        __

__

Comment

Would you even be allowed in a bar?

Comment

Good question. I think you are but you're just not allowed up where they sell drinks!
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                              I'd love to attend, but the fact is I doubt I could go. I'm only 13 and I doubt my parents would allow me to go to this event in London with a bunch of people I don't really 'know'. Sorry!

They would be holding your hand through the whole event! LMFAO

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                              X