This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot zone virus

Wouldnt the hotzone virus makers ned to be from Earth as in the epp i think it's called "Before i sleep" the guy says he's blocked all gate addresses except earth so she wouldnt get any unexpected visitors? And the writers are hinting that the new bad guys could be the makers.... so just wondering how so? Spread some light on this.
    http://splitreason.org

The Hot zone virus may was most likely being stored in Atlantis for reasearch purposes before they had to leave because of the Wraith. I doubt that that someone came to Earth just to take a virus to another Galaxy.

Comment

maybe who ever made this virus made the virus that wiped the ancients out in the milky way?
      http://splitreason.org

Comment

But that's not possible...I mean the 'micro-tech' (my own name) virus seemed to be able to attack only those who were human...meaning those without the ancient gene..If you had the ancient gene you were fine for instance McKay. Unless they were really out to eliminate the human race so the Wraith could die off?! I was just mullling that over in my head!

Furthermore, my impression was that many of the ancients married humans, hence the reason that John has a strong ancient gene as well as Beckett..and or some of them ascended...I don't think ascention matters on what galaxy your in.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Maybe the virus creators where first an pegasus and pretty annoyed about all that human life poping up all over the place.
          So they created the virus to kill humans, and as that didn't worked as planed, they fine tuned the wraith as biological weapon to take down the ancients and the pesky humans.

Comment

They are the "former tenants of the Pegasus Galaxy" according to TPTB.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Yeah, they said it was former tenants. I had thought though maybe it was the ancients messing around with it, developin a new virus or somethin, cuz it could be used against the wraith, we don't know, we only saw the effects with a human. Atlantis was a big city, heck Janis built a time machine against the councils wishes, some doctor could have been experimenting on his own. Maybe it was designed similar to beckett's virus, except instead of removing the bug part from the wraith, it was removing the human part from the wraith. lots of different possibilities, but like i said, we don't know what i'll have an effect on other species such as the wraith.

but like everyone said before, its creators were former tenants of the pegasus galaxy, which the ancients were former tenants before the wraith were created....just somethin to think about

Comment

Originally posted by dmayor09
                Yeah, they said it was former tenants. I had thought though maybe it was the ancients messing around with it, developin a new virus or somethin, cuz it could be used against the wraith, we don't know, we only saw the effects with a human. Atlantis was a big city, heck Janis built a time machine against the councils wishes, some doctor could have been experimenting on his own. Maybe it was designed similar to beckett's virus, except instead of removing the bug part from the wraith, it was removing the human part from the wraith. lots of different possibilities, but like i said, we don't know what i'll have an effect on other species such as the wraith.

but like everyone said before, its creators were former tenants of the pegasus galaxy, which the ancients were former tenants before the wraith were created....just somethin to think about

This is exaclty the stuff I've been talking about Teyla. I seriously think that it was a rogue Ancient scientist that kidnapped the humans and ran tests on them!!! It was no Wraith trying to create a better food source.

It was a rogue Ancient who wanted to create a race of peopel who could fight amongst the Wraith. Remember there was a battle as mentioned in 'The Gift' and the peopel who had the DNA won the battle against the wraith. Why in cookies name would this rogue Wraith just give up the people and hop eit would dilute in the gene..?!

It makes no sense..he'd feed on them or have someone feed on them..not let them go. The Wraith whne the found out came back to try to destroy those people..what kind of nicey nice Wraith is this?

I'm telling you some crazy Ancient scientist wanted to have super soldiers. Teyla is the only person next to Ronon--who I blieve has that chromosome so Wraith can't feed on him. Anyway Teyla and Ronon are the only two I've seen who need 2 blasts to be taken down by the Wraith stunner..while everyone else is knocked out by one shot.

Not to mention Teyla is the only one I've seen in a fight with a Wraith and held her own....kicked a few butts too. I think her people were out as super soldier and to destroy the Wraith since there were more humans than there were ancients is clearly apparent...

Something's going on....I thin there are few players in the field when we look at the ins and outs of these things.

Comment

The former tenants could be either another alien group... or a rogue group of Alterans who came to Pegasus long before the Atlantis Alterans arrived in Pegasus. Hell... they could be the ones responisible for making Pegasus into a "lifeless" galaxy.

Considering how some Alteran tech such as the head-sucker, and the chair have a weirdly similar design compared to Wraith ships... there might be a connection.

The ones who created the Wraith were Alterans themselves it stands to reason why the Wraith were able to beat the Atlantean Alterans. Numbers plus nearly equal technology. Not to mention that the current Wraith are unaware of how to repair even their own ships... unless these ships were built for them by the rogues. Oh yeah... and the fact the Wraith language is derived from Ancient.... so it makes sense.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Here's a thought... the virus was constructed to target human's... not ancients. That is, if memory serves correct, it was specifically designed not to attack people who had the ancient gene. Given that the wraith are part human, it is quite possible that the ancients themselves created the virus to attack the human part of the wraith... kind of an opposite effect to Beckets retovirus.

Comment

That's a bit reckless don't you think jasnell and not only is it reckless but also selfish and malicious. What of the humans who could die because of the virus? If there were any mistakes during it's release? And they would have to have thought that hey, if we dont' die and we're essentially part human how can we be certain the Wraith will? But you know what? I don't think I like the Atlanteans much and I do think their far more malicious than people think.

Don't get me wrong I think the Wraith are more humanistic than given credit for...but I have to wonder about the Atlanteans for all their intelligence to take such a risk. Their time would have been better spent making more super humans like Teyla (I think a rogue Atlantean did those) or finding the person with the chromosome in Poisoning the Well.

Comment

The "Hot Zone" virus wasn't really a virus at all, but nanobots that targeted a certain region of the brain. Those with the Ancient gene were not affected, only normal humans died. McKay did mention that the Ancients did not create the virus, they were only studying it.

The season 3 episode, "Progeny" will deal with the virus creators.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Also, the PTB (Joe Malozzi) have stated that neither the Ancients nor the Wraith nor anyone we've actually seen thus far are the Hot Zone virus creaters.

The ones who created it are the new enemy in season 3. It's possible the Ancients created the humanoid nanites who then created the Hot Zone virus, which would make the Asurans the new enemy. Or there's an entirely new enemy that looks somewhat like the ghosts in the visions.

So who are you gonna believe? The writers who actually writes this stuff or fans who snipped up some random quotes and spoilers and interpreted them in their own way?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                            So who are you gonna believe? The writers who actually writes this stuff or fans who snipped up some random quotes and spoilers and interpreted them in their own way?
                            We won't know for sure until the episode airs next summer (ooh, that sounds so far away).

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

the producers had screwed up the SG1/SGA relations with Ancients and history from the start, what they say is always changed or corrected within several months of each episode
                              Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Working...
                              X