This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straczynski on StarGate?

I was viewing some of the Babylon 5 sites today and got a little curious as to what the show's creator had been up to. I had been wishing that this guy who made an awesome sci-fi show like Babylon 5 would do StarGate... Well, anyway... I found this comment here on one of the sites that tracks his projects. Lets just say that the info looks.... interesting.

http://www.worldsofjms.com/projects.htm

Showrunner Series

(Updated 27 January 2006)

Straczynski has been offered and accepted the show-runner position on another series which should, if all goes according to plan, start shooting in Vancouver in March of 2006 (with preparation in January). This series is a companion to another series currently being run by the creators.

As of December 2005 Straczynsi is starting on the first script, which is due late January. Other writers have also been quietly put to work. Straczynski says there is still one last detail that needs to be ironed out at a much higher level regarding the venue.

Straczynski has said that this series will nothing like Babylon 5 or Jeremiah, but he promises that it will definitely be of interest to Babylon 5 fans and fans of science fiction in general.
    Hmmm.... a science fiction show being filmed in Vancouver that Babylon 5 fans (like I am) and science fiction fans in general will find interesting... what COULD that show be????

IF, he is coming to work with TPTB... we might get to see some really nice story-arcs.

------
    edit..

Can a MOD please move this to General Discussion....
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

oooo cool. I don't know (or care really) if he is working on stargate or not, but I like his stuff. Should be interesting whatever it is.

Comment

I don't often see coincidences like this in announcements. The last one I saw connected Ubisoft and Free Radical Design to a new FPS for the Revolution.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Just have to stay tuned, I guess. Interesting possibility though.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If JMS starts to write for Stargate then I´ll be in geek heaven. The guy is an amazing writer and B5 represents more then any other show how sci-fi should be done.

Does this mean that we might get another spin-off series or are they refering to Atlantis?

Edit: Assuming of course that they are talking about the Stargate franchise in general

Comment

Hello Atlantis?! However, a third show without any of the current writers input would be nice. Although Gero and Binder would be allowed I guess

If JMS takes over any Stargate show I'll move to Vancouver and start doing some borderline stalking

SIGN MY BOOBIES...
            But you're a man
            SIGN THEM ANYWAY!

Comment

The way I see it, this sounds like either a third Stargate series, a Battlestar Pegaus series (or something), or - most likely of all - JMS taking over Atlantis.

Comment

The comments "start shooting" and "first script" makes me think this isn't Atlantis but rather an entirely new series. I don't think it's a new Stargate series (unless that's the reason why Joe got so tight-lipped around here), rather it could be a new BSG shoot-off or a shoot-off of another currently airing scifi show.

But hey, if JMS wants to take over Atlantis more power to him. He would only make it better.

Comment

If JMS stepped into the Stargate universe, that would be "da BOMB"!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

If he took over either of the SGs i'd much rather see him take over SG1 as I feel that it's really dropped off...still enjoyable, but really in need of work...so far this season, for me, it's just been the appetizer to the main course of SGA and desert of BSG.

Ideally, I'd love it if he had the helm of an entirely new series. No continuity to worry about...no existing history to work around...none of those type of problems.

Hmmm....he writes Supreme for Marvel MAX...maybe SCIFI bought rights to that...nah....not that lucky.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Joe Mallozzi never mentionned anything about JMS in his blog. The 4400 is also shot in Vancouver, would it be a spin-off from that?

Although I'd love to have a new showrunner for Atlantis. BW didn't do a good job in season 2, he can go back to showrunning SG1, RCC aint doing that good a job there either.

Comment

I did some searching, and the going theory I found elsewhere is Masters of Sci-Fi, the companion to Showtime's Masters of Horror. It's a series of one-hour adaptations of horror stories. The sci-fi version is set to include stories by Harlan Ellison, H. G. Wells, and Ray Bradbury, among others.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          I did some searching, and the going theory I found elsewhere is Masters of Sci-Fi, the companion to Showtime's Masters of Horror. It's a series of one-hour adaptations of horror stories. The sci-fi version is set to include stories by Harlan Ellison, H. G. Wells, and Ray Bradbury, among others.

I would say this is a better option. JMS has worked with Harlan Ellison on B5 and more than likely working with him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            its gonna be this, 99% certain

JMS on SG and us not knowing about it would be very unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              The comments "start shooting" and "first script" makes me think this isn't Atlantis but rather an entirely new series. I don't think it's a new Stargate series (unless that's the reason why Joe got so tight-lipped around here), rather it could be a new BSG shoot-off or a shoot-off of another currently airing scifi show.

But hey, if JMS wants to take over Atlantis more power to him. He would only make it better.
                              It's no doubt a brand-new series, but I honestly don't think I"d want JMS worknig on either Stargate. While B5 was good in some parts, it was overblown in others...

Comment

Working...
                              X